Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
8 Big Name Coaches LSU Has No Chance To Hire
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,052

8 Big Name Coaches LSU Has No Chance To Hire

Sep 26, 2016, 9:05 AM

Dabo Swinney - Clemson head coach
All that stuff said about Fisher -- the same goes for Swinney. What would be his incentive to leave? A few extra million? That won’t buy him the opportunity to coach his son’s Little League team, like he does at Clemson. The upside potential of LSU is inarguably higher than Clemson’s, but Dabo has a perfect situation in South Carolina, and it’s almost entirely of his making. Now, if this was the Alabama job, you could make the case Dabo might leave, but LSU is not the job that is going to pull him out of Clemson.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/gallery/lsu-coach-candidates-briles-jimbo-dabo-rumors-news-les-miles-092616

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Irony?

Sep 26, 2016, 9:30 AM

They mention that Jimbo wouldn't leave because it is easier to win a championship in the ACC, and then proceed to mention 2 other coaches currently in the top 10 that LSU would actually want that are not only in the ACC, but in the same division.

Re: Irony?

Sep 26, 2016, 9:55 AM

Plus don't want the job at LSWho. ESUCpn, all they do is preach how the SEC beats each other up from top to bottom before the playoffs, then they lose to weaker teams bc of being beat up so bad by their in conference schedule. What coach in their right mind would leave a coaching job where their team is 1 of the top of maybe 3 strong men in the conference.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 8 Big Name Coaches LSU Has No Chance To Hire

Sep 26, 2016, 9:53 AM

Inarguably higher?

How do you come to that conclusion right now as a reasonable fair thinking fan of college football. Our ceiling is as high as anyone not named Alabama

I don't think it's "inarguably higher" but LSU is sitting on

Sep 26, 2016, 10:11 AM

a recruiting gold mine and Miles has just been squandering it for about 5 years now. Whenever Saban retires LSU, with the right coach, could dominate the SEC again.

+1, that was my same first thought too! How is LSU

Sep 26, 2016, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Re: 8 Big Name Coaches LSU Has No Chance To Hire ]

inarguably higher than Clemson? More local talent to draw from but that's the only advantage I would give them right now. Clemson makes up for that by recruiting nationally now!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

muschamp

Sep 26, 2016, 10:04 AM

I kid..lol

no, actually I think there's a state law in Louisiana

Sep 26, 2016, 10:17 AM

that you can't hire failed coaches from Florida to work at LSU.

kept 'em from hiring Ron Zook and Charley Pell too....

apparently there was no such law forbidding the hire

of failed coaches from Okie State though,

hence the whole Les's Alice in Wonderland roller-coaster ride.

Miles was pretty good at OK State and did fine early in his

Sep 26, 2016, 10:31 AM

tenure at LSU. Things started going south on him after the 2011 title game. I think the CFB landscape has evolved and Miles has just failed to adapt to it. You can't just totally ignore the QB position and win with defense and running the ball these days.

Saban pretty much stole his thunder too. Saban was doing the same thing except doing it better, and you just can't beat Saban playing the same game. Teams like LSU, Michigan State, Wisconsin, etc have no chance against Bama. And where Miles hasn't been able to evolve to the changing game, Saban of course has.

+1, I can agree with that assessment!***

Sep 26, 2016, 11:11 AM

Re: 8 Big Name Coaches LSU Has No Chance To Hire

Sep 26, 2016, 11:16 AM

I am sure Dabo has been to Baton Rouge. Only an insane person would choose living there over Clemson. It would take orders of magnitude more money to get him there. Bama is the only place from which he would entertain offers.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,052
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic