Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Clemson beats ND in the rematch by 2+ scores does ND
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,087

If Clemson beats ND in the rematch by 2+ scores does ND

Nov 9, 2020, 9:49 AM

Still make the playoffs? Going to come down to TEXAS A&M if they only lose to Bama and ND in my opinion. Ohio State clearly isn't losing in that trash conference. Bama shouldn't lose. UF I guess would have an argument for the 4th spot with a close game against Bama. Shaping up to be one of the more controversial since playoffs started. Cincy? Nahhhhhhh.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Clemson beats ND in the rematch by 2+ scores does ND

Nov 9, 2020, 10:28 AM

If your scenario plays out in other conferences as well as with a Clemson and ND rematch then ND has the best argument of any possible team.

ND will have a win against a playoff team.

A&M & Florida's best wins on the season will be against 2 loss teams (assuming Florida loses to Bama to get their 2nd loss)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree

Nov 9, 2020, 10:35 AM

If Clemson can win the rematch, the most likely scenario right now would be:

1. Bama
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. ND

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree

Nov 9, 2020, 10:42 AM

Where it would get really wonky is if... Florida beats Alabama. You would have three 1 loss SEC teams.

If we win the rematch, I don't think ND get the nod.... unless it was a 2 overtime item. But if we have a healthy TL and ok D, we win 21 plus

Re: If Clemson beats ND in the rematch by 2+ scores does ND

Nov 9, 2020, 10:39 AM

I doubt it. The may take a 1 loss earlier in the season than one late.

The CFP allows for absolute beatdowns early in the year (without a major issue) more so than close losses late in the season. See OSU's 14 point home loss to a .500 VT team in 2014 getting the nod over a 3 point, last second road loss of TCU (vs Baylor). Of course, you also have 2017 Alabama....

The good news for us is that the CFP weighs the conference win more so - see 2018 Oklahoma

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,087
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic