Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Latest on Deshaun Watson's injury
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Latest on Deshaun Watson's injury

Oct 11, 2014, 7:55 PM

Clemson freshman quarterback Deshaun Watson will miss an estimated five weeks and have surgery on Monday according to sources close with Watson.

Swinney said during ESPN's halftime interview that Watson broke his right index finger and pointed to an area above his thumb.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Latest on Deshaun Watson's injury

Oct 11, 2014, 7:58 PM

I hate it for him and the team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree, and...

Oct 11, 2014, 8:11 PM

more than likely, we won't see him again until the bowl...."if" we make a bowl :)

That's a huge blow, but Watson WAS our offense.

### are you smoking?*******

Oct 11, 2014, 8:15 PM

Re: Agree, and...

Oct 11, 2014, 8:42 PM [ in reply to Agree, and... ]

brett favre says man up. Played the whole season with a broken finger

Come on man you're better than this. You can count to 5

Oct 12, 2014, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Agree, and... ]

He will be ready for georgia tech but I could see them holding him out possibly but he will be on the field for the coots and you know they're dreading that.

Oct 11, 2014, 8:06 PM

Get well soon!

Oct 11, 2014, 8:12 PM

get well Deshaun!!

COLE - just keep working and polish it up before next week... We need ya, you can do it!!!!

Yep..we should survive (GT will be a doozy) until Coots come

Oct 11, 2014, 8:14 PM

crowing. GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

coots

Oct 11, 2014, 8:15 PM

He should be back before the Carolina game!

We already played, and beat, UNCheat.***

Oct 11, 2014, 8:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

2 broken bones in 7 months....

Oct 11, 2014, 9:10 PM

this is not a durable young man. Excellent young man and football player but fearful we see out backup a good bit while he is here. I hope not but he has been hurt a good bit.

Re: 2 broken bones in 7 months....

Oct 11, 2014, 9:17 PM

LOL. If you're gonna troll, at least try to use some grammar and punctuation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do coots have a clue? Definately no book smarts.***

Oct 11, 2014, 9:55 PM

Makes me appreciate Boyd more

Oct 11, 2014, 9:43 PM [ in reply to 2 broken bones in 7 months.... ]

Boyd got beat up a lot but avoided major injuries. I hope Watson is not one of those players just prone to injuries to no fault of his own.

I know we need to have a mobile backup QB. Stoudt is not the right guy for our offense.

However, I do believe Stoudt could take the ball from under center and score or get the 1st down with inches to go. We have to stop running shotgun in these situations and Stoudt needs to learn to throw the ball away as a 5th year senior should understand clock management.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2 broken bones in 7 months....

Oct 12, 2014, 4:32 AM [ in reply to 2 broken bones in 7 months.... ]

So lets run him 15 times a game, makes sense

Oct 12, 2014, 8:55 AM [ in reply to We already played, and beat, UNCheat.*** ]

I broke my index finger in 1988 , as a result of bad skateboarding technique. I remember that it took at least a month to heal past the point of pain, and another month to feel normal again (as far as range of motion ).
Hope they are right about the 4 weeks thing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Too many QB runs ... didnt like it with Tajh

Oct 11, 2014, 9:25 PM

especially don't like it with Watson.

P.S. Choice is our best RB ... any couch potato can see that. Gallman goes down with first contact.

Re: Too many QB runs ... didnt like it with Tajh

Oct 11, 2014, 9:50 PM

You do know he hurt it throwing the ball right?

I hope you taped the game ... you've got some review work

Oct 11, 2014, 10:07 PM

to do tonight so that you can provide accurate information.

Watson was injured on a run play when he was tackled near the sideline.

Re: Too many QB runs ... didnt like it with Tajh

Oct 12, 2014, 2:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Too many QB runs ... didnt like it with Tajh ]

Um, no he hurt it on the play before where he stiff armed a guy and went to the ground.

Nope, hurt it getting tackled while stiff arming on the play

Oct 12, 2014, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Too many QB runs ... didnt like it with Tajh ]

before that.

Can't imagine 5-6 weeks on a broken finger?!?!?

Oct 11, 2014, 9:28 PM

Must be a compound fracture sticking out of skin. I know it's his throwing hand & the long term healing process must be taken into account, but gee whiz. I've played many a baseball & basketball game with broken fingers and some athletic tape did just fine for an hour or so.

Re: Can't imagine 5-6 weeks on a broken finger?!?!?

Oct 11, 2014, 9:30 PM

Being reported by other news outlets

3 weeks and NO SURGERY.

Said he would be playing if he was on the line this upcoming week.

Source?***

Oct 11, 2014, 9:52 PM

Don't compare baseball and basketball with football. Not

Oct 11, 2014, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Can't imagine 5-6 weeks on a broken finger?!?!? ]

even close as far as contact.

You don't want the guy who touches the ball every play

Oct 11, 2014, 10:01 PM [ in reply to Can't imagine 5-6 weeks on a broken finger?!?!? ]

To have any problems gripping the ball. Turnovers kill.

Walk it off "coach". ******

Oct 11, 2014, 10:10 PM [ in reply to Can't imagine 5-6 weeks on a broken finger?!?!? ]

Oct 12, 2014, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Can't imagine 5-6 weeks on a broken finger?!?!? ]

remember it is his passing hand.

Oct 14, 2014, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Can't imagine 5-6 weeks on a broken finger?!?!? ]

You coached when you were 15 yrs old??? How did you play if you were coaching???

Oh in the backyard LMAO

If Morris is worth what we're paying him...

Oct 12, 2014, 12:11 AM

...he will have 5th yr senior Cole Stoudt ready to run an efficient attack against BC next week. I think our overall team talent will win out in the end, as it did against Louisville, but it will be a close game. It never seems to come easy against BC, especially in their house. Go Tigers, and get well Deshaun!

Re: If Morris is worth what we're paying him...

Oct 12, 2014, 12:36 AM

Cole is a 4th year senior and has no clue that he can't run. He also had no clue that we did not have a timeout at the end of the first half. Morris is not worth anywhere near what we pay him. His scripted plays to start a game are usually pretty good, but when he has to think on the fly, his play calling is horrid. This is why we usually have an offensive lull in the second quarter.

time management

Oct 12, 2014, 1:31 AM

Yes, Stoudt should have been aware of the clock at the end of the first half, but the coaches should have made ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN he and the rest of the players on the field were aware. Dabo was pissed as he was leaving the field at halftime, but I hope some of his anger was directed at himself and the other coaches. That was just poor, poor, poor and the part of several people.

Re: time management

Oct 12, 2014, 4:08 AM

That is a play designed to throw the ball away if no one is open, (which Williams was) there by leaving yourself time to kick a FG even if you have no time out's. Never should have run.

Oct 12, 2014, 4:34 AM [ in reply to time management ]

Maybe they should've played his "happy video" instead of his halftime interview

Oct 12, 2014, 7:51 AM

It was bound to happen. Thanks Morris.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Morris is worth what we're paying him...

Oct 12, 2014, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: If Morris is worth what we're paying him... ]

one - cole is a fifth year senior. plus he didn't practice all last week due to bum left arm. Yes he should have known about the clock, but was in heat of battle.
Also, L'ville made Watson look like a true freshman this week...

Found the cole stoudt pumper

Oct 12, 2014, 4:03 PM

We know you love cole stoudt and want him to be the starter but there were no plays called for watson other than runs occasional screens and a deep ball that was dropped that would have been an 80 yard touchdown and a pick was thrown when germone hopper was both out of position for one then didn't even attempt to come back to the quarterback and by the time the ball was thrown he was still standing flat footed watching and there wasn't a chance to make it to the ball. Watson was in for what 6 plays? Maybe 9? And you say he looked like a freshman? Then what did cole look like? The water boy? I understand he didn't practice all week and got thrown in during the heat of the moment so I wouldn't expect him to be spectacular but even with a week out of practice he's a 5th year senior and should have had 5 picks one being a pick six, all we have with cole stoudt is running up the middle or throwing screens to the outside, that's it, if he throws to the middle of the field 9/10 times it's going to be picked. Don't criticize one player that actually was injured that game only to sit there and blindly defend another that's a 5th year senior and looked worse than any freshman clemson has fielded. Cole stoudt will get better (I hope) but he had an awful game no matter what excuses you bring up.

Re: Found the cole stoudt pumper

Oct 12, 2014, 5:39 PM

Just to clarify. Cole is a fourth year senior. He was never redshirted. As a matter of fact, it was one Cole Stoudt that came in during the Boston College game in the 3rd quarter when then-sophmore Tajh Boyd left the game with an injury.

Secondly, I blame Cole for the final 12 seconds of the first half. If I am not mistaken that play design looked like a roll out QB run/throw option in which neither was there so he should have thrown away. Instead he tried to make something out of nothing; something he wasn't great at last year. And my guess is he assumed he would have time to get up, line up and spike the ball.

Finally, Deshaun is a dynamic player who will be back. My hope is he will take this time to become better aquaintant with the playbook. As for Cole, he will have more time with the first team and will have a breakout game against BC. In the meantime, we should really focus more on backups on the O-line and creating holes for our backs to run through. And if Dabo and Chad are watching, third and short we need Choice at QB, Fleming and Gallman with him in the backfield with Seck, Leggett, and McCollough as TE. The options would be limitless....

Stoudt never redshirted, he was Tajh's backup his true...

Oct 12, 2014, 10:34 AM [ in reply to If Morris is worth what we're paying him... ]

freshman season. Keep up with the facts. He is a 4th year senior.

surgery

Oct 12, 2014, 10:16 AM

NBC Sports is reporting (as of 10:00 Sunday morning) that DW will have surgery tomorrow and will be out five weeks.

Link?***

Oct 12, 2014, 10:37 AM

Re: surgery

Oct 12, 2014, 10:50 AM [ in reply to surgery ]

That was the initial reports on T-net last night. Coach came back with the 3-4 week estimate in the presser.

If you watch the replay of the game.

Oct 12, 2014, 12:57 PM

After Watson is x-rayed he comes an sits in a chair. Someone walks up and asked him where was the break. He was holding a towel and pointed to the bone behind the big knuckle. I guess that is an extension of the finger in the hand. I know that would hurt but it's not going to effect gripping the ball as much.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well let's get him in on the line then..

Oct 12, 2014, 2:12 PM

Just kidding but the kid changes the team when he's on the field.

Re: Well let's get him in on the line then..

Oct 12, 2014, 2:13 PM

THANKS CHAD.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic