Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All quiet on the Texas front.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

All quiet on the Texas front.

Dec 9, 2020, 2:54 PM

Bunch of depressed fans over there. They were certain they were getting Urban and it would be announced two days ago. Now, they have no idea. They can't even argue over who they are gonna get, except to argue that whoever it is he will stink. But, that isn't an argument. They all agree.

Expect the carousel to get spinning next week. Auburn, Tennessee and possibly LSU may have openings in the SEC. VT and Cuse are the two possibilities I'm hearing in the ACC.

And, everyone expects Michigan to open up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All quiet on the Texas front.

Dec 9, 2020, 3:09 PM

I'm not really up on coaching hirings/firings, but is there really a chance that Orgeron gets the boot 1 season out from winning a Natty with the "greatest season of all time"?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2020, 3:16 PM

Probably not. But, if he is fired, it would probably be more blamed on the alleged cover up of several sexual assaults by the football team. (Some are saying it will make Baylor's look small.)

My guess is that if they wanted to get rid of him because they have lost confidence in him as a coach, then the other allegations will make it easier to make that call.

Dec 9, 2020, 3:20 PM

Ah, that makes sense... The sexual assault thing slipped my mind in the moment of trying to figure out if he really might be fired this quickly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2020, 3:29 PM

Texas themselves made their own stink. I would not be surprised if Herman decided to go elsewhere and will be in good company. The original UT perhaps? That would be a coup IMO and a lateral move for Herman. Auburn would be another move. Maybe he goes back out to Cali for a Pac12 option eventually.

I think that coach form The Waterboy is safe at LSU. Next season, not so sure.

Fuente is likely gone, especially if he loses to UVA. My VT family members are very sour and/or mum abouut him now. The last defenders of Fuente were those that while respected Bud, thought he was slipping. Loyal but willing for Fuente the chance to change. I don't think it has.

Dino will likely get one more season, he is less than 24 months removed from 10 wins. Cuse might wait and take their time finding someone over the next 12 months. I almost think Auburn will wait it out one more season.

Meechigan, shesh.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

when did Tom Herman get fired?

Dec 9, 2020, 3:29 PM

I must have missed it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I was wondering the same thing.***

Dec 9, 2020, 3:35 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: when did Tom Herman get fired?

Dec 9, 2020, 5:07 PM [ in reply to when did Tom Herman get fired? ]

No announcement has been made.

But, It is general consensus that Texas was heavily courting Urban Meyer. The thought was as soon as Meyer agreed they would announce Herman had been fired.

Now, nobody knows what Texas big wigs are gonna do. Some say keep Herman one more year. Most say get rid of him now. (I'm in the second camp. How can he coach next year? He'd clearly be "dead man walking.")

The problem is who is their Plan B? The three most mentioned names are James Franklin, Matt Campbell and Urban Meyer. Some are saying they will get an NFL coach.

But, nobody knows. And, the message boards are filled with gloom, despair, agony, deep dark depression, excessive misery.

Another group that deserves it - HEEEEE HAWWWWWW ! !***

Dec 9, 2020, 5:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Dec 9, 2020, 3:50 PM

I think Michigan was talking an extension for Harbaugh. That may be a false narrative they are putting out because they bailed on tOSU, but that was what I saw yesterday.

Dec 9, 2020, 3:55 PM

It appears they are planning to lower his base and buyout, positioning to fire him next year if his incompetence continues.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2020/12/07/michigan-football-jim-harbaugh-contract-extension/6485351002/

Also, trying to follow the Clemson model of paying more to their assistants to bring in and retain the best out there.

Side note: it appears the NFL continues to assess retread coaches for all open positions (5 teams cited as showing interest in Harbaugh).

Dec 9, 2020, 4:12 PM

VaTech may want to fire Fuente but they don't have the money to do so. Their only hope was to entice lil' Beamer to come on board and that would convince boosters to buy out Fuente. Didn't work.

Coach O is probably safe but if LSU doesn't bounce back next season, he could be looking at a Chiz situation.

Dec 9, 2020, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Re: All quiet on the Texas front. ]

Many are saying this is a smoke screen. Most are saying he's NFL bound.

IMO Texas isn't likely to fire Herman...

Dec 9, 2020, 5:03 PM

and pay a buyout that exceeds $15 million unless it's for a high profile coach like Urban.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 9, 2020, 5:11 PM

Was reading one of their forums and a good many want CBV.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2020, 5:33 PM

bretfsu® said:

Bunch of depressed fans over there. They were certain they were getting Urban and it would be announced two days ago. Now, they have no idea. They can't even argue over who they are gonna get, except to argue that whoever it is he will stink. But, that isn't an argument. They all agree.

Expect the carousel to get spinning next week. Auburn, Tennessee and possibly LSU may have openings in the SEC. VT and Cuse are the two possibilities I'm hearing in the ACC.

And, everyone expects Michigan to open up.

They should dial 1-800-USuC.

Don't be surprised if UT Keeps Herman One More Year

Dec 9, 2020, 5:47 PM

Yes, he's dug himself in a very deep hole and boosters want him out. A divorce almost has to happen.

But getting turned down by Urban Meyer hit them in the gut. Chris Del Conte feels the pressure to do something but he also knows if the next guy doesn't work out, he might also be on the chopping block.

IMO, he might prefer to keep Herman one more year. It's a fluid situation. It's >75% chance Herman is fired but they are on the clock to reach an agreement with a replacement.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic