Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Report: Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans, would consider trade to Dolphins
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

TNET: Report: Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans, would consider trade to Dolphins

Jan 10, 2021, 12:34 PM

Report: Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans, would consider trade to Dolphins

ESPN's Chris Mortenson said Sunday morning that reports of Deshaun Watson's unhappiness with the Houston Texans are true and sources tell him there's one partic Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Miami at least has a defense. thats an upgrade

Jan 10, 2021, 12:38 PM

People in Charlotte keep saying Panthers but the Panthers still have no defense.They're better than Houston but alot of holes.

He and JJ Watt have mega contracts and they wonder why

Jan 10, 2021, 1:02 PM

no one else on the team is any good.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not that simple - the ownership and.....

Jan 10, 2021, 1:08 PM

GM and HC (present and past) don't know what in the helll they're doing. It's a screwed up operation for sure. Can't blame DW for being frustrated.

Deshaun is TO BLAME for signing the mega contract with the Texans

Jan 10, 2021, 1:34 PM

He should have taken the 1 Year Franchise Tag. The frustrations and concerns that he talks about are the same issues and concerns this organization had 4-5 years ago when he was drafted! They didn’t just “crop up” recently.

Re: Deshaun is TO BLAME for signing the mega contract with the Texans

Jan 10, 2021, 1:49 PM

The Texans made promises to him that they didn't keep.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 10, 2021, 1:58 PM

The Texans made promises to him that they didn't keep.

I agree with you. However, he still should have signed the Franchise Tag! And his Agent should also share in that mistake.

Most players hate being tagged and would not willingly

Jan 10, 2021, 2:32 PM

accept a tag. Signing a new long-term deal provides financial security that a 1-year tag does not. Watson may have had reservations about extending with the Texans that were addressed with promises made to him, prompting him to sign the deal. Those promises may have now been broken.

Jan 10, 2021, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Deshaun is TO BLAME for signing the mega contract with the Texans ]

The smartest of the smart people love to make points using hindsight...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Deshaun is TO BLAME for signing the mega contract with the Texans ]

Then they take his most reliable WR away in the Nuk!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Deshaun is TO BLAME for signing the mega contract with the Texans ]

I'm sorry, but the only "promises" that athletes get to hold their club to is what's in their contract.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's fine. But if that's how the relationship is going to

Jan 10, 2021, 3:23 PM

be then Watson is perfectly justified in using the leverage he has to attempt to force a trade.

Re: That's fine. But if that's how the relationship is going to

Jan 10, 2021, 5:37 PM

What leverage does he have again? He just signed the contract. Sit out? Or media premade leverage screaming about not being a part of the hiring decision? What exact leverage does he have?

tom brady understood the concept

Jan 10, 2021, 1:57 PM [ in reply to He and JJ Watt have mega contracts and they wonder why ]

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/tom-brady-has-two-good-reasons-why-hes-ok-earning-less-patriots

"Actually, it's a salary cap," Brady said. "You can only spend so much and the more that one guy gets is less for others. And for a competitive advantage standpoint, I like to get a lot of good players around me."

All good QBs have mega contracts.

Jan 10, 2021, 2:29 PM [ in reply to He and JJ Watt have mega contracts and they wonder why ]

Also, Watson's new deal hasn't even kicked in yet. The Texans are still getting him at a bargain price right now and stink in spite of that.

Re: All good QBs have mega contracts.

Jan 10, 2021, 4:44 PM

Also, Watson's new deal hasn't even kicked in yet. The Texans are still getting him at a bargain price right now and stink in spite of that.

Not entirely true.

From what I've heard, the Players Bargaining agreement has incentives put in so when players on Rookie contracts have All-Pro years they get compensated for such.

IDK how that plays with the cap but Pat McAfee talked about it on his show when the deal for Mahomes was being drawn up.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They traded all of their draft picks and DHop. Thats why

Jan 10, 2021, 4:33 PM [ in reply to He and JJ Watt have mega contracts and they wonder why ]

they aren’t good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Report: Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans, would consider trade to Dolphins

Jan 10, 2021, 1:49 PM

I’m a lifelong Dolphin fan, I would be so thrilled to have Deshaun in Miami. It would be a great match & trade.

I’d be finding reasons for a trade too if I was Deshaun.

I must admit I don’t follow the NFL like I used to though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: TNET: Report: Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans, would consider trade to Dolphins

Jan 10, 2021, 2:35 PM

I was a Dolphin fan before I quit the NFL bc of the strikes in the early mid 1980'S. Since then, I've only watched NFL games DW4 and a few other Tiger players but, if DW4 was with the Dolphins, or even with a team that I wouldn't have to be on pins and needles every single time the ball was snapped. I just don't want or need that type of stress in my life with the snap of a FB!!!

DW4 was a great player for Clemson, and I loved watching him bc he was exciting to watch, and after I saw how often he was running for his life with the Texans, I quit watching those games!!!

Jan 10, 2021, 3:56 PM

Stop acting like the rest of these spoiled brats. Shut up and play. Just do what they are paying you to do.

Jan 10, 2021, 5:38 PM

Miami is too close to Clemson. He still thinks he runs Clemson but Texas is different !

Jan 10, 2021, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans, would consider trade to Dolphins ]

They’re not paying him to get his ### sacked 8 times a game.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans, would consider trade to Dolphins ]

Last time i checked he's QB that's all....this bs of social justice has gone to far sorry...appeasement does not work never has...

Jan 10, 2021, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans, would consider trade to Dolphins ]

Spoiled? Seriously? Well paid is not the same as being “spoiled”, and these guys work HARD for their money. Probably harder than any of us ever did. They also bring in a lot more $$$ for their franchise than they get paid.

DW has as much right to change jobs when commitments are not honored as you or I do. No company should ever “own” the rights to people - but the NFL gets away with that junk because they are an anti-competitive monopoly where the owners really don’t have near as much accountability as the players.

If DW wants to be in a place that supports his world view, then he has every right to make that change and accept the consequences without being unfairly branded as “spoiled”. You and I have that right, he does too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ron Rivera says WFT #1 off season priority is getting a franchise QB

Jan 11, 2021, 11:06 AM

Pretty sure the Texans can bungle their way into using that as leverage for a trade. Decent young running backs and a defense that played better than Houston's this year. Wouldn't be a horrible place to end up.

As a Giants fan, it would kill me to have my team face him twice per year...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic