Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC has the No.1 team in the land yet ACCN given the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

ACC has the No.1 team in the land yet ACCN given the

Oct 23, 2020, 1:54 PM

rare opportunity (rather than ESPN or ABC this week) to showcase them gives them a nooner. Yet they will show GT/BC @ 4 and UVA/Miami in Primetime. Go Figure.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC has the No.1 team in the land yet ACCN given the

Oct 23, 2020, 1:57 PM

Ask yourself how much of the Georgia Tech game did you watch ,and that might give you the answer. We are just too good, and we have no competition so they try to show games that are interesting to other fan bases.

Oct 23, 2020, 8:04 PM

I watched it all, but we are Tiger fans.??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The expected blowout score against a weak Syracuse........

Oct 23, 2020, 2:01 PM

team does not make for nationwide primetime TV. The networks look at how competitive/potentially exciting a matchup will be to determine who will play at the best times - it's all based on getting maximum viewership.

We LOVE seeing our Tigers pound the helll out of weaker teams but the rest of the country not so much.

But just wait to the Notre Dame game. NBC is already drooling over showing it during primetime - will get major ratings.

Re: The expected blowout score against a weak Syracuse........

Oct 23, 2020, 2:13 PM

NBC will have a caveat in the contract that we have to follow. It is the NBC motto, No Bashing Catholics!

Re: The expected blowout score against a weak Syracuse........

Oct 23, 2020, 4:08 PM [ in reply to The expected blowout score against a weak Syracuse........ ]

I get that but ACCN is not getting the exciting match up everyone wants to see. ESPN and ABC are getting first dibs. If it were me I'm putting the game involving the #1 team in that slot because you know the rest of the country and fanbases of other Top 5 teams are going to look in at some point to see what's going on with the team ahead of them. That's my line of thinking.

Oct 23, 2020, 4:14 PM

As long as the camera quality is good, I don’t care which channel they are on. Has to be better than the crew which did our ABC game in Atlanta last Saturday.

Plus, Wes Durham is a good pbp guy. I imagine he would be the primetime pbp guy except that he needs to get done early do he can travel to call the Falcons game on Sundays.

“It’s Third and Walhalla for the Cuse....”

Cannot Be Any Worse Than TechmoBowl Broadcast

Oct 23, 2020, 4:18 PM

in 8bit last week

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2020, 4:23 PM

And the ACCN games for us will continue until the entire Tiger nation loves the Spurtle as much as they do.

Dude, the line is 46.

Oct 23, 2020, 6:02 PM

Would you expect Clemson - Wofford to be a prime time game because that's essentially what this is. Clemson fans will watch this game, Cuse fans will about the first 30 min then turn it off, and nobody else will watch it at all.

Re: Dude, the line is 46.

Oct 23, 2020, 9:18 PM

Well in fairness, Cuse fans prbably want to go play that game with the stick and ball. Not sure what it is but they say its pretty fun.

Message was edited by: jarheadtiger®

Oct 23, 2020, 9:02 PM

See what you’re saying but everybody doesn’t have/subscribe for the ACCN. Not sure it is standard for sports packages.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic