Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After rewatching BC game, I think Joe Tessitore is a super informed announcer..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

After rewatching BC game, I think Joe Tessitore is a super informed announcer..

Nov 3, 2020, 12:30 AM

who knew & related lots of info about Clemson players, our history, the Rock, Death Valley, the cemetery, mentioning DJU’s Dad, etc..and used expressive words & pitch of emotion to capture a super play or TD.

And his “Bama QB” sidekick Greg? was complimentary towards ETN, Clemson program and mentioned & clearly explained things he saw going on with the play at hand..even contradicting a roughing the passer play on Clemson.

Saying, very astute announcers but not quite like our favorites of Herbie & Fowler who calls a dramatic TD play better than any, imho.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After rewatching BC game, I think Joe Tessitore is a super informed announcer..

Nov 3, 2020, 12:50 AM

Bill, you’re killin me. They were dreadful, biased jelly-rolls.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tessitore was fine. Whining needs to stop. It's just silly

Nov 3, 2020, 1:01 AM

However, I'm not a fan of McElroy. Has nothing to do with how he feels about Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tessitore was fine. Whining needs to stop. It's just silly

Nov 3, 2020, 1:10 AM

He lets his two games of NFL experience go to his head.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: After rewatching BC game, I think Joe Tessitore is a super informed announcer..

Nov 3, 2020, 4:14 AM

https://youtu.be/_asNhzXq72w

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2020, 4:34 AM

Hr couldn't even pronounce Mascolls name properly. A good announcer looks at the phonetic spelling in the media guides. Even listening to Coach Swinney actually speak you would get the proper way to say players names. And the constant reminders that get to watch Alabama that night......he is better in the sec network imo

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2020, 8:40 AM

The constant reminders? Lol. He said it ONCE.

Fake news at its finest.

Nov 3, 2020, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: After rewatching BC game, I think Joe Tessitore is a super informed announcer.. ]

I'd imagine the reminders to watch other games on their networks is directions from his company to do so, and not him deciding to do it for the heck of it. Much the same as when an announcer reads off a sponsored message.

Nov 3, 2020, 6:24 AM

I like Joe. I'm sure it was neat for him to call the game with his son playing. Side note, we should have been smart enough mot to take the bait on 4th down. Our coaches even gave us warning before the play. Looked like our linebackers were jumping and caused our DL to jump off sides. But we won and all is good.

Nov 3, 2020, 7:31 AM

w did silly stuff lik that all day. I hope we got that out of our system before ND

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2020, 9:16 AM

Here's the thing. If you were a bama alum announcing a CU game, you are pulling for the underdog. If your son is playing for the underdog (or either for that matter) you are pulling for your son. They were biased but I get it. We all would have been biased in that scenario. I'm just thankful our Tigers got to burst that bubble! No upset that day boys! Enjoy the flight home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2020, 9:19 AM

Now that Mowins is gone, Tessitore is the worst. He made McElroy tolerable.

And EVERY SINGLE Comment Started With #1 Clemson in Trouble

Nov 3, 2020, 9:21 AM

or some other backhanded slap

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And EVERY SINGLE Comment Started With #1 Clemson in Trouble

Nov 5, 2020, 8:09 AM

or some other backhanded slap

Exactly.

Nov 3, 2020, 9:35 AM

After halftime we muted the announcers and played hype songs like eye of tiger and anything else we could think of to avoid listening to them. I got tired of hearing every stat known to man about us losing. We couldnt take it anymore

tigerbandmello...

Nov 3, 2020, 10:11 AM

know that the author of this announcers post gave you your 1st post Point (called a TU) and that I’m 79.6 years old, a Clemson grad & Dad and have loved the Tiger Band since 1957 when I 1st heard them.

Go TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: tigerbandmello...

Nov 4, 2020, 7:17 PM

Thanks for the point! I graduated in 2017 and was in tiger band for 4 years, but I am a lifelong fan of the band as well. It was an easy decision for me once I got accepted. Go Tigers

Joe's been a class act in the commentator game for years now

Nov 4, 2020, 7:20 PM

One of my favorites beyond Fowler, Herbie, and Sean McDonough.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic