Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Tony Elliott weighs in on Gamecocks firing Muschamp, his head coaching future
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

TNET: Tony Elliott weighs in on Gamecocks firing Muschamp, his head coaching future

Nov 16, 2020, 1:22 PM

Tony Elliott weighs in on Gamecocks firing Muschamp, his head coaching future

Tony Elliott is no stranger to the coaching rumors carousel and the Broyles Award winner has already had his name mentioned in relation to the opening at rival Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, reading between the lines it sounds like he is

Nov 16, 2020, 1:41 PM

definitely interested in the UofSuCk job. I had a bad feeling this would happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

He gone.***

Nov 16, 2020, 1:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

... gone like a freight train, gone like yesterday ...***

Nov 16, 2020, 2:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Just how far gone are u gonna be !!!

Nov 16, 2020, 6:41 PM

Nm

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He gone.***

Nov 16, 2020, 8:12 PM [ in reply to He gone.*** ]

He has no poker face. It’s pathetic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed, he left absolutely no doubt***

Nov 16, 2020, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Wow, reading between the lines it sounds like he is ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Agreed, he left absolutely no doubt***

Nov 16, 2020, 2:59 PM

You guys are a piece of work.
Consider writing for Saturday Night Live? ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 6:45 PM

I’d rather watch 2 dogs than have anything to do with SNL.

Nov 16, 2020, 7:10 PM

Two dogs doing what?

Nov 17, 2020, 11:53 AM

2 dogs doing the.......well, u know !!

Re: Wow, reading between the lines it sounds like he is

Nov 16, 2020, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Wow, reading between the lines it sounds like he is ]

Please explain.

Well our offense can't even get a first down when it matters

Nov 16, 2020, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Wow, reading between the lines it sounds like he is ]

and we've got 5 stars everywhere.

So I can't imagine that crowd in Columbia would be too thrilled with that hire.

Do they even understand the concept of a first down?***

Nov 16, 2020, 2:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Nov 16, 2020, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Wow, reading between the lines it sounds like he is ]

That didn't sound good. I just hope he finishes the season at Clemson.

Nov 16, 2020, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Wow, reading between the lines it sounds like he is ]

????????????????

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

I must have read a different article. It sounded

Nov 16, 2020, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Wow, reading between the lines it sounds like he is ]

like he wants the HC position at Michigan University

Re: I must have read a different article. It sounded

Nov 16, 2020, 6:48 PM

Yes. I think freeze, Napier and sarkisian (Bruce Feldman mentioned sark linked to uofsc) all would wait on the meeeeechigan situation.

Wow, you got that out of those comments? I took those

Nov 16, 2020, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Wow, reading between the lines it sounds like he is ]

comments as Tony politely saying he is not interested in any other job, not just SCAR.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not necessarily at all - this is typical "coachspeak" for...

Nov 16, 2020, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Wow, reading between the lines it sounds like he is ]

when a coaching vacancy occurs. He's not going to say no to anything anywhere until he hears details - he'd be foolish to if his goal is to be a head coach someday.

The questions is - does he want to be a head coach so badly that he'd take the South Carolina job? I don't think he's a fool - surely he can locate something better than that.

Re: Not necessarily at all - this is typical "coachspeak" for...

Nov 16, 2020, 9:30 PM

What I got from TE's response was "I am so incredibly invested in and busy with my current job that I barely have time to think about lunch, much less what's going on 130 miles from here."

Nov 16, 2020, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Wow, reading between the lines it sounds like he is ]

While it may give us all a bad feeling,I think if there is anything to read between the lines,He would wait till the end of the season before committing to any offer.

He's ready to take the next level if a job is offer.***

Nov 16, 2020, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Wow, reading between the lines it sounds like he is ]

Naah. USC is my guess. NOT UofSC

Nov 16, 2020, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Wow, reading between the lines it sounds like he is ]

That said I agree. His denial was not emphatic. Assuming he does - what is Clemson's Plan B? This part bothers me.
You never know anything can happen.

Re: Naah. USC is my guess. NOT UofSC

Nov 16, 2020, 10:11 PM

Don’t worry about a plan B . Dabs has already made plans through the letter L .

Re: TNET: Tony Elliott weighs in on Gamecocks firing Muschamp, his head coaching future

Nov 16, 2020, 1:54 PM

If he did go there AND hired Chump back as his DC, who knows..... the sky is the limit!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does anyone know Elliott’s BMI?***

Nov 16, 2020, 1:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

He is NOT going to UofSC and he is NEVER going to UofSC.

Nov 16, 2020, 2:04 PM

I do worry about him going to other openings whenever they come up. I love Coach Elliott!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Don't see Elliot

Nov 16, 2020, 2:04 PM

Fitting in with that crowd in Columbia.

Re: Don't see Elliot

Nov 16, 2020, 10:08 PM

He would have fit in good with those engineers down in Atlanta .

Wrong answer, Coach Elliott.

Nov 16, 2020, 3:14 PM

The correct answer is, "I have no interest in coaching at that horrible program with no winning tradition and ignorant redneck fans. Moreover, I have no desire to be associated with such a subpar academic institution, nor am I interested in living in the bu++hole of the state, Columbia. I am honored to be mentioned for any head coaching position, but that is one I would never consider in a million years."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Not a good fit culturally !!!

Nov 16, 2020, 4:40 PM

One has a very high level of character and integrity and the other is constantly trying to rationalize and justify inappropriate conduct (i.e., players constantly running-off at the mouth on the field, fans throwing water bottles at opposing teams and fans, hand jobs in the stands, tailgate sexcapades, etc.).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I think what he was really saying is, "I know this Former OC

Nov 16, 2020, 5:05 PM

and he went on, by your standards at USuCk, to be very successful at SMU and the University of Arkansas. Here's his number 865-THE-CHAD. You should give him a try.....

You people...! Nothing in that article

Nov 16, 2020, 10:01 PM

suggests that Tony Elliott is interested in the UofSC job. (He’s also had a front-row seat for that dysfunctional coaching situation for several years now, and I can’t imagine he’d be fool enough to leave Clemson for that job. Moreover, I think both Jeff Scott and Brad Scott would warn Coach Elliott off if he even considered it.) There’s no shortage of things in this world to worry about - no need to go looking for more.

Re: You people...! Nothing in that article

Nov 17, 2020, 11:43 AM

^SARCASM is fun ^

Re: You people...! Nothing in that article

Nov 21, 2020, 8:16 AM [ in reply to You people...! Nothing in that article ]

I got out of the article a very clear message that he is Alabama’s next head coach.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic