Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Texas quarterback talks Clemson offer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Texas quarterback talks Clemson offer

Jan 17, 2013, 8:34 PM

Texas quarterback talks Clemson offer

Clemson was the first school to offer 2015 Dual-threat quarterback Chason Virgil out of Mesquite, TX. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All these qbs - what must Kelly and Watson be thinking.

Jan 17, 2013, 8:54 PM

I guess CU must have given up on Watson? or getting back at him for talking to other schools, and Kelly, with Tajh coming back - hope he does not transfer? Go Tigers! Stay Kelly!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He'll be a RS Frosh this year doubt he's thinking about

Jan 17, 2013, 9:01 PM

A transfer

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

No stupid, he's thinking 3 year starter.***

Jan 17, 2013, 10:16 PM

Ironic isn't it***

Jan 18, 2013, 1:47 AM

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: All these qbs - what must Kelly and Watson be thinking.

Jan 17, 2013, 9:02 PM [ in reply to All these qbs - what must Kelly and Watson be thinking. ]

Transfer! Why? Kelly is in a good position and unless he is afraid of competition (doubtful), he has no reason to think about transferring.

Jan 17, 2013, 9:05 PM

The same thing all the RB's WR's TE's OL's DL's LB's DB's K's & P's are thinking, I guess.

Jan 17, 2013, 11:02 PM

Hopefully they are trying to get better. Otherwise hit the road. You are at Clemson!

Jan 17, 2013, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: All these qbs - what must Kelly and Watson be thinking. ]

I think that some say the transfer thing to make it sound as though they have a clue of what is going on in a players mind. Think again with this one. I'm almost sure that the Chad Kelly will be the next starting QB at Clemson after Tajh....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope you are all right about Kelly - what about Watson?***

Jan 17, 2013, 10:07 PM

Re: I hope you are all right about Kelly - what about Watson?***

Jan 17, 2013, 11:06 PM

what about him? We are now attracting talent that makes what he thinks far less than a matter of life or death. If he come to this program, he should expect to compete against the best. If he can't handle that, adios.

Jan 17, 2013, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: All these qbs - what must Kelly and Watson be thinking. ]

He's an elite quarterback. So why does that mean we can't have several of those??

Jan 17, 2013, 9:04 PM [ in reply to All these qbs - what must Kelly and Watson be thinking. ]

we only have 3 scolly Q/B`s with Roberts leaving.. most teams have 4-5

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2013, 7:11 AM

if you look back at some of the premiere schools from the past, they had multiple QB's at a high level of competition. Back when Miami was good, they had QB after QB that were elite and they wanted to play there, because of the that. George Mira, Jim Kelly, Bernie Kosar, Vinny Testaverde, Steve Walsh, Ken Dorsey, Craig Erickson, and Gino Torretta.

We need to be that good.

Jan 17, 2013, 9:07 PM [ in reply to All these qbs - what must Kelly and Watson be thinking. ]

really, is everything some big conspiracy. kelly will play next year. woulard will redshirt. watson has nothing to worry about. have you seen him play. if you are scared of competition get a dog.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2013, 11:21 PM

We've been currying to these players' feelings far too long. Recruit the best every year.

filling roberts spot; does it have to have something to do

Jan 17, 2013, 9:08 PM [ in reply to All these qbs - what must Kelly and Watson be thinking. ]

with kelly or watson?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this guy won't even be here for another two years

Jan 17, 2013, 9:12 PM [ in reply to All these qbs - what must Kelly and Watson be thinking. ]

We're just replacing numbers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson is becoming elite

Jan 17, 2013, 9:35 PM [ in reply to All these qbs - what must Kelly and Watson be thinking. ]

With that, you have a stud at each position 2-3 deep. I think the players know that to be NC standard, a team must be stacked at every position with depth.

Haha Kelly will be gone before this kid would be on campus***

Jan 17, 2013, 9:59 PM [ in reply to All these qbs - what must Kelly and Watson be thinking. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Signing one quarterback per year seems reasonable.***

Jan 17, 2013, 10:51 PM [ in reply to All these qbs - what must Kelly and Watson be thinking. ]

Re: Signing one quarterback per year seems reasonable.***

Jan 18, 2013, 12:41 AM

What is everyone thinking? You have to have LEGITIMATE backups that can step in...It's stupid not to. I'm sure SammyW thought he would play longer than a minute in the bowl game.
Things can happen just that fast. Most on here are acting like we should only have two QB's. We need a stable of them! Remember the 2010 Season, Auburn game, Parker was never the same the rest of the season. You shouldn't have to put a QB in games with broken ribs. I CAN DO IT. I CAN DO IT, COACH!!! HOGWASH! We should have had a FULLY capable backup...ready to go! IMO :)
GO TIGERS!!!

Re: Signing one quarterback per year seems reasonable.***

Jan 18, 2013, 1:35 AM

Exactly we need to start training our younger QB's so when their seniors graduate or get drafted we have more to fill in. How many players actually get to play? And how many players do we have on our roster? Ok you should get it now.

Jan 17, 2013, 10:59 PM [ in reply to All these qbs - what must Kelly and Watson be thinking. ]

They should be appropriately thinking that they are dealing with a top program, and shouldn't take a da#m thing for granted. Oooyah!

Re: Front Page Story: Texas quarterback talks Clemson offer

Jan 17, 2013, 9:06 PM

as the imortal Ric Flair said.. "To be the man, you have to beat the man...woooooooooooo" ..if he dont think he can compete and be the man , i dont care how many stars he has, move on down the road.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alot of reassuring answers here - however still wondering

Jan 17, 2013, 10:12 PM

about Watson. He was so stuck on Clemson and Morris and now he is visiting Ohio State and listening to other offers.

Jan 17, 2013, 10:10 PM

also hearing T. McNeal may be leaving

Jan 17, 2013, 11:38 PM

Good guy, but way out of his league at Clemson. He should transfer and maybe get some playing time somewhere. Won't happen at CU.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic