Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A different perspective on Sammy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

A different perspective on Sammy

May 5, 2012, 1:49 PM

After the dust settles, this may turn out to be a positive experience for Sammy. Why do I say that?

I, too, was in this same situation when I was 19 years old and a sophomore at Clemson. My apartment was searched and some pot was found and I was taken to the Clemson police department and charged with possession. Up to that point I had been a lazy, unfocused (and stoned) student with a ton of ability I simply was not using. The arrest brought to light what I was doing was illegal, and that I was hanging around a bunch of dope dealers and neerdowells. After completing PTI, I never kept the drug on me again, and soon stopped smoking it altogether. My grades went from all "C"s to all "A"s. My social life, health, and short-term memory all improved immensely, and now I have a successful business and a wonderful family I am thankful for every day. I need to thank the Clemson police for "helping" me straighten out my life those many years ago.

I am certainly not saying Sammy is lazy or unfocused, but there is no question if he is smoking pot and driving around high, he has room for improvement, as we all do. As amazing as he was last year, imagine an even more dedicated and driven Sammy.

I support Sammy 100%, and everyone concerned needs to do the same. He is a kid that made a "kid-like" mistake and needed a wake-up call. My wake-up call changed my life for the better, so I am interested to see what it does for Sammy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said.***

May 5, 2012, 1:57 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Excellent post and a positive perspective. Been there. +1***

May 5, 2012, 1:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for "neerdowells" (correct use: ne'er-do-well) ;]***

May 5, 2012, 2:17 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You beat me to it, including the spelling correction!

May 5, 2012, 2:21 PM

nm

Re: +1 for "neerdowells" (correct use: ne'er-do-well) ;]***

May 5, 2012, 5:19 PM [ in reply to +1 for "neerdowells" (correct use: ne'er-do-well) ;]*** ]

dayum,i knew rangers were cross-trained but i didn't know spelling/english etc. was one of the options. jk,giving you a hard time.

Re: A different perspective on Sammy

May 5, 2012, 2:17 PM

Agree, I've been there and done that also.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post, and point for usage of "neerdowells".

May 5, 2012, 2:19 PM

Though I think you are missing some dashes and an apostrophe from the correct spelling.

May 5, 2012, 3:08 PM

Ghey

May 5, 2012, 3:11 PM

It is better to keep your keyboard quiet and appear ignorant than to post a reply like that and remove all doubt. Now go do your homework!

May 5, 2012, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Re: A different perspective on Sammy ]

actually,spot on. after reading some of the posts on the subject cdixon stepped it up. and for you to call it ghey means you 1.are a coot, or 2. are a d.a.,or 3. both

May 5, 2012, 3:47 PM

Best posting I've read on this subject!

Great post***

May 5, 2012, 3:50 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2012, 3:58 PM

Thanks!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2012, 5:02 PM

Great post... I too was given a second chance at Clemson after a freshman mistake (had nothing to do with drugs but could have been kicked out of school for it). Had I not been caught and punished for what I did, there's no telling how my life would have turned out. Even though it was rough for me at the time, I'm gateful that I got caught, was punished, and was given a second chance. This is why I won't begrudge Sammy for what he did, and will pull for him going forward.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic