Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Agree or disagree? Dabo will go with KB next year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

Agree or disagree? Dabo will go with KB next year

Jan 6, 2018, 5:23 PM

if he thinks he can win another Natty with KB at QB, regardless of what the other QB's are capable of. I can see this happening. The only problem miscalculating and coming up short. Do you think Dabo would allow that scenario to play out?

Message was edited by: orangecoloredglasses®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree

Jan 6, 2018, 5:32 PM

Dabo will ride KB till doomsday.However riding KB will all but assure 'ANOTHER CLEMSON Championship''And another playoff run.You have to find reciever 2 and 3 on a consist
ent basis to beat Bamma dunno if KB can deliver on that,beacause I havent witnessed it yet.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree

Jan 6, 2018, 5:41 PM

The way our offense played Monday we wouldn't beat either Georgia
or Oklahoma.Forget Bama.

Agree.***

Jan 6, 2018, 5:35 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree or disagree? Dabo will go with KB next year

Jan 6, 2018, 5:37 PM

Yes he will because to Dabo seniority is more important then actually winning. That’s why you saw stoudt start over Watson. And why you saw Zerrick Cooper against Syracuse instead of Hunter Johnson. I love Dabo wouldn’t trade him for anyone but his seniority to his Qbs is his only disadvantage. However because of talent around the board we will continue to win 10+ games a year

Jan 6, 2018, 5:49 PM

God what an idiotic post.

What would you expect from a dude who calls himself

Jan 6, 2018, 6:01 PM

Jessy? I mean come on, really?

Jan 6, 2018, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Agree or disagree? Dabo will go with KB next year ]

I have to, reluctantly, agree.

Jan 6, 2018, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Agree or disagree? Dabo will go with KB next year ]

Agree.

Jan 6, 2018, 6:58 PM

KB will never be a top-tier QB, although I love his spirit and competiveness. With him, we have no vertical threat, Alabama realized this, adjusted accordingly and shut us down.

TIME FOR THE MODS TO SMOKE THIS TROLL***

Jan 6, 2018, 10:22 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2018, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Agree or disagree? Dabo will go with KB next year ]

No, unfortunately, think he has as major point.

Jan 6, 2018, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Agree or disagree? Dabo will go with KB next year ]

Who get's the talent you moron

Jan 6, 2018, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Agree or disagree? Dabo will go with KB next year ]

That is the stupidest thing ever Jessy.

SMH.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fail.

Jan 6, 2018, 5:37 PM

Of course KB is the starter right now. But it will all play out, and Dabo ain't gonna make a single decision based on any opinion of a tigernetter.

Jan 6, 2018, 5:39 PM

I disagree.Kelly will be the starter, but if he can't pick up the zone reads
any better than he did against Bama Monday night, I think Trevor replaces him.
Of course, not everything that happened Monday night was Kelly's fault.
Our offensive line couldn't block.In fact, I don't think they knew what the definition of
blocking was Monday night.

Jan 6, 2018, 6:25 PM

Any offensive line feeds off of the QB, and when they sense disarray in the backfield they react accordingly. We have a real Div. 1 QB (number one) coming in who will be a game changer for Clemson. I just hope that we play him. Number #1 player in the nation---arriving on campus tomorrow! Will they play him?? I doubt it. Misplaced loyalty has no place in football at this level. If a player doesn't realize that, they should go to junior college. And this guy played at one of the toughest high-school programs in the country, and started for four years. Switch KB to safety.

Jan 6, 2018, 8:53 PM

moron

Jan 6, 2018, 5:40 PM

It's not a question of KB, it's a question of how the other qbs develop and perform based on opportunity. Dabo will ride KB until someone steps up and replaces him. As to catching the ball, Deon Cain is NO Mike Williams. Deon needs to learn that you have to catch the damm ball before he can start showboating

Jan 6, 2018, 5:58 PM

It's a question of everything, and KB was part of the problem. He's a great guy, but by no means is a great, or even acceptable, QB for a major D-1 school. Plus, our Ol was pathetic. How did the coaching staff not see this coming?? Just asking. I don't make the millions.

Jan 6, 2018, 8:56 PM

how many games did kb win ??????????????? Moron

He's a Carolina fan, the pulse says it all. If he is a

Jan 6, 2018, 9:05 PM

Clemson fan, then he needs to pick another team.

Given Clemson's recent unfortunate history, my answer would be yes. And it will be a disaster. Loyalty doesn't cut it at this level, but I doubt that our staff will get that. I hope that I'm wrong, but fear that I'm not. Don't get me wrong, I admire KB, and his courage. But, I also realize that he is very limited as a QB, It would it serve him well to be moved to another position. Given his size,that would enhance his possibilities of playing at the next level. At Qb, NO!

You're special.

Jan 6, 2018, 5:42 PM

And I don't mean that in a good way, coot.

Re: You're special.

Jan 6, 2018, 6:00 PM

You are ignorant. And, I mean that in special way. Tiger fan!!

Let me guess

Jan 6, 2018, 6:03 PM

You wear clothing that says "c0cks" on it, don't you? Just give it up already numbskull.

this looks

Jan 6, 2018, 6:10 PM [ in reply to You're special. ]

familiar .

You’re special...

Jan 6, 2018, 10:30 PM

And I don't mean that in a good way, coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Dabo won't just hand over the QB starting job to KB

or any other QB. They have to earn it. Everybody seems to be forgetting how our RB depth chart changed from week 1. It went from CJ, Feaster, Choice, Etienne, to Feaster, Etienne, Choice, CJ by week 6. Dabo just needs to be confident that the player knows his position assignments first, with that being equal, the most talented player on the depth chart will start.

Re: Dabo won't just hand over the QB starting job to KB

Jan 6, 2018, 7:11 PM

Could that be because we don't have anyone who is really outstanding?>

Who is after Bentley?***

Jan 6, 2018, 9:00 PM

Re: Dabo won't just hand over the QB starting job to KB

Jan 6, 2018, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo won't just hand over the QB starting job to KB ]

We have cooper, Brice, Johnson and now Lawrence

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 6, 2018, 5:43 PM

I find it hard to believe the coaches have already penned in Kelly's name as our starting QB next fall. He is our returning starter but before our first game next fall, he will have to prove he is better than any other QB on the roster. The potential at our QB position is probably the envy of the coaching staffs at most D1 schools.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who else would they "pencil in" right now?

Jan 6, 2018, 5:47 PM

At least it's in pencil.

Sorry, you said "penned", didn't you?

Jan 6, 2018, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Agree or disagree? Dabo will go with KB next year ]

I don't think a single player is written in pen. Thats not Dabo's way.

Jan 6, 2018, 6:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Agree or disagree? Dabo will go with KB next year ]

I hope that you are right. Then it will be Lawrence, who will perhaps lead us to a N.C.

Jan 6, 2018, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Agree or disagree? Dabo will go with KB next year ]

Totally agree with you. How can we imagine that KB is our QB?? He is so--oooo limited. The guy we have coning ( tomorrow) is a proven world-beater, and will prove that in Spring Camp. Hey guys,
he'll be on campus today!! The future of our football program! Uhrahh!!

Jan 6, 2018, 5:48 PM

I should've added my personal opinion on the matter. I don't think Dabo had a realistic option this season. I'm not one who thinks HJ could've done any better this year. He just wasn't ready. Next year may be a different story. I hope Dabo will start who he thinks gives us the BEST chance at victory every game, but I have my doubts. I hope it doesn't take us losing a game with KB playing poorly for Dabo to make a decision.

Message was edited by: orangecoloredglasses®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2018, 6:05 PM

I share y our concerns.

Jan 6, 2018, 6:08 PM

I don't know, ask him.

He will weigh his options. The best will start.****

Jan 6, 2018, 5:48 PM

Jan 6, 2018, 6:00 PM

If Stoudt started over Watson, Bryant is starting over Lawerence.

Wrong. 100% wrong. At least from a logic

Jan 6, 2018, 6:05 PM

standpoint.

One does NOT equal the other.

It was more nuanced than that.

Jan 6, 2018, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Agree or disagree? Dabo will go with KB next year ]

Also, did Stoudt start over Watson all year?

Jan 6, 2018, 6:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Agree or disagree? Dabo will go with KB next year ]

Lawrence isn’t here yet.... and we have others that will most likely knows w the system better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Jan 6, 2018, 6:10 PM

Whomever he starts, I'll be pulling for him with every ounce of orange blood in me. KB got us to the CFP. I think too many people are forgetting that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KB didn't cost us the Bama game.

Jan 6, 2018, 6:23 PM

That being said, TL will have a year to get ready for the playoffs. KB had what, 3?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KB didn't cost us the Bama game.

Jan 6, 2018, 7:00 PM

One. He rarely saw the field the last two. I mean, it was Deshaun Watson after all.

Re: KB didn't cost us the Bama game.

Jan 6, 2018, 9:03 PM

I think they meant he practiced and watched Deshaun for 3 years. He would have learned something from that experience. He also practice with Deshaun. 1-2 team practiced together

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 6, 2018, 6:41 PM

He won in spite of KB.

Jan 6, 2018, 6:44 PM

But wait a minute,

Didn't we lose this NC. playoff in an embarrassing fashion? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Jan 6, 2018, 7:01 PM

What's embarrassing is the lack of football knowledge from about half this thread.

Jan 6, 2018, 7:04 PM

Just one more thing to say...... 34-10 and will be worse next year. Coots will never win the $ec east, y'all might as well shut down your program. You're just fodder for Georgia and the west division.

Consider yourself "corrected" ... and also clueless to boot.

Jan 6, 2018, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Agree or disagree? Dabo will go with KB next year ]

That didn't even take a minute.

HTH

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think KB will need to regress a lot for Dabo to demote him

Jan 6, 2018, 6:50 PM

I am 100% confident that Dabo will go with the QB he feels gives us the best chance to win. The problem is that I'm not sure Dabo can be objective when it comes to evaluating his QBs. I get it, KB is a good QB, he has been in the program for three years, he led us to an ACC championship and #1 ranking in the playoff. He has accomplished a lot and is a very good player, not to mention a great person. If Lawrence or Johnson light it up in practice, they will probably need to be notably better than KB in order to be named the starter, because Dabo values the experience factor a great deal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jan 6, 2018, 7:58 PM

Does not matter who QB is if the OL does not BLOCK!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes

Jan 6, 2018, 7:59 PM

and No.

Jan 6, 2018, 8:28 PM

It is the job to coach up athletes. If Clemson can not do that shame on the coaches. When you have the best in the nation coming in you get them ready We have hit the ceiling with KB. He is a below average QB and will never be any better. We have an offense that will not get better with him. When you cannot pass they will figure us out and they now have.

KB won 12 games as a first year starter ... not sure

Jan 6, 2018, 8:47 PM

... not sure how you can say he's a "below average QB"or that he has "hit his ceiling" just because he had a problem against Alabama's defense.

Seems like Alabama gives problems to lots of QBs.

I'll take a 12-win QB who gets us in the CFP every single year.

Our fan base has developed short memories and big heads the last couple of years.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2018, 8:53 PM

FWIW:

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/453

Jan 6, 2018, 8:55 PM

FWIW:

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/453

Dabo will go with QB numero uno.***

Jan 6, 2018, 9:03 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m almost certain that may be a definite possibility

Jan 6, 2018, 9:07 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree. I do not see KB has the talent to compete with

Jan 6, 2018, 9:17 PM

Hunter Johnson or Trevor Lawrence over the course of 2018 season. It's about versatility. KB won the job this year based upon his seniority and knowledge of playbook, and he played to the best of his ability. Based on the team's 2017 talent level, it was good enough to get Clemson into the playoffs. The other higher rated QB's Dabo has recruited can deliver the vertical pass, and in HJ's case, he has better 40 speed than KB.

IMHO Dabo will play the best QB, which means by mid-year 2018, KB will be at best splitting snaps.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. He’ll start game 1 and probably @ A&M

Jan 6, 2018, 10:09 PM

But I think we’ll see a better roatation between KB and TL.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 64
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic