Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC Scheduling Technicality that could keep the Tigers out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

ACC Scheduling Technicality that could keep the Tigers out

Aug 5, 2020, 12:06 PM

of the ACCCG?

You probably know the ACCCG this year takes the top 2 teams with no Divisions. What you might've missed is it's the 2 teams with the best conference winning percentage.

That's important if, as many expect, one or more games will have to be canceled for some teams. How could this affect Clemson?

Let's say the Tigers beat ND but drop a game to someone like VT on the road, then have to cancel another game due to COVID or maybe a hurricane or something and finish 8-1.

Then let's say ND finishes 9-1 and UNC (who Clemson doesn't play in the regular season) finishes 9-1 as well.

You've got 3 teams with 1-loss but UNC and ND have .900 winning percentage and Clemson only has .889. That would put ND and UNC in the ACCCG

You'd hope head-to-head would give Clemson the nod but the ACC press release just says the top 2 teams.

Obviously if we run the table it won't matter but we've never played 10 conference games before and, as we know from previous years, you can have the better team overall and still drop 1 game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is what it is....win your games and you're in.....***

Aug 5, 2020, 12:08 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is what it is....win your games and you're in.....***

Aug 5, 2020, 12:21 PM

Boy if they don't then we will never hear the end of it- I can hear it now- Clemson didn't make the playoff because their schedule was more difficult this year.

You have a great life going sir

Aug 5, 2020, 12:22 PM

If you are worried about a football game in the middle of December

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC Scheduling Technicality that could keep the Tigers out

Aug 5, 2020, 12:30 PM

One loss will likely put Clemson out of the playoff in any event this year.

Why do you think that? This season seems just as likely,

Aug 5, 2020, 2:34 PM

and quite possibly more likely, to produce 1-loss conference champs than any other year.

Aug 5, 2020, 12:44 PM

It might happen,it might not.Who knows Notre Dame could lose 2 games.

Aug 5, 2020, 1:00 PM

What you could have are three 10-0 teams. Clemson, North Carolina, and Louisville do not play each other.

It is going to stink badly enough if they have to break a tie between two (or three) one loss teams who did not play each other.

Aug 5, 2020, 2:31 PM

Clemson plays Louisville, don't we?

Not anymore. We dropped Louisville and NC St and added

Aug 5, 2020, 2:36 PM

VT, Pitt, and Miami

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Odds of that are like 1 in a million

Aug 5, 2020, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: ACC Scheduling Technicality that could keep the Tigers out ]

UNC and Louisville will probably combine for at least 5 conference losses.

Teams tied for 1st in the ACC should always be determined...

Aug 5, 2020, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Re: ACC Scheduling Technicality that could keep the Tigers out ]

alphabetically.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm hoping for cancellation of season at this point. This

Aug 5, 2020, 2:54 PM

season has the potential to ruin our recent run.
Already we have to win them all to kee the 10-win streak. The South Carolina streak will have to be continued next year. Having to play ND, VT and FSU on the road is not normal, or fair. Highly unlikey we get into the playoff. Most top players would probably really rather opt out at this point, not fans in the stand, no band on the field. There could be a stoppage and will surely be followed by opt outs. I never thought I'd say this, but time to cancel. I know that kills the revenue for everyone and lord only know what will happen to the ACC Network, which was an economic success. Its just getting to the point this year will not be fun, constantly listening to the talking heads bash schools for trying, the players bash schools for not doing it perfectly, uneven playing field, etc. It is already not only not fun, but a pain in the ### just to think about.

Re: I'm hoping for cancellation of season at this point. This

Aug 5, 2020, 8:57 PM

I would for us to cancel our season, screw the rest of the acc. How po'ed would Swoffie be if the acc's best team opted out of playing this year. Take back our extra year of probation. If ND wins it,so much the better. Clemson wasn't involved in ND winning. That's on the losers in our league. If ND and unc played for the ACCC, it would be the only time ever I would pull for ND.

Re: I'm hoping for cancellation of season at this point. This

Aug 5, 2020, 9:10 PM [ in reply to I'm hoping for cancellation of season at this point. This ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAAKPJEq1Ew

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you missed the final tie-breaker

Aug 5, 2020, 3:35 PM

That's when the CFP comes to Swoffie and says, "Hey, if it's Clemson then the ACC's gonna get an invite; if the conference champ is UNCheat, then probably not so much."

Final tie-breaker: $$$$$$$

We would still get a seed in the playoff.

Aug 5, 2020, 9:09 PM

ND would be left out for sure if they lost to us and we lost the opportunity to play all our games. Clemson has incredible credentials with the POC. We have history, two trophies and have four straight appearances in the POs.

We will make the playoffs come hail or high water.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic