Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A year of sports for TV only
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 970

A year of sports for TV only

Apr 1, 2020, 8:13 AM

The NCAA, all college ADs and coaches should be making plans to try to play sports SAFELY for the next year.

Protocols, based on medical expertise, could be established to keep players and staffs as safe as humanly possible.

Athlete participation could be voluntary with a legal waiver signed by the athlete's and their families if they wanted to participate. Their choice would have no impact on their scholarships.

Locker rooms and equipment could be sanitized to medical standards.

Perhaps this is too soon to be contemplating this, but something like what i am describing is far more possible than adding tens of thousands of fans packed into stadiums to the mix.

We should start planning for it now, to see if it could be done and done safely.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A year of sports for TV only

Apr 1, 2020, 9:59 AM

Even with as much as I want to be able to watch Clemson playing again I really don't see it happening this year. We can sterilize the locker rooms and the equipment all we want but there is no way that we can protect the players while playing the game. The guys will be all over each other breathing, sweating, and bleeding on each other. It's just not possible to protect the players and for that reason they will cancel the season when the first new infection of players starts happening. If this is seasonal then it will come back and unless we have a vaccine or some new medical treatment available then there will be no sports, no concerts, and no large gatherings of any kind allowed until those things are available and that by best guesstimates right now is Summer 2021.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2020, 7:18 AM

We could test them all for the virus leading up to each game. Positives could not play.

Apr 1, 2020, 1:26 PM

be prepared

https://www.3mscott.com/

Replies: 3
| visibility 970
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic