Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After watching fsu - nd and uga run thru
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,929

After watching fsu - nd and uga run thru

Oct 19, 2014, 8:41 AM

I think it is simple- we have THE best team in the country when healthy and fully loaded. We went to FSU and wiped the floor with them. Watson did not play much at UGA. We will be top 10 once again by seasons end.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When healthy I think we're Top 15. Don't forget Winston

Oct 19, 2014, 9:42 AM

didn't play against us. Could've been a totally different game.

Defensively we are as good as any team

Oct 19, 2014, 9:49 AM

And so we could have a chance to beat anyone.

But with Cole at qb we are not a vrry good offense. DW makes a world of difference. I do think with him healthy we could beat any team
But without him, every game is a struggle

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Defensively we are as good as any team

Oct 19, 2014, 9:59 AM

I don't think Winston was going to play on either line for FSU which we physically abused all night. Hard to play QB when you get no blocking up front and no wr separation from defensive backs.

Also, we started our 3rd string QB and came in relief with a true freshman.

not by beating Wake, Syracuse, Tech, Ga St

Oct 19, 2014, 10:01 AM

and unranked Coots. No chances to beat a quality team. What is the quality win thus far? Louisville?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Re: not by beating Wake, Syracuse, Tech, Ga St

Oct 19, 2014, 10:05 AM

If we beat these teams solidly we will move up- that's the way it works. The teams ahead of us lose and we have to go higher. Watch today's votes and a lot of Top 20 teams will drop.

move up? yes. But top ten? no

Oct 19, 2014, 10:08 AM

The rest of the schedule is disastrous. Played two, lost two. If by some miracle Coots win out until the Valley maybe, but I don't see that happening

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Re: After watching fsu - nd and uga run thru

Oct 19, 2014, 10:01 AM

So your logic is that when DW is playing instead of Stoudt(the backup), the Tigers are the best team in the country. This is based on playing FSU to an overtime game when the Heisman trophy winner QB for FSU doesn't play and FSU uses their backup QB.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Yet when the Tiger's backup QB has to play, the Tigers struggle to beat every team and have to rely on their defense.

Makes perfect logic that when the Tiger's have to play their 2nd string QB, they struggle, yet when FSU has to play with their 2nd string QB, Clemson wiped the floor with them (yet still lost)

Oct 19, 2014, 10:06 AM

If you watched the game coot, you'd know...clemson left about a 20+ point win out there due to snaps, missed fg's, wide open misfires in end zone.

With our true freshman QB who came in relief of Stoudt.

I think fsu's QB had more experience. Jameis would not have fared much better.

Oct 19, 2014, 10:22 AM

"Jameis would not have fared much better"

Sure... Best player in the country who plays the most important position on the field.

Yet Clemson still lost.

With Clemson's best QB out with injuries, you see a huge difference in the offense. Please explain with logic (not Orange classes)why the QB position makes such a huge difference to one team, but not to another.

Oct 19, 2014, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Re: After watching fsu - nd and uga run thru ]

"Yet when the Tiger's backup QB has to play, the Tigers struggle to beat every team and have to rely on their defense."

Jealous? I bet you wish your team could "have to rely on their defense".

I'd rather struggle and win.. than struggle and lose.

Oct 19, 2014, 2:32 PM

Exactly. We dominated those 2 teams at tell e of scrimmage. Winston playing would not have made a bug difference.....He goes down when hit just like every other qb

Oct 19, 2014, 3:37 PM

Our D is special!!! I hope everyone recognizes that.
Crablegs would NOT have made that big of a difference.....I'm sorry, he's only a little above average compared to last year because of the excellent supporting cast he had last year. When you dominate the line of scrimmage, he would have very little ability or time to do much.
But we DID LOSE. And we can make all the excuses in the world: only ONE of those crazy, unfortunate 5-6 plays in the game go our way and we win. But they didn't. So we accept the loss.
The point here is that we -Clemson- should get just as much love from the pollsters for losing to FSU as ND is getting: we took them to OT (no one else can say that in 2+ years), we DOMINATED UNC (ND had to pull it out in the fourth Q), and as for the rest of our schedule, I'd say we have played a tougher one than ND has to this point.
But, we don't get any love.....

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,929
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic