Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UNC just annouced switching to on line classes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

UNC just annouced switching to on line classes

Aug 17, 2020, 4:36 PM

All in all, not a good sign for football at UNC this fall. However, the school is allowing student athletes to remain in the dorms as an exception.

On the one hand, it is good that the football players will no longer be surrounded by 20k other students. On the other hand, it will make it easy for the administration to cancel football if the students are not on campus.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UNC just annouced switching to on line classes

Aug 17, 2020, 4:41 PM

UNC is the most liberal college in the nation, I’m not surprised by the wine and cheese crowd.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

While I agree that UNC is liberal, I don't believe they

Aug 17, 2020, 4:46 PM

are the most liberal. But, I could be wrong; it is Monday.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Aug 17, 2020, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Re: UNC just annouced switching to on line classes ]

Most liberal in the nation? Almost all colleges are liberal now and yes, even Clemson. UNC is not remotely close to being the most liberal in the nation. Ever looked into the northeast or west coast schools?

I dunno !!!

Aug 17, 2020, 5:13 PM

Three decades of deliberately and systematically creating fake no-show/no work classes for the sole purpose of keeping student-athletes eligible academically seems awfully liberal to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I dunno !!!

Aug 17, 2020, 6:03 PM

There you are!! What took you so long buddy?

Sounds to me like

Aug 17, 2020, 8:19 PM [ in reply to I dunno !!! ]

Trump University.

Seems ironic that the football team would be forced to go

Aug 17, 2020, 8:46 PM [ in reply to I dunno !!! ]

back to school and the legitimate students not......

At UNCheat, there is obviously a difference...

Aug 18, 2020, 1:11 PM

between going back to school and actually attending class.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aug 17, 2020, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: UNC just annouced switching to on line classes ]

DUKE. By far.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2020, 4:56 PM

Dook is absolutely more liberal than UNC. Correct.

LOL

Aug 17, 2020, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: UNC just annouced switching to on line classes ]

not even close ....

null

Re: LOL

Aug 17, 2020, 5:20 PM

Wow do you really believe that?

Aug 17, 2020, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Re: UNC just annouced switching to on line classes ]

Warren Wilson College has them beat in that department, think that they were the most liberal in the nation at one time.

Aug 17, 2020, 7:10 PM

Lol I’ve been on the Warren Wilson campus. What a freak show!!!

Aug 17, 2020, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Re: UNC just annouced switching to on line classes ]

The state of North Carolina as a whole......such a beautiful state, but many of their cities dumb it down......went to Ashville on the way back from Tennessee......yikes!

Aug 18, 2020, 6:34 AM

Unfortunately the same thing is happening to SC and Georgia. People are migrating here from their broken blue states and then vote the same idiotic way and wonder what happened.

Aug 17, 2020, 4:46 PM

Were students getting sick in mass numbers or testing positive? What was the testing policy?

Aug 17, 2020, 4:52 PM

The covid numbers were up:

In just the past week (Aug. 10-16), we have seen the COVID-19 positivity rate rise from 2.8% to 13.6% at Campus Health. As of this morning, we have tested 954 students and have 177 in isolation and 349 in quarantine, both on and off campus. So far, we have been fortunate that most students who have tested positive have demonstrated mild symptoms.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2020, 4:55 PM

I bet most don’t even feel sick. This is the dumbest time in American history

Aug 17, 2020, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Re: UNC just annouced switching to on line classes ]

175 new "cases" around 4 or 5 clusters (dorms one fraternity). No reporting about severe symptoms of any student or any hospitalizations.

UNC has a very liberal faculty and administration combined with the Stalinists who are on the Orange County Board of Health. Plus it didn't help that the student newspaper had the blaring headline this morning:

"UNC has a Clusterf[*@%]k on it Hands." (except they used the word).

Aug 17, 2020, 5:01 PM

Are you serious? The student newspaper printed that ? Absolutely disgusting.

Aug 17, 2020, 5:06 PM

Unfortunately, I'm very serious. UNC supposedly has one of the top journalist departments in the nation. Many of my friends are upset and have written the school demanding that the student editor be fired.

Aug 17, 2020, 5:14 PM

He should be fired!!

Aug 17, 2020, 5:19 PM

Not that it really mattes, but the editor is a "she."

Aug 17, 2020, 5:53 PM

Uh oh now I’m fired!! I just assigned gender. Lol. But no , it doesn’t matter.

Of COURSE they actually used the word . . . . seems right

Aug 17, 2020, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: UNC just annouced switching to on line classes ]

for that collective group of doooosh toasters.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

All students housed on campus are allowed to stay- it's just

Aug 17, 2020, 4:48 PM

that classes going online. Now a bunch of them will probably leave on their own or at the request of Mom and Dad considering it looks like the university is waiving the housing cost responsibility for those that do leave

Re: All students housed on campus are allowed to stay- it's just

Aug 17, 2020, 8:00 PM

They are only allowed to stay on campus if they can prove a hardship or an international student. This is similar to what Clemson did in the spring.

Aug 17, 2020, 4:56 PM

If the UNC administration takes a breath and doesn’t panic, there’s no reason football can’t continue. In many ways, it’s better - the “bubble” is now in place and classes are still “in session.” The concept is even gaining traction with college basketball for the Thanksgiving-January time frame. On most campuses, positive percentages have declined throughout the summer when only athletes have been on campus. Let them continue on their current path while allowing them to receive their education like any other student, while at the same time adding a barrier of protection. We’ve done this in every walk of life at this point - work, grade school, etc. It shouldn’t be a deal-breaker to do the same with higher ed.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2020, 5:03 PM

I agree that schools just need to be honest. Yes, we're going on line this semester for the regular students. But, with respect to the student athletes, they are to remain on campus (in a bubble) with constant testing, with excellent nutrition and medical care because these athletes are different from normal students since they generate millions in revenue for the school, which supports student athletes for our 26 non revenue sports.

UNC's situation is likely to happen at a lot of schools since we all know students were brought to campus these past weeks so that the parents would write the schools their tuition checks. Once cashed, the students could be sent home for online study.

Aug 17, 2020, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Re: UNC just annouced switching to on line classes ]

No students taking in person classes no sports I thought was the NCAA’s position

not shocking

Aug 17, 2020, 5:28 PM

media acts like the sky is falling every time one case is reported..if pedo joe steals the white house in november the hysteria will relax though bank on it

Re: not shocking

Aug 17, 2020, 6:01 PM

Does not affect football or basketball players other than they will get their virtual grades when the other students get theirs!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNC will do everything they can to play football. The fans

Aug 17, 2020, 6:13 PM

I've talked to think their winning the whole shebang this year.

Re: UNC will do everything they can to play football. The fans

Aug 17, 2020, 6:17 PM

Bengal Billy I’m a Tar Heel grad and die hard. Any Tar Heel fans that told you we are winning it all are delusional. We are getting better. No doubt. But not ready to challenge for any championships.

Re: UNC will do everything they can to play football. So no

Aug 17, 2020, 7:12 PM [ in reply to UNC will do everything they can to play football. The fans ]

one cancels their hoops. thats all they care about

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UNC will do everything they can to play football. So no

Aug 17, 2020, 7:29 PM

Wrong!! We love football. It’s great preseason entertainment.

They don't got no stinkin' classes!***

Aug 17, 2020, 8:25 PM

Re: They don't got no stinkin' classes!***

Aug 17, 2020, 8:42 PM

English major?

My english is quite good thank you very much>>>>

Aug 17, 2020, 9:05 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqomZQMZQCQ

Re: My english is quite good thank you very much>>>>

Aug 17, 2020, 9:08 PM

I like it ! Lol.

Surrounded by 20k students ????????????

Aug 18, 2020, 10:06 AM

When students go to class they are effectively quarantining themselves from UNC athletes.

Don't kid yourself

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Surrounded by 20k students ????????????

Aug 18, 2020, 1:36 PM

That’s so funny. You think that up all by yourself?

Aug 18, 2020, 5:57 PM

Colleges are open to students (as opposed to having them learn remotely) for one reason. To drive voter turnout. The number of these kids who would vote if they are at home is much lower than if they are on campus where every left wing professor and social grievance group will be banging the drum 24/7 to insure maximum turnout. And since college students vote overwhelming for Democrats its a good way for the Dems to harvest tens of thousands of votes in every state, that may have not been cast otherwise. You have to remember that everything is political to leftists and the decision to return to class is no different. This is the reason many grade schools aren't open at all yet colleges are welcoming everyone back. If the semester were to end prior to the election they wouldn't have even bothered to reopen.

Oct 1, 2015, 6:16 PM

You might be on to something there! No doubt they would lose opportunity to influence the kids.
Did anyone see the DNC discussion panel where the “lady” openly admitted their goal is to “destroy capitalism?” Please tell me who in their right mind would vote for that? Seriously, who with any degree of sanity?

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic