Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC Championship Ticket Sales
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

ACC Championship Ticket Sales

Dec 1, 2016, 9:00 AM

Does anyone know how ticket sales are going? I haven't talked to many people going.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC Championship Ticket Sales

Dec 1, 2016, 9:04 AM

I heard tickets were going for $11. That should tell you something. Smart move moving the game ACC. You look brilliant. But reassured you are PC, so that is all that matters.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2016, 9:08 AM

Ticket & beer sales should be brisk as you can pee anywhere you want to in the stadium.

Dec 1, 2016, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: ACC Championship Ticket Sales ]

Yep. ACC could've had an easy full-house and sold-out game. Looks good on TV and even better at the bank. But hey, we don't want to offend a few dozen people who may or may not actually be offended. But most importantly, don't want to buck the tide and not conform to peer pressure.

I predict it's back in Charlotte next year, regardless of the status of HB2.

Stupid stupid stupid.

Dec 1, 2016, 9:12 AM

http://www.ncjustice.org/?q=18-questions-18-answers-real-facts-behind-house-bill-2

Please educate yourself before commenting on HB2.
I find it a bit ironic Charlotte of all places is getting the most punishment for a law they thoroughly opposed, but that's life.
That doesn't change that this law is terrible for any person, not just LGBT people, and was only passed through using the veil of perverts in bathrooms..

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2016, 9:35 AM

The point is not the validity or whatever of HB2, it's the decision to follow the crowd or try to make a point or whatever and move the game 9 or so hours away as a result. College football is a business. The ACC is a business. In business you undertake cost/benefit analysis when you are making decisions. Had they been able to move the game to Atlanta, for example, where the impact on the fan base (the customers of the business) is not that significant, that would be different. But they made the move not knowing where they'd be going. They also made the move relatively late in the game, so they had few practical options left.

If this bill is important to them then that's fine - I appreciate people taking a stand for what they believe is right or wrong, even if I disagree. But they're also a business that has hundreds of thousands of potential customers. A better move would have been to leave it in Charlotte this year and then undertake negotiations to relocate it in future years and forge a new long-term contract with that venue, which would also serve to get their political message across.

Like I mentioned in my post, I think the game will be back in Charlotte next year. The move was predicated on political expediency, not on principle, so they'll let this blow over and then get it back to Charlotte again next year and subsequent years. I could be wrong, but that's my hunch.

Dec 1, 2016, 9:49 AM

I'm pissed it moved too, i have friends that live 6 blocks from BoA stadium, but if you don't understand why they moved it that's on you.
It has nothing to do with LGBT people, it has to do with the fact HB2 took away constitutional rights from EVERY SINGLE PERSON in the state of North Carolina.
Would they have moved it if the NCAA hadn't moved their events? Probably not, so blame the NCAA leadership if you still want to complain to someone besides the NC state government.

wow that article seemed overtly one-sided

Dec 1, 2016, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: ACC Championship Ticket Sales ]

so there are absolutely zero merits to the HB2 law?

I have to admit I don’t know a ton about the situation. I know McCrory is generally a reasonable and genuine guy coming from a former Charlottean, as I grew up in Charlotte. The way he is now portrayed in the media is as an evil sinister, clueless individual which seems to go against what I’ve experienced. He was generally revered in Charlotte as a unifier of the right among a people of a mixed but mostly left district in Charlotte and most people on both sides approved of him. But because of this whole HB2 deal he’s painted in a totally reversed light which lends me to believe that he’s being strong-armed into performing for this knee jerk world we live in now. And McCrory doesn’t jump just b/c you said so.

I’m surprised the ACC decided to play this political game instead of letting the courts in NC figure it all out in due time and just let sports be sports and stay away from stupid politics. From what I understand there is/was a law on the books already he was told to strike it down b/c of pressure from a group that was protesting and he basically said it would need to go through the same process of changing laws as they have always done it. Which of course would require time and patience of all parties to review and re-vote. But the new way things are done now we have leaders who just wield their pen and strike down any law they don’t like as opposed going through the process of changing it that gives everyone a voice. The HB2 law had already been voted in by a body of legislators and McCrory apparently was going to respect their decision instead of taking a dictator’s stand and change it just b/c he could.

I understand the sentiment behind the detractors of the bill but the knee jerk way of changing law is a stupid way to do it and is not sustainable. We have processes in place to do that. Deal with it. There’s an old wise and true saying that I learned growing up “You can’t always get what you want when you want it.” Go through the long drawn out process just like everybody else and talk enough people into changing it and that will be fine. But respect the law and leave football out of it.

Re: wow that article seemed overtly one-sided

Dec 1, 2016, 9:56 AM

It certainly is a little one-sided. The problem with your argument is Charlotte went through the long drawn out process of making a law pretty much the complete opposite of HB2 before HB2 had even been conceived.
HB2 was the knee-jerk reaction law to counter Charlotte that now blankets the entire state.
The thing that upsets me the most about HB2 isn't even what it does to the people of NC (I don't live there) but that it prevented the local charlotte government from being able to put local policy in place best suited for their city. Instead the state government decided they want to tell everybody what to do. All on the backs of the 'bathroom boggyman'.

Pretty much a huge middle finger to local governments everywhere.

So basically McCrory thinks veto power is a bad thing

Dec 1, 2016, 10:19 AM [ in reply to wow that article seemed overtly one-sided ]

Even though it's an important part of our national system of checks and balances.

not necessarily, I think he understands that there is a

Dec 1, 2016, 10:52 AM

large divide on this issue and it needs to be further thought out before thousands of people in charlotte would just have to be good with it without their voices being heard. Pretty sure if you left it up to the city of charlotte popular vote that this would be shot down as well. Having a liberal city council run this through a vote on a thursday night is a bit disingenuous. Squeaky wheel gets the grease unfortunately way too often. Most people don't really care but i would venture to guess that for every person thats for it theres probably a person against it. So therefore it needs to be on a ballot and voted on as a group.

Thanks for posting

Dec 1, 2016, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Re: ACC Championship Ticket Sales ]

I doubt many here on T-net will red through 18.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2016, 9:39 AM

Stadium will end half empty. Acc leadership is filled with idiots. Making donors travel across the country for 3 games.

They should have moved to Home Field of best ranked team

Dec 1, 2016, 9:51 AM

It would have been a no-brainer..

I have my 4 tickets and will be there

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic