Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All around observations tonight
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

All around observations tonight

Sep 12, 2020, 11:44 PM

POSITIVES:
- Front seven on D looks bigger, stronger, and definitely deeper than last year. Will be a strength for this D.
- Trevor could have completed all but maybe 1 ball tonight if it weren’t for drops
- OL looked good considering four new starters
- We have a deep RB room. Pace and Bowman are ready to play.
- Amari is looking as good as he has been since he came to Clemson
- TE downfield adds another dimension to our O.
- Potter was consistent tonight. Let’s hope he’s dialed in for the entire season.

OPPORTUNITIES:
- We look bigger defensively, but we seem to be noticeably slower. Outrun on a few plays.
- DBs need work. Lots of it. Having Kendrick back will be a major plus for that group
- Aside from Amari, this may be the weakest group of WRs we’ve had in years. Still as good as there is in the ACC, but a drop off from years past.

Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All around observations tonight

Sep 12, 2020, 11:50 PM

Agree on most. I am holding my breath on Tyler Davis, though.

Sep 12, 2020, 11:53 PM

Yes we need him on the field. Another year of he and Bresee and it could rival Wilkins/Lawrence.

Sep 12, 2020, 11:56 PM

Agreed. WR's look weak and need to step it up. In this game it looked like they had problems getting in position, and catching the ball. TE's looked good. And loved finally hitting the middle of the field with the play calling.

Secondary looked like the worst performance in years. I realize our starting CB's were out, but seems like we should have done better.

Lot's of time left to improve, which I assume Dabo and company will do, but we have to get better WR and DB play to get to the playoff's again.

Sep 13, 2020, 12:02 AM

Can’t remember the last time we gave up 293 yards passing to a QB not named Burrow.

Sep 13, 2020, 12:15 AM

Can't disagree with most. I think the DB's deserve a break since our starting two were out. I think the WR corps is talented and will get better as the season goes on.

Concerned about the OL depth and safety as I was before the game.

One issue for all teams will be depth while dealing with Covid19. We win 11 like we did tonight and Clemson is in the playoffs.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2020, 12:27 AM

Agree on all. I’m having a hard time finding a homerun threat in our WR room against elite DB talent. Ladsen seems to have the speed but his route running needs to sharpen. Of course, Trevor’s arm and accuracy is the great equalizer + having a TE threat in Galloway.

I almost did a WR rcruiting top 300 ranking list of

Sep 13, 2020, 12:28 AM

all of our current receivers this past offseason. It is stunning that with the seasons we've had, the ranking of receivers we recruited are not so high. Noot sure how that happened. I think we just missed on some. And Ngata and Ladson are in their second year now, time to break out. Ngata is getting there, but not sure about Ladson. And all the off season bragging about a certain veteran not named Amari and he just always looks the same.

I know they say we have better players than we ever have and I'm sure they are right, but I watched the Orange Bowl from 2013 season. Offense had Sammy, Martavis Bryant, Andre Ellington, and defense had DJ Reader, Grady Jarrett, Vick Beasley.

Galloway is very impressive tonight though.

Sep 13, 2020, 10:12 AM

I agree but the rb's that are young generally got to run it. Fully ready is knowing how to pickup a blitz and block. That usually is the thing you backs pick up last. We didnt see enough of them to know if they are there yet. I'm sure it gets worked on though. As for DB's they kneed the boxing gloves in practice to stop the grabbing and force them to cover.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TE catches helped keep offense moving last night.

Sep 13, 2020, 10:37 AM

Ladsen and Ngata will need to step it up this year and Ajou has the height and build to be really good down the road. He reminds me of a young Dez Bryant from a physique standpoint.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Agree....Adding Multiple TEs That Are Legit Passing Threats

Sep 13, 2020, 10:40 AM

Plus ETN receiving make the other more average Wideouts better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic