Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alabama vs Notre Dame question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,474

Alabama vs Notre Dame question

Dec 21, 2020, 11:50 AM

My understanding is ND is a run first team. If this is correct, the match up with Ala. could get ugly early if their pass defense doesn't play better. "

I don't claim to be a "coaching genius" or even a great "keyboard coach," but what if ND pulls a VT and runs the play clock down every time to limit Ala. possessions? Does ND have enough of a running game to be able to control the game this way?

I may be wrong, but it seems to me that Ala. "lets" teams come back on them in the 2nd half. I won't try to explain it, but if ND can control Ala. possessions in the first half, Ala. won't have that huge halftime lead to fall back on in the 2nd half.

What would your strategy be if you were ND/Kelly?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alabama vs Notre Dame question

Dec 21, 2020, 12:01 PM

Call in sick that day.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

@Legacy2003 - real funny response

Dec 21, 2020, 6:26 PM

Good humor

Dec 21, 2020, 12:02 PM

Controlling the clock is always a good strategy against a team with a good offense. Our Tigers did that better Saturday than they normally do. If you can control the clock and get first down you always have a chance to win.

I’m not sure that ND can stay with the Tide but win a win by the Irish could lead to an unbelievable final,

Dec 21, 2020, 2:47 PM

Clemson had less than twelve minutes of possession in the first half. They went to the locker room up 24-3. How did they control the clock on Saturday better than usually do?

Dec 21, 2020, 12:13 PM

My only hope for the ND/Bama game is that the loser beats up the winner so they will have to fight off bumps and bruises to get ready for the championship game.

Clemson vs OSU is definitely going to leave some bumps and bruises for the winner just like the game last season.

Last season I'm not sure Oklahoma even made contact with an LSU player, much less giving them any bumps or bruises to have to get over.

I'm hoping if Clemson can beat OSU that our opponent has to fight to win their game to help us out a little more than the 2 previous years.

Dec 21, 2020, 2:37 PM

I may be wrong, but I think the best case we could hope for is that a couple of bama players pull their hammies while running free up and down the field. Otherwise bama will easily move on unblemished.

Dec 21, 2020, 12:36 PM

If I was Kelly: Pray that Bama's D is as "bad" as it looks. And by bad, like only top 30 bad. That being said, their rushing D is ranked 11th. Thus I think that ND must rely on a passing strategy and that is not good for them. They rank 57th or so passing.

I think Bama is a mismatch for ND. Bama is built to beat a ND-like team. I think ND is going to struggle to keep their WR in check, ND will not be able to run/control the ball and it could get ugly quickly.

ND hopes that Bama D does not show up, the offense plays a sloppy game, and they get some of that turnover-scoring luck.

ND might be able to run the ball well on them

Dec 21, 2020, 12:40 PM

They haven’t faced a great running team yet.

I think that will be an interesting match up. If ND can run they can keep it relatively close. Their secondary will get torched.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2020, 2:22 PM

I think this game could be a lot more interesting than most people are giving it credit. Though Alabama has a high-powered offense, they have not really been tested so far this season by any team with an offensive pulse (yes even Florida is not that great IMO). I think if ND can slow the game down and grind away with their running game (which I don't think Bama can stop) it could force the pressure on the Bama offense to score and possibly lead to errors on their behalf. We haven't really seen Mac Jones be pressured this year, and I think that ND might have to defense to cause some chaos in the backfield (Much like our own defense will if we have to play them in the NCG). I see the final score being somewhere in the range of 35-21, or a close win of either side at 35-31.

Dec 21, 2020, 2:42 PM

I think Book will hold onto the ball ""too long"" and get happy feet -- just what Bama wants him to do -- just like against our Tigers,he can not out run the faster defensive backs,he will see from Bama***

Huh? I would argue Florida has the 2nd best offense

Dec 21, 2020, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Alabama vs Notre Dame question ]

in the country.

Lay the points and take Bama. After the UF game

Dec 21, 2020, 3:25 PM

I expect Bama defense to be stoked.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2020, 3:41 PM

Notre Dame can beat Alabama . But there needs to be some allowances by the Tide to make that happen .
Namely , their offense would have to punt on first downs .
Defensively , They're probably going to have to line up in the back of their own end zone each play so that ND has a real shot at getting into it .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

When ND is down 21-0 early in the 2nd quarter...

Dec 21, 2020, 4:40 PM

do you think they will continue milking the clock?

ND has no chance. This is a nightmare matchup for them. They don't have the passing attack to keep up on the scoreboard (mainly because their receivers aren't that good).

Devonta Smith, Najee Harris and Mac Jones are going to show America why Alabama will have 3 guys finish in the top 5 Heisman votes. The real question about this matchup is whether Alabama scores 50 or not.

Bottom line: ND better stack the line against Harris and hope Mac Jones has an off day throwing the ball to Smith.

Dec 21, 2020, 6:53 PM

Alabama’s defense is horrible at stopping running/shifty quarterbacks. Unless they contain him like we did they won’t stop their passing game.

I’m going to call an upset here because Ian Book stays alive play after play for them to mix the pass in with their run.

Notre Dame 37
Alabama. 33

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,474
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic