Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC did Tiger fans and the city of Boston an
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,981

ACC did Tiger fans and the city of Boston an

Jan 26, 2016, 6:03 PM

Injustice by scheduling the game on a Friday. I think this is the best road trip every two years. It's great to fly up there on a Friday, go out that night, tour Boston on Saturday, go to the game that night, then fly home Sunday morning. Now I would think a lot of Clemson fans will fly out Saturday morning. Boston will lose a lot of revenue.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People have the whole day to explore now, It's just getting

Jan 26, 2016, 6:07 PM

to the game Friday that's an issue. People probably have to take off work Friday, which is always a positive in my book. I actually want to go more now that it's Friday Night to tell you the truth. There will still be plenty of people in Boston even if a lot of our fans don't go. Boston doesn't blink an eye at 5k people.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does it involve UNCheat?

Jan 26, 2016, 6:29 PM

Then the ACC doesn't care.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jeez, just take an extra day....

Jan 26, 2016, 7:01 PM

Beotching.....

or Fly up Thursday and do the same thing...then

Jan 26, 2016, 7:25 PM

leave Saturday or still on Sunday...

Actually, it is much better. Using the Friday-Sunday window

Jan 26, 2016, 7:29 PM

Saturday is always a wash depending on what time the game is in Chestnut Hill. The only start time that gives you your evening in Boston is a nooner...and that is hard to get to Chestnut Hill and do any kind of tailgating (since you can't tailgate and the bar/restaurant does not open). A 3:30 or night kick on a Saturday kills the entire day in Boston.

Now, you know game is on Friday night and you have all day and night open in Boston on Saturday.

And, if the Red Sox make the playoffs, they may host a game Saturday night that you could attend.

I think the Friday game in Boston is perfect (if we have to have a Friday game). Only wish is was during Red Sox regular season so we would be guaranteed a Red Sox game on Sat. night.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fly up Friday Morning.

Jan 26, 2016, 7:59 PM

Same amount of nights and actually more time to see the city. Since you are in a big city, you could even go out after the game on Friday.

To me, it is even a better trip.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: ACC did Tiger fans and the city of Boston an

Jan 26, 2016, 8:32 PM

Not a college football town but the best road game ever. Went to the first game up there and was stopped by a local who asked why everyone had on orange. I explained that Clemson was playing BC in football tomorrow and was asked if the game was in Boston or Clemson. Honest! Great pro sports town but other than hockey they are clueless on college sports.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,981
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic