Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ever know anybody that was bipolar?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Ever know anybody that was bipolar?

Dec 13, 2019, 11:28 AM

A friend of family that I've known since a young boy. Now 40 something. Sears his feelings on his sleeve. Talks alot. OK when taking his meds. Alcoholic.

A woman I once worked with. Would cuss like a sailor when not taking meds. Mean as hell. Like a ##### cat ?? when on meds.

Both like a light switch.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm married so..

Dec 13, 2019, 11:29 AM

yes

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Really ##### ?

Dec 13, 2019, 11:30 AM

What about ###### ?

wears***

Dec 13, 2019, 11:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Yes ?? Thanks AI.********

Dec 13, 2019, 11:35 AM

bipolar I or II?***

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

II

Dec 13, 2019, 11:39 AM

https://www.healthline.com/health/bipolar-disorder/bipolar-1-vs-bipolar-2#symptoms

my wife is bipolar I and I'm thankful for

Dec 13, 2019, 11:52 AM

capitalism which has driven medical research in this area. There are some wonderfully effective drugs on the market today.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to hear

Dec 13, 2019, 12:35 PM

The woman I worked with took Lithium. When she took it she was gentle.

I'm sure I've a personality disorder, but

I don't think it is that one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sure I've a personality disorder, but

Dec 13, 2019, 11:42 AM

Dated one at Clemson she & her girlfriend were loads of fun

Dec 13, 2019, 11:36 AM

Oh, you said bi-POLAR

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: Ever know anybody that was bipolar?

Dec 13, 2019, 11:43 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppnwGfS7SXg

It just means your moods vary and swing. It's not

Dec 13, 2019, 1:11 PM

necessarily sudden mood swings either. People can be manic for a week or more at a time, then crash into a deep depression for a few weeks. Or the mania/depression roller coaster can vary daily. But it's characterized by incredible bouts of euphoria and productivity, then eventually the high breaks and they fall into an unproductive depression. My mom has it. I can place her position on the roller coaster usually after the first sentence I hear when she calls me.

ALSO, work injuries are more common with bipolar people when they're manic because they tend to be more rash, less thoughtful, and more in a hurry and careless. Likewise, when they're depressed at work, they don't get anything done hardly.

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agreed

Dec 13, 2019, 2:55 PM

My mom had it. Just like you described.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes

Dec 13, 2019, 6:23 PM

A neighbor. Our kids grew up together but she had her episodes. Maria got a call from her son one evening. "Please, please come over." We went over to the house totally wrecked. The husband totally freaked out. It obviously was the worst shape she had ever been in. As we as calming down to situation, She comes running into the kitchen totally naked. Crazy look in her eyes and a #### eating grin on her face. Maria wrapped her in a blanket and sat with her until the paramedics arrived. It was a very sad and bizarre night. The parted ways now long after that and I haven't seen her again.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic