Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A stat that I would like to see ..... but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

A stat that I would like to see ..... but

Jan 3, 2020, 11:31 AM

Probably will not is the minutes played by Burrow compared with those of Lawrence. I suspect that The LSU QB has played a significant more time than the Clemson QB. This could easily explain the difference in numbers between the two. And, likewise, it would explain the difference In offensive numbers between the two teas.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A stat that I would like to see ..... but

Jan 3, 2020, 11:35 AM

They average 564.4 yards a game, we average 538.4 yards a game.

His stats are so inflated because we run the ball way more.

LSU - 167.1 rush yards/game
Clem - 246.1 rush yards/game

Jan 3, 2020, 11:37 AM

Would that particular stat be that close if Lawrence and his first team guys played as many minutes as Burrow?

Jan 3, 2020, 11:44 AM

I think Clemson's total yards, and rushing yards in particular, would be much higher if Trevor and his first team buddies played as many minutes. Our offensive output understandably suffers in the fourth quarter when second and third stringers come in.

Jan 3, 2020, 11:35 AM

Burrow has more completions than Lawrence has attempts.

Burrow’s stats have been padded by O. Where as we’ve been building depth all year from the 2nd quarter on in 12 out of the 14 games we’ve played. Burrow was still playing in the 4q vs Oklahoma, when the score was 49-14 in the 2nd quarter.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 11:39 AM

That is the point I’m stressing. Obviously Burrow has played a lot more minutes than Lawrence. I wonder how many?

of course...

Jan 3, 2020, 11:46 AM

Burrow got many more minutes than TL.

LSU played many more dangerous teams, didn't have the luxury of resting him. Relax vs LSU's schedule and you lose.

Teams LSU beat are 5 - 2 in bowls. That's 7 of the 13 teams LSU played before The Playoffs.

Re: of course...

Jan 3, 2020, 11:50 AM

I noticed that in the Oklahoma game. If the Tigers had a lead like that Lawrence would have been taken out at halftime. The fake Tigers choose to pad his numbers thus he won the Heisman and Lawrence wasn’t even invited to the ceremony. We will see what happens. Both are very good

Jan 3, 2020, 11:54 AM [ in reply to of course... ]

Florida, which had the lead on y’all late in Baton Rouge, just struggled to beat a Virginia team we beat 62-17.

OU got a 50 spot put on them by Kansas St and squeaked by garbage opponents all tear. Kansas St just lost to Navy in a bowl game. Burrow was playing in the 4th quarter in that game.

Auburn lost to Minnesota, a team that lost to Iowa. Their defense line got pushed around by a weak little BIG team. Auburn held you to 23 points at home.

Go pound your chest on Tigerdropping about how great your schedule is. We see right through the bullshlt here.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 12:14 PM

If you want to compare the players google LSU football and look at the plays the back up QB got in each game regardless of the opponent or score! Their ONE backup got a few passes in several games.

I think they’re pounding something else.***

Jan 3, 2020, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: of course... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Ole Mrs...so dangerous.

Jan 3, 2020, 12:36 PM [ in reply to of course... ]

Like a granny with a butcher knife.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jan 3, 2020, 1:10 PM

After searching through several stat sites, I thought it must be a secret as to how many plays Joe Burrow played this year but then the light came on and I realized he had to play more than 20 plays a game, but once the LSU statician counted his fingers and toes, it was over for the counting. I do know he had 448 passing attempts and 101 rushing attempts.

I did find this info through 14 games:

The LSU offense is ranked #40 averaging 73.5 plays per game for a total of 1029 plays.
Joe Burrow's total number of plays per game unknown at this point.

The Clemson offense is ranked #34 averaging 74 plays per game for a total of 1036 plays. Trevor played 772 plays or 74.5% slightly less than 3 QTRs per game.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 1:11 PM

must be nice being the only team in your conference with a pulse

Jan 3, 2020, 2:08 PM

Are you dumb enough to think that the real Tigers would NOT have beaten any other team that they might have played? Ask Ohio State.

Jan 3, 2020, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: A stat that I would like to see ..... but ]

Coot take off the makeup already, we can smell you just fine......

Wouldn't Pass Attempts be good enough?

Jan 3, 2020, 2:28 PM

We know they pad stats against crappy defenses deep into blowout games, but pass attempts might put the rest of the stats in perspective.

I know it's not perfect, but it gives an idea of where the yards and TDs would come from...

Joe Burrow - 478
Trevor Lawrence - 370

So, Joe's numbers should be 29.2% inflated compared to Trevor's.

Re: Wouldn't Pass Attempts be good enough?

Jan 3, 2020, 3:32 PM

We know they pad stats against crappy defenses deep into blowout games, but pass attempts might put the rest of the stats in perspective.

I know it's not perfect, but it gives an idea of where the yards and TDs would come from...

Joe Burrow - 478
Trevor Lawrence - 370

So, Joe's numbers should be 29.2% inflated compared to Trevor's.

Yep. Burrow was padding his stats at a completion percentage rate of 78%. Trevor only completed 68% so as not to pad his stats. That's what a real winner does.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic