Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
4 years ago today, Watson to Renfrow happened (National title)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

4 years ago today, Watson to Renfrow happened (National title)

Jan 9, 2021, 9:56 AM

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1347919504693747714

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember that chilly night in Tampa well........ Adult

Jan 9, 2021, 10:26 AM

beverages tailgating, scalpers trying to by our tickets, temperatures dropping and the wind picking up during the game, and the single-greatest moment of joy in my Clemson fandom. That place went NUTS!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I lost a lot of sleep that night. Lost all of it. Couldn't

Jan 9, 2021, 10:29 AM

settle down after that.

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

discovered automatic braking works when I almost rear-ended

Jan 9, 2021, 11:33 AM

a car at 5:45 am the next morning. Hadn't slept all night!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: discovered automatic braking works when I almost rear-ended

Jan 9, 2021, 10:28 PM

We weren't so lucky. My sister got popped for rolling a red light and ended up in county for 12 days that night due to an unrelated issue. Still the best night of my life. Go Tigers!

Re: 4 years ago today, Watson to Renfrow happened (National title)

Jan 9, 2021, 11:16 AM

:) ;)

Jan 9, 2021, 12:19 PM

That was a great Clemson memory I can share with my daughter a 2015 Clemson Graduate. We stayed up most of the night talking about that play. What a great great game it was!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2021, 12:26 PM

Same here. We were sitting in the end zone near the pirate ship. Great view of Renfrow’s catch! My daughter was on the field in the Tiger Cub mascot suit. That was her last game after 3 years in the suit. She graduated in 2017. Love the confetti!

Jan 9, 2021, 12:34 PM

Sport center with SVP opened with a video of the Tiger Cub (my daughter ??) making snow angels in the confetti. I had the video but lost it when I changed phones. I have the still pic attached to the previous post in my office! I was a sophomore when we won the Natty in ‘81 and for her to be the mascot when we won again was a memory of a lifetime!

I got news for everybody... this right here probably cannot

Jan 10, 2021, 8:49 PM

be topped. Unless you ran on the field and snatched Woody's cap off his head in '78... or Danny spit tobacco juice on your jeans in the post-game melee in '81 and you still have em...

That's great, rhett.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Haha...

Jan 9, 2021, 5:58 PM

Great memory. Probably a top 10 Clemson game for me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jan 9, 2021, 6:17 PM

There were a lot of happy & excited Tiger fans watching replays at our hotel breakfast buffet about 6 hours later, running on minimal sleep and maximum adrenaline. And there were 2 very quiet Bama fans in a corner who didn't seem to be enjoying their breakfast nearly so much. :)

Jan 9, 2021, 10:08 PM

Great night in Tampa. Bama fans next day that were leaving same hotel said Dabo would “come home” when Saban retired. They didn’t like it when I said “he is home”.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"My body stunk but I kept my funk"- 'Every Picture Tells A Story, Don't It'

Jan 10, 2021, 8:33 PM

Bammers sure love them some Dabo - that's for sure.

I had forgotten all about that!***

Jan 9, 2021, 10:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Said no one ever!

Jan 10, 2021, 9:39 AM

:)

Would that hit on Renfrow be flagged

Jan 10, 2021, 8:05 AM

As targeting these days?

Not while playing bama...........

Jan 10, 2021, 10:43 AM

:)

Jan 10, 2021, 8:56 AM

Thanks for reminding Us.

It was such a memorable trip. Visited family in Warner-Robbins on the way down. A work buddy had just bought a house on Davis Island so he offered to let our family stay there as his family had not moved in yet. Huge score, but we were on air-mattresses. On game day, we tailgated and bantered with some random 'bama fans (all fairly cordial).

The drive at the end. Jordan's catch!!! Me, my wife, two of my younger brothers and their wives, all going nuts in the end zone as Hunter hauled it in right in front of us (11 rows up). Absol-freeking-lutely amazing. Still was worried about the 1 second, but then.....the onside kick recovered. Hahaha suck it Nick!

Didn't get to sleep until about 2:30 AM. Got up around 8:00 (had to be at work the next day). Drove north with the 'bama fans until we broke right towards Jax. Us with our tiger paw car logos & tail wagging, and them, with their eyes averted when we passed. Ha, ha. Good times indeed.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic