Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The 2nd of many future meetings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

The 2nd of many future meetings

Dec 24, 2020, 12:26 PM

I have a feeling that Clemson and Ohio State are going to be seeing a lot of one another in the CFP based off the talent that’s coming in the next few years. Looking forward to it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

5th and 4th in the last decade. Soon we'll be counting wins

Dec 24, 2020, 12:30 PM

with our shoes off. Hopefully Day doesn't pull a Woody.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 5th and 4th in the last decade. Soon we'll be counting wins

Dec 24, 2020, 12:34 PM

That remains to be seen. I really like the players we have coming in though. I think we will win a few of these matchups based off our offensive firepower. We’ll be loaded at wr, rb, and qb the next 4-5 years

Dec 24, 2020, 12:36 PM

Thanks

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2020, 12:38 PM

Thanks

I was referring to meetings in the CFP only.

"That remains to be seen." Hopefully Day has good insurance.***

Dec 24, 2020, 12:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2020, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: 5th and 4th in the last decade. Soon we'll be counting wins ]

Not to be argumentative. But I'm sure Louisville, NC State, Notre Dame, Florida State have all had the same thoughts when they were at full strength. None of which ever came to pass.

Not saying you wont win because your recruiting suggests you will, but then again Georgia has recruited better than both of us combined and cant win so...dont assume it to be fact.

Dec 24, 2020, 2:18 PM

Not to be argumentative. But I'm sure Louisville, NC State, Notre Dame, Florida State have all had the same thoughts when they were at full strength. None of which ever came to pass.

Not saying you wont win because your recruiting suggests you will, but then again Georgia has recruited better than both of us combined and cant win so...dont assume it to be fact.

None of those programs are on our level in terms of talent and player development tho. We’ve been one of the most consistently good programs over the past 20 plus years. Notre Dame has had a few good years lately, but the other programs you mentioned have been bad for years now. I take nothing for granted, but Ohio State has been really good for a long time and we are getting even better in recruiting. We are out recruiting even Georgia for 2021 and 2022. The difference is that Georgia doesn’t develop their talent and Ohio State and Clemson do.

Dec 24, 2020, 12:52 PM [ in reply to 5th and 4th in the last decade. Soon we'll be counting wins ]

I fear he's close....very close.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The 2nd of many future meetings

Dec 24, 2020, 12:35 PM

Ok

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 24, 2020, 12:38 PM

Can you tell all of your buckeye friends that have moved to South Carolina that they should follow your lead and “just visit”. I know a good realtor if they need one to sell their property. His name is Spud.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2020, 12:41 PM

Interesting:..
From a Clemson point of view our recruiting is also trending up...

Here’s what’s interesting to us....

Dabo won two national titles with recruiting classes rating 10-15 ...we are now consistently ranked single digits in recruiting....

Ohio State has always had talent...I don’t see much of a shift honestly ...

Dec 24, 2020, 12:47 PM

CU51996 said:

Interesting:..
From a Clemson point of view our recruiting is also trending up...

Here’s what’s interesting to us....

Dabo won two national titles with recruiting classes rating 10-15 ...we are now consistently ranked single digits in recruiting....

Ohio State has always had talent...I don’t see much of a shift honestly ...

We’ve always recruited elite talent, but I’ve never seen us recruit qbs and wrs like we have since Hartline and Day came along. Our wr recruiting has been ridiculous the last 2-3 cycles and with Stroud, McCord, and Ewers on the horizon, our qb play will be elite.

LMAO..The only thing elite thing about Ohio State

Dec 24, 2020, 1:01 PM

is you can beat up on those weak BIG schools and maybe the VIP membership card y'all carry around for the strip clubs in Myrtle Beach. Your future is to continue to be beaten by Clemson like a scarlet headed step child. Get used to it and know your place, which is along side our feathered friends in Columbia, which by the way you still have not beaten.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LMAO..The only thing elite thing about Ohio State

Dec 24, 2020, 1:07 PM

is you can beat up on those weak BIG schools and maybe the VIP membership card y'all carry around for the strip clubs in Myrtle Beach. Your future is to continue to be beaten by Clemson like a scarlet headed step child. Get used to it and know your place, which is along side our feathered friends in Columbia, which by the way you still have not beaten.

2nd most wins in College Football history and 8 national championships says otherwise. I said nothing negative about Clemson at all and yet you feel the need to take shots at my team. I’ll take my program recent and all-time history any day of the week. I came on here trying to be reasonable and respectful, but people like you make it hard to continue on that way.

Don't let the door hit you wear the good Lord split you.***

Dec 24, 2020, 1:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't let the door hit you wear the good Lord split you.***

Dec 24, 2020, 1:15 PM

Thank you for your in depth analysis and well thought out response. I tried to come on here and be respectful, but I see you’re only interested in being an ####### for no reason.

Hey buckeye, I know I don’t speak for all, but welcome to

Dec 24, 2020, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: LMAO..The only thing elite thing about Ohio State ]

the 2d ranked college sports board! (.... albeit the ‘ranking’ is intended to be a negative). But, we Tigers from li’l ol’ Clemson tend to be defensive and CAN be a bit ‘testy’ when talking to opposing team’s fanbases. You’re probably a nice guy who likes sports and, like us, love OUR team.

However, if I may point out one difference, we are ‘little’. Our enrollment was appx 1/4th of yours when we beat you the first time and won our first National Championship. Even today, we’re half your size. Where that has the most impact is the financial ability of yourschool when compared to ours. In my opinion, ‘all those W’s’ - and championships harken back to a day when you purely out ‘resourced’ us. And, as pointed out above, our recent championships, along with the two bowl victories, have come with 10th - 15th ranked (i’m fairly sure) recruiting classes. While your classes were in the top 5 - and better - at the time.

Now, I certainly acknowledge that our coaching staff is a key factor; however, as long as they are at Clemson, I (and I think I can speak for quite a few Tiger fans) feel pretty good about the upcoming Sugar Bowl. Not to mention future potential meetings. I am a believer in the law of averages, and must admit that you WILL one day beat us. But to paraphrase Juba - in the final scene of Gladiator: “ .... you will beat us one day, but not yet... not yet...”.

A Merry Christmas to you and yours buckeye! But I won’t add any New Year wishes, as I think 2021 is going to start pretty bad for you. ??

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Dec 24, 2020, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: LMAO..The only thing elite thing about Ohio State ]

Sometimes visitors forget that they are only visiting, and they don't like playing by the house rules!!! This is Clemson site visitor, expect to be fired upon when you're pointing your gun!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2020, 2:55 PM

Sometimes visitors forget that they are only visiting, and they don't like playing by the house rules!!! This is Clemson site visitor, expect to be fired upon when you're pointing your gun!!!

How did I “point my gun”? I’ve said nothing negative whatsoever about Clemson.

We are pros at picking up passive aggressive posters

Dec 24, 2020, 3:06 PM

that are fans of other teams. We were on to you from your first couple of posts.

Re: We are pros at picking up passive aggressive posters

Dec 24, 2020, 3:23 PM

BOOM!

I wonder if Spud takes a sideways picture of you to give to

Dec 24, 2020, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Re: The 2nd of many future meetings ]

the 'cleaner'...?

Dec 24, 2020, 12:40 PM

As of right now ,I only see 3 teams that appear likely to be in the CFP's in the next few years; Clemson, Alabama and Ohio State.
Notre Dame had the luxury this year of playing in the conference. I hope the new ACC Commissioner either tells them they have to join, or go take a long walk off a short gang-plank. Otherwise, I don't see them as a yearly fixture.
The only other teams I see on the rise are A&M and maybe Florida if they can recruit.
Georgia and Auburn have work to do.
Hopefully the pandemic will end, and the 5 power conferences can get back to playing full strength schedules.

Don’t worry. The pandemic will end soon enough.

Dec 24, 2020, 1:10 PM

Biden has had a plan all along. He just doesn’t know what it is.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic