Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A very big story going under the radar at K State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 70
| visibility 1

A very big story going under the radar at K State

Jun 29, 2020, 3:21 PM

One students terrible tweet has led to all the sports teams saying they aren’t playing until he is kicked out of school. The tweet was bad but if the entire football team says they aren’t going to play because of a tweet this is a bad road we are going down.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A very big story going under the radar at K State

Jun 29, 2020, 3:25 PM

I am sure there are 85 kids out there that would love to have a free education. Take their scholarships, make them understand they aren't in control and tell them either pay their way or leave.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2020, 3:28 PM

Just wait til they start demanding the person who hurt their little feelings be killed. Thats the next step since they currently get whatever they want and have already proven to never be satisfied. Can yo imagine whining to anyone in authority over a tweet you didn't like? Talk about a bunch of snowflakes.

Hmmmm

Jun 29, 2020, 3:49 PM

You guys in this site better hope none of our players read your comments, they might strike too!
There are some pretty hateful condescending comments by some southern men here.

Hmmmmmmm

Jun 29, 2020, 3:53 PM

Enjoy your brave new world... that is until "they" decide what you say is now offensive

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Re: Hmmmmmmm

Jun 29, 2020, 4:05 PM

TIGERFANN said:

Enjoy your brave new world... that is until "they" decide what you say is now offensive

Listen to you! Why do you think I have a pulse of 42%, it's because if I say Trump is doing a horrible job then I get attack by a bunch of right wing idiots on here.

Jun 29, 2020, 4:06 PM

I think the "They" you are talking about is you.

Jun 29, 2020, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Hmmmmmmm ]

It's because you are a #######.

HTH.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2020, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Hmmmmmmm ]

Another assumption by you Digimini, how do you know they are southern?

Cause, stereotypes.***

Jun 29, 2020, 4:20 PM

stereotypes=racist. dude is definitely a racist***

Jun 29, 2020, 4:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So many gender assumptions in this thread. Problematic.***

Jun 29, 2020, 9:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 29, 2020, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Hmmmmmmm ]

Because he is a racist........Go Tigers!!!!

dude, you have won the award

Jun 29, 2020, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Hmmmmmmm ]

for the biggest ######## on this site. and thats hard to do

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't think that's why you're at 42%***

Jun 29, 2020, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Hmmmmmmm ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He’s not at 42%

Jun 29, 2020, 5:35 PM

The loser is at 40% and falling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

P&R Board ======>>>***

Jun 29, 2020, 5:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Hmmmmmmm ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: P&R Board ======>>>***

Jun 29, 2020, 5:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's Deplorable***

Jun 29, 2020, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Hmmmmmmm ]

Jun 29, 2020, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Hmmmmmmm ]

thats it Im not watching football this year until you you/re expelled from tigernet lol

Re: Hmmmm

Jun 29, 2020, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Hmmmm ]

You are a weak and fragile human being.......you better go take your medicine .....or better yet go get some sunshine......It could clear your head because you need all the help you can get.....feel sorry for you ......Go Tigers!!!!

lol... i aint skeert***

Jun 29, 2020, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Hmmmm ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

the way it looks right now, the snowflakes are taking on

Jun 29, 2020, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Re: A very big story going under the radar at K State ]

leadership roles and heavily make up a large portion of our college kids. Hard work and stick-to-it-iveness has been thrown out the window. Now its all about who whines the loudest and can make the most noise as a twitter troll. The hard work and keep your head down spawned out of the Great Depression. You didn't have a choice to whine to anyone. Now we've been so far removed from that era and the last remaining folks out of that crowd are/have moved on from this world. Now we're left with the "i deserve" crowd. Which will lead us to ruin, i'm afraid

We will end up with a Committee of Public Safety

Jun 29, 2020, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Re: A very big story going under the radar at K State ]

At the rate we're going. Who gets to play Robespierre?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2020, 3:29 PM

The guy that tweeted is really horrible, He looks like Hitler Youth, an extreme right winger.

This one is really horrible too.

Jun 29, 2020, 3:34 PM

But that's just my opinion. Seems like she's receiving praise and job security.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: This one is really horrible too.

Jun 29, 2020, 2:40 PM

Is that a guy?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jun 29, 2020, 4:12 PM [ in reply to This one is really horrible too. ]

The guy is conservative Kansas State student and founder of the campus's "America First Students" organization, Jaden McNeil.
So that says everything right there! A racist white national conservative. There is no point protecting this guy.

You did read he claimed to create the group but

Jun 29, 2020, 4:25 PM

The university said it wasn’t recognized due to lack of members? Reading comprehension issues or willful ignorance?

Jun 29, 2020, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: This one is really horrible too. ]

Digimini, YOU are A MARXIST Pigeon who is Ignorant of the ideas you espouse! Perhaps a little “Field Trip” to Venezuela will enlighten you.

Is the tweet in question that kid's attempt at humor

Jun 29, 2020, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Re: This one is really horrible too. ]

where he "congratulates George Floyd?"

Ok, horrible thing to say. Even worse attempt at comedy, but kick him out of school?? One of my roommates brothers made a Drano bomb and set it off in the Lightsey* Bridge Apartments parking lot and didn't even get kicked out of school. This kid should get university sponsored diversity training and issue a public apology. Learning moment.

*Does anyone know who this Lightsey fella was? Has he cleared the 2020 racism check?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is the tweet in question that kid's attempt at humor

Jun 29, 2020, 6:18 PM

Hey I was that kid’s neighbor. He lived on one of the lower floors of my building. It was Lightsey II apartments. I always thought he was kicked out of school. The idiot did that like a month after 9/11. Not smart.

Jun 29, 2020, 6:19 PM

It also wasn’t in the parking lot. It was between two apartment buildings.

Jun 29, 2020, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Is the tweet in question that kid's attempt at humor ]

that punishment is too strong

Jun 29, 2020, 6:25 PM

only if football player is benched and does thw same

I took it as bad joke in poor taste, but I hope he gets

Jun 29, 2020, 7:04 PM [ in reply to Is the tweet in question that kid's attempt at humor ]

kicked out and then sues KSU broke and they have to shutter the place and send all the snowflakes home.

with that forehead, got to be some Bentley relative!***

Jun 29, 2020, 4:28 PM [ in reply to This one is really horrible too. ]

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Jun 29, 2020, 4:55 PM [ in reply to This one is really horrible too. ]

Yep. When a left wing kook tweets out something offensive they get a lifetime of tenure as a reward. But if you do the same you get fired, and personally destroyed for the rest of your life. Don't forget to vote in November because if Democrats win we will all become their slaves. It'll be either convert or disappear forever. Its a stark choice.

So your argument against the guy who made the tweet

Jun 29, 2020, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Re: A very big story going under the radar at K State ]

is based on how he LOOKS?

You do realize that argumentum ad hominem is usually the last desperate attempt before officially losing a debate?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2020, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Re: A very big story going under the radar at K State ]

The biggest whiners are those hanging on to these racists believes for the last 350 years, who will not understand the times are a changing and to reflect on the past hatred and white supremacy that is at the core of this countries history.

K-State is between a rock and a hard place...

Jun 29, 2020, 3:38 PM

if they don't expel him, the players won't play, but if they do expel him he will have an extremely winnable lawsuit.

He made a tasteless joke. That should never become an offense which can get you expelled from a public university.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: K-State is between a rock and a hard place...

Jun 29, 2020, 3:46 PM

Sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me That’s unless you’re a modern day football player. I have no idea what the student tweeted. I assume it’s awful. But good grief people grow a set.

Jun 29, 2020, 4:14 PM

He is a right wing agitator. A white nationalist and associated with America First.
I

Jun 29, 2020, 4:26 PM

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it! Evelyn Beatrice Hall.
"Now about injunctions. We have an injunction and we’re going into court tomorrow morning to fight this illegal, unconstitutional injunction. All we say to America is to be true to what you said on paper. If I lived in China or even Russia, or any totalitarian country, maybe I could understand some of these illegal injunctions. Maybe I could understand the denial of certain basic First Amendment privileges, because they haven’t committed themselves to that over there. But somewhere I read of the freedom of assembly. Somewhere I read of the freedom of speech. Somewhere I read of the freedom of press. Somewhere I read that the greatness of America is the right to protest for right. And so just as I say we aren’t going to let any dogs or water hoses turn us around, we aren’t going to let any injunction turn us around." Dr. Martin Luther King. Memphis April 3, 1968.

Jun 29, 2020, 4:57 PM [ in reply to K-State is between a rock and a hard place... ]

If he were a Democrat he could dress in blackface and still be a sitting Governor. Too bad he isn't so he will be destroyed for his comment. Some animals are more equal than others.

Jun 29, 2020, 3:49 PM

there needs to be a place where bozos can be put and perpetually ignored. Dont know the tweet and wont look for it. They me be a sicko and not a student anyway

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2020, 4:07 PM

74TIGER said:

there needs to be a place where bozos can be put and perpetually ignored. Dont know the tweet and wont look for it. They me be a sicko and not a student anyway

I think the place you are talking about is the TNET forum.

Jun 29, 2020, 4:04 PM

The 2nd Amendment is one of our precious rights but racist and stupid posts are an entirely different story and that is happening all over the nation, including Clemson. Treat others the way you would want you and your family treated.

Jun 29, 2020, 4:08 PM

What does his post have to do with the 2nd?

Jun 29, 2020, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Re: A very big story going under the radar at K State ]

a well regulated militia?

Or did you mean 1st amendment rights but then added a ####### idea that it doesn't apply to people who say mean things or who you disagree with?

Idiot.

Personally, I want people to not whine and think for themselves.

Message was edited by: castaway®

Cancel Culture at it's best.

What the guy said was a classless joke in very poor taste. Shouldn't have said it, thought it or especially put it into print on the inter-webs. Having said that....... how do the players of the team demand the administration to expel a student that has nothing to do with the football program? Even stupid speech is protected by the constitution. Don't they teach this stuff anymore? Better watch what you say and hope that you never put anything into writing that could come back to bite you.

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Of all places, colleges and universities, home to the

Jun 29, 2020, 5:43 PM

young and dumb on their path to older and less dumb, should be sacred ground for the protection of free speech, expression, and thought. This is exactly the environment to be the biggest idiot version of yourself possible, then learn from the ramifications and experience, and mature forward. Being punished in an official capacity for this idiocy, provided no physical or financial harm is at hand, is ridiculous.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Of all places, colleges and universities, home to the

Jun 29, 2020, 8:03 PM

I regret that I have but one TU to give for your post.

FYI, the tweet was "congratulating" George Floyd for being one month sober. Very poor taste joke, to say the least. He was an idiot to post it in such a public forum as Twitter that is monitored so closely and where anything you tweet can and most certainly WILL be used against you.

Is it as bad, or worse, than the many controversial tweets and other public statements that various university staff/faculty have posted/uttered and pretty much gotten away with it? That's subjective. But it's pretty clear that free speech in the university setting is highly conditional.

Should he get expelled for a tweet?? Or disciplined? Think of the precedent if any student can have his college career held over his head for things he verbalizes on his private time and when school isn't even in session - especially if there's no clear standard to govern it.

We're in some very dangerous territory. He was a complete idiot for posting that poor attempt at a joke, but we have to look at the big picture of the precedent being set here. Scary.

Jun 29, 2020, 4:41 PM

I didn't know they played football at K State! Overall record in 108 years is W480-L605- Ties 34.

Wow, the coots can talk trash to them.***

Jun 29, 2020, 6:05 PM

Jun 29, 2020, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Re: A very big story going under the radar at K State ]

I do not agree with a boycott. Some players should just meet with the guy for a "little talk." Accidently, bump the guy and see how he reacts.

Jun 29, 2020, 6:33 PM

Are you advocating violence because he said something you/they don’t like? That sounds very inclusive. Probably against board policy though.

That #### will haunt him for the rest of his life. The only

Jun 29, 2020, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Re: A very big story going under the radar at K State ]

problem I have with it is the vile from the other side seems to go unchecked.

i heard about this early a.m or last night

Jun 29, 2020, 4:58 PM

And I'm pretty sure I am in the sights of the radar and not under it.

Jun 29, 2020, 5:06 PM

That

"Congratulations to George Floyd on being drug free for an entire month!"

is something you could imagine someone saying in poor taste. I suppose tweeting is like saying, or maybe not since so many people can read it.

Still the over reaction is ridiculous. The team needs a lesson on the first amendment and I hope they get it.

Offensive Speech is still protected for now

Jun 29, 2020, 5:34 PM

The K St kid is immature and made a tasteless joke. So now he is to be purged? Please!!! This student should have used better judgement. The athletes should be way tougher mentally. The athletes have the right to try to leverage the K St administration into expelling this student. If successful, they will make this young man wealthy. If unsuccessful, they hopefully will transfer elsewhere instead of abandoning their principles.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2020, 5:14 PM

Was this the incoming freshman FB player? He tweeted some bad stuff. I wouldn't want to play with a person like that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

another point: the young man has an absolute right to say it

Jun 29, 2020, 5:15 PM

but he is also absolutely subject to the consequences that his speech creates.

Re: another point: the young man has an absolute right to say it

Jun 30, 2020, 8:23 AM

Government entities cannot dole out consequences for unpopular speech. That's literally why the first amendment was written. If this was a private University that would be different but as long as it is tax payer funded he has the freedom to express himself without punishment from the institution.

Under the radar?

Jun 29, 2020, 5:33 PM

It's been on the ESPN scroll for about a week. And if you read the story, you'll see that KSU appears to be giving cover to student groups with white supremacy ties.

But by all means, make it about the players calling attention to it.

Re: Under the radar?

Jun 29, 2020, 9:41 PM

White supremacists group = ones who aren't kissing the #### of the terrorist tearing down every Democrat run city

I know you'd rather just be mad than actually

Jun 29, 2020, 5:37 PM

understand what's happening at KSU, but just in case I'm wrong about you, here you go:

https://www.kansascity.com/news/state/kansas/article243820367.html

An example of why Seinfeld refuses to play colleges

Jun 29, 2020, 5:40 PM

These kids are so weak. It was a bad joke, but your life shouldn't be ruined over what one kid tweeted. It starts with these Marxist tenured professors who indoctrinate kids every day. Clemson has their share and they are insufferable people. Example Dr. Coggeshall.

Jun 29, 2020, 6:11 PM

Im sure the saints have never said anything about the President or anyone else even close right?

Jun 29, 2020, 7:51 PM

Dingaminni, what is wrong with being a white conservative ? Are you that much of a DA ? What do you think this country was founded on ? I'm guessing you are a millennial which are not an intellectual bunch as a whole. Good luck living on your parents dime who, by the way, are white conservatives probably.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 70
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic