Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A second to give a "TU" to Mack Brown
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

A second to give a "TU" to Mack Brown

Nov 16, 2019, 1:58 AM

I know a good number of our fans would almost never want to praise anything related to UNC - and I'm with ya 99% of the time. But, I'd just like to offer a positive word on Mack B.

I think he's a classy guy and a good guy. He did take Dabo under his wing back in '08 when nobody else would even answer the phone. He's a competitor for sure, but he's very much a gentleman. Always nice to any & all, far as I know. Despite the losses, he's got his team on the verge of getting there (just a few plays separate them from having a remarkable season).

I think we'd all benefit by the ACC improving & getting back to the days when we had 4 or 5 teams ranked - maybe more if possible.

Mack is a good addition (or re-addition). Very good coach, great competitor in a positive way and a person of character. Dabo genuinely likes & respects him. Doubt that would be the case if Coach B were not as I've described.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A second to give a "TU" to Mack Brown

Nov 16, 2019, 2:29 AM

huhud82® said:

I know a good number of our fans would almost never want to praise anything related to UNC - and I'm with ya 99% of the time. But, I'd just like to offer a positive word on Mack B.

I think he's a classy guy and a good guy. He did take Dabo under his wing back in '08 when nobody else would even answer the phone. He's a competitor for sure, but he's very much a gentleman. Always nice to any & all, far as I know. Despite the losses, he's got his team on the verge of getting there (just a few plays separate them from having a remarkable season).

I think we'd all benefit by the ACC improving & getting back to the days when we had 4 or 5 teams ranked - maybe more if possible.

Mack is a good addition (or re-addition). Very good coach, great competitor in a positive way and a person of character. Dabo genuinely likes & respects him. Doubt that would be the case if Coach B were not as I've described.

I can’t stand the tar holes, but I like Mack Brown. He’s a gentleman and a professional, even though the pronounces Coach V’s name as “Venerables”.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you know he is George Bush's cousin?

Nov 16, 2019, 2:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2019, 7:30 AM

Agree with nctiger. Can’t stand the team but MB is a stand up kind of guy. I think he has them on the right track. Lost another close one Thursday night. If their QB ever figures out how to play in the first 3 qtrs like he does in the 4th, they might be on to something.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Howell should chat with Tom Glavine

Nov 16, 2019, 8:10 AM

On how to get past the 'first inning'. It was absurd in Tom's early years! Sam will be a good one...and MB's a gem...in a tar pit! (I couldn't resist...no reflection on MB!)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always have liked Mack, class.***

Nov 16, 2019, 8:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2019, 8:55 AM

I too am okay with Mack Brown, but more importantly, Dabo admires and respects Mack Brown. If you look closer, I think you can determine why CLEMSON only beat UNC by 1 point. Dabo did not bring the house at UNC like we do some teams. That's JMO, but it's the way I saw that game. The rest of the nation can just continue to see it as a loss for CLEMSON, when in reality it was probably our biggest win (it's the ONLY game that we got to see TL16 in crunch time still in the game at the end of that game).

It was the 'Most Interesting Man in the World' game...

Nov 16, 2019, 9:04 AM

Like having an awkward moment to see what it felt like, TL got a crunch time experience! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2019, 9:47 AM

Acc definitely needs to get better. An acc that stays weak breeds complacency. If Dabo respects the man, then I can deal with it. I believe the acc may be turning...between UNC, louisville and uva maybe we can return to getting some respect. Weve all seen what has happened with the cfp committee. We dont need to be left out of future playoffs because of conference weakness.

Nov 16, 2019, 9:49 AM

And my fantasy football teams have really been suffering with Lawrence. Higgins, Etienne and Ross sitting after half

Nov 16, 2019, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: A second to give a "TU" to Mack Brown ]

UVA beat the Coots in their bowl game last year....lmao

Nov 16, 2019, 10:27 AM

I think he is comparable to Mark Richt. Regardless of what you think about their coaching abilities and the teams they have coached, both are class acts.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic