Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
About 54 years ago, I came home from church on Sunday night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

About 54 years ago, I came home from church on Sunday night

Dec 13, 2020, 11:03 AM

,and like I did almost every time, as I walked down the hall to my bedroom at the end,I would slip my heel out of my penny loafer, and kick off my right SHOE, send it sailing through the posts of my bed and yell,"Goooood!!!!". Except, this time, I was a little long, and wide right. It went right past the bed and through the window.....I wish I had that on video today!!!!

Elll....Esssss....Shoe!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: About 54 years ago, I came home from church on Sunday night

Dec 13, 2020, 11:06 AM

Ouch! Betcha didn’t do that again!

It was in February too I think....Dad had to cut a piece of

Dec 13, 2020, 11:17 AM

cardboard and tape it in the window pane hole until the next day. He wasn't mad though. No more so than when I was 5 years old and he had just painted the exterior of our house. He heard a commotion outside his window early, EARLY, Saturday morning...and then he said,"Spud,(Well, actually he said Bryan) is that you out on the porch?". I said, "Yessir". He said," Whatcha doin' ? ". I said,"Paintin' ". Boys, he was wide awake immediately. He jumped up and ran out on the front porch, saw me, and before he could say a word about my painting all over the brick, the concrete, windows,etc....I said,"I'm helpin' you paint. See what a good good job I'm doin' "......He said,"Yes I do...."...and went and got the paint thinner and some rags and started cleaning up my mess...You could still see evidence of my handiwork 30 years later when he sold that house...

Re: It was in February too I think....Dad had to cut a piece of

Dec 13, 2020, 11:20 AM

It’s nice to have a lasting legacy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 13, 2020, 11:50 AM

Supposedly my great grandfather would jump from the bedroom doorway to his side of the bed as a young man. The lights were off and he didnt realize great grandmother had rearranged the furniture that day. He landed on the dresser top instead of the bed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2020, 2:57 PM

A viral moment no doubt! Too bad all us oldsters were born too long ago to have our moments posted on tik tok.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic