Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Honestly though 5
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,314

Honestly though 5

Dec 8, 2020, 1:52 PM

games and you need 6 to be considered for this year’s conferences title game was understandable. But having them ranked 4th in the CFP is ridiculous. If this season doesn’t show the obvious biases I don’t know what will. $$$$$$$. I’m not naive obviously money makes the world go around but I think the TV ratings would be just as good seeing these “Cinderella’s” get in. Cincinnati would give the top 3 fits and could possibly pull an upset, you never know.

Like letting ND join a conference to save there season, the cfp committee should have expanded this year’s playoff eligible teams to 8. One year only. 2020 is full of dysfunction why not? At worst it would be entertaining.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree except for the 8 teams part

Dec 8, 2020, 1:55 PM

There are actually FEWER elite teams this year, not more. I dont want to watch a bunch of crap teams that would otherwise be in the Belk Bowl try to claim a Natty.

Re: Agree except for the 8 teams part

Dec 8, 2020, 2:01 PM

Yeah, so you’re not gonna watch any bowl games other than the semifinals and the title game? Sure. Cincinnati is undefeated, UF is really good, Texas A&M is good, ND is good, Clemson is good, Alabama is good, then throw in Ohio St., BYU had balls and took that Coastal Carolina game on short notice. Just saying lots of people would have found this to be really fun.

Dec 8, 2020, 2:09 PM

Yes, Ill watch them play in the bowls they belong in. You could convince me there are maybe 5 or 6 teams that are all about the same level this year. Not more than that. This notion of oh lets put coastal and byu and Cincinnati in there is laughable. A&M already got destroyed by Bama. Florida is about to suffer the same fate.

Dec 8, 2020, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Agree except for the 8 teams part ]

The argument is expanding to 8 teams will potentially increase the number of competitive teams through recruiting. If players know they have a chance of making the playoffs at a non traditional playoff school, they will be more apt to commit.
Seems to work okay for basketball although they only need 5 good players for a chance.

Dec 8, 2020, 2:42 PM

Umm wouldn’t it put 4 SEC teams in with an 8 team playoff? No thanks

Re: Honestly though 5

Dec 8, 2020, 2:39 PM

I think eight games should be the absolute minimum to be considered for the CFP. As for Cinderellas in the playoff, I don't think they should make it unless they have a marquee win. For example, had Liberty played and knocked off a Georgia or OH ST this year, and they had no losses, then I would be on board with them making it. As for expanding the playoff, I prefer sticking with 4 teams. I think the committee has done a good job of pairing teams to create entertaining non-playoff bowl games.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,314
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic