Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Second Look: Grading Clemson versus Texas A&M
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

TNET: Second Look: Grading Clemson versus Texas A&M

Sep 10, 2018, 8:01 AM

Second Look: Grading Clemson versus Texas A&M

The first road test took the No. 2 Tigers to the brink. Grading how Clemson performed in all phases of the close win in College Station. Photo by John Glaser / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

R U kidding me..Aggies returned 5 punts for 275 yds for 55 yd avg!

Sep 10, 2018, 8:17 AM

Geez, and one was for 73 yds!

Good grief Charlie Brown!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: R U kidding me..Aggies returned 5 punts for 275 yds for 55 yd avg!

Sep 10, 2018, 10:41 AM

Did you watch the game Charlie?

Re: TNET: Second Look: Grading Clemson versus Texas A&M

Sep 10, 2018, 8:25 AM

I believe someone’s punt return numbers were waaaayyyyy off

Sep 10, 2018, 8:48 AM

Yes....way off. TaM had 25 yds on 2 returns. The punter had 275 yds on 5 punts including the booming 73 yarder.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about grading the coaches on playcalling...

Sep 10, 2018, 8:57 AM

substitutions and back up there on the QBs and take a look at Bryant's horrible reads on the option?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reminiscent of the Bama game last year

Sep 10, 2018, 10:31 AM

NO imagination whatsoever. Predictable, vanilla, you name it. Screen left, screen right, KB left, KB right. And is ETN in the doghouse or did the coaches just forget he is still on the team?

Secondary depth

Sep 10, 2018, 10:00 AM

Did McMichael and Goodrich play? I don't think any alarms need to be raised on secondary depth, but if the freshmen didn't play, why weren't they in? I was surprised that Denzel Johnson was in there, though he looked pretty green. I don't think it's lack of depth, it may reluctance to rely on freshmen or unexperienced players in pivotal games.

No, we played 3 CBs and 3 Ss***

Sep 10, 2018, 12:14 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2018, 10:20 AM

IMHO coach’s get a D+ for recruiting and the win. As for actual X’s and O’s especially on Offense, personnel moves, and creating a QB controversy splitting the fan base, it was an F.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2018, 10:26 AM

I wonder if the running game was under utilized?

Sep 10, 2018, 10:43 AM

Yes. Absolutely. This Offense evolves around KB who is as high character and tight with the coach’s and team as can be ... but lacks the skill sets of ETN, Tee, Amari, TL and more young WR/skill players. It’s unfortunate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny how we played out C game and they played their A

Sep 10, 2018, 10:37 AM

AT THEIR PLACE, and we pulled it out. I'm listening to the aggie sports talk station 1150AM The Zone, btw, and they are talking about this as the best game they've played in years. The commentators just said that it was the best QB performance at A&M since Johnny Football.

AND WE WON. Think about it. Got their best shot and we prevailed at their place. "SEC environment" and all. I'm pretty pleased. Go Tiger!

Re: Funny how we played out C game and they played their A

Sep 10, 2018, 10:42 AM

How true! We got a W... 2 and 0 and move on to the next game. winning on the road is an A+ for coaches and players. Fans and journalists who grade a game with no skin in the game... C- ( including me :) )
I just enjoy a win against any Big 5 opponent especially on the road and in the rain.

Sep 10, 2018, 5:55 PM

You nailed it. Fans complain constantly. Glad coaching staff/players don't receive tips from the "Internets".
I wouldn't take too much credence into ranking in week two. FSU was ranked in week one and almost lost to some HS team.

Sep 10, 2018, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Funny how we played out C game and they played their A ]

Jimbo Fisher is a bit annoyed with the "moral victory" celebrations. He's going to change the culture in College Station.

Next year will be not be easy. Glad it's in DV.

Yes, by all means, enjoy the win

Sep 10, 2018, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Funny how we played out C game and they played their A ]

But expect Bama, Auburn and MS St to smack down A&M with ease. And TNet fans can cease with the SEC critiques. The 4th best team in SEC West is easily top 2 or 3 in ACC this year.

Bama might but if aTm is allowed to hold the rest of the

Sep 10, 2018, 12:20 PM

season like they did against us, they won't be 4th best in the west.

Re: Yes, by all means, enjoy the win

Sep 10, 2018, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Yes, by all means, enjoy the win ]

Dude.....the SEC has Alabama...and UGA. TA&M is possibly "up and coming" - the rest of the SEC is utter garbage. Take your stupid comments back to Gamecocksonline.com.

Sep 10, 2018, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Funny how we played out C game and they played their A ]

I tend to agree with you. The pessimists and naysayers are always looking at the negatives, expecting the Tigers to go out and just romp over every team they play. TAMU played a great game, probably their best in several seasons. Clemson was not at its best and still won, at an SEC venue, no less. Come on, guys and gals, wake up and smell the coffee. Not every game is going to be 56-10. Even 2017 Natty winner 'Bama had a dogfight at TAMU last year. Also, look closely at the first two games of 2016. The Natty winning Tigers struggled in those contests. As Dabo says, a win is a win. GoooooTigers!!!!!!!!!

4-13 on 3rd down is an indication that the play calling

Sep 10, 2018, 12:12 PM

needs to improve substantially...You're not beating anybody in the Playoffs punting 9 times

Re: 4-13 on 3rd down is an indication that the play calling

Sep 10, 2018, 12:21 PM

Your also not going to win a championship by getting beat by teams like Pitt. But we did. It is week 2 trust that Dabo and the team will get it together.

Re: 4-13 on 3rd down is an indication that the play calling

Sep 10, 2018, 12:21 PM [ in reply to 4-13 on 3rd down is an indication that the play calling ]

Your also not going to win a championship by getting beat by teams like Pitt. But we did. It is week 2 trust that Dabo and the team will get it together.

We played like we did in the Sugar Bowl, the only difference

Sep 10, 2018, 12:26 PM

was a Playoff team, A&M is 3rd or 4th in the West

Yall, need to reach around & pull that wad out of tha' krack

Sep 10, 2018, 12:56 PM
M.jpg(138.3 K)

It's only two ( 2 ) games into the season !!!!!! My goodness guys,we still have 10 games to hone this team into shape,for another run at the trophy ___ the best is yet to come !!!! GO TIGERS !!!!!!!

Stop Basing CU Tigers on TAMU Record "Last Year" & Ranking!

Sep 10, 2018, 1:03 PM

Most of the critics are basing this solely on the fact A & M wasn't very good last year! But, last year is last year! New coach! A coach who, "oh by the way knows Clemson like the back of his hand"! They were playing @ home. In the rain; which kind of levels the playing field some(speed). If Texas A & M was ranked say 8th and we came out of there with the W - YOU WOULDN'T HEAR ALL THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS! They have no ranking b/c they finished "LY" poorly. And that's the only reason they weren't ranked. Some of you are acting like we barely beat an "unranked, no talent having Mtn. West team or something"!
Texas A & M if they play the same way all season as they played against us; will be a factor in the SEC West. I think they are better than LSU right now. Bama and Auburn can be beaten "if you have a QB who can throw it with confidence over the middle"! Or be able to take advantage of the weak spots the defense gives you. Mond has that kind of ability and was just a freshman LY(or is he a freshman now). Either way - they have the players to do it. Some of you must not know how well A & M has recruited either. They are top 10 and currently have the #1 class for 2019. Stop it already - by the end of the year - this will be a quality win people will say; "dang Clemson must be good to have gone to College Station historic Kyle Field" and won! Relax!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2018, 4:36 PM

The sky isn't falling. We got the win because we got the talent. It wasn't perfect, but aTm is a hard road game. Let's all take a breath.
With that said, we need more balance on offense. ETN needs to get the ball. Choice had some nice runs as well. Anybody have the stats on run plays vs pass plays?

Sep 24, 2017, 4:20 PM

Also, the QB for aTm is the real deal. That kid's going to be a star. He took hit after hit and kept slinging it. Kudos to him. Our secondary made him look even better, but he's got talent.

excellent job with the grades

Sep 11, 2018, 6:16 PM

so easy to give everyone high remarks, just to be politically correct.
Easy to see, we had issues last Sat.- Everything was not....Peachy keen.
I had everyone graded for the 2 games combine as such...
DL- B+
LB- B
DB- C
STeam- B
OL-C
TE-C
WR- B
QB- B
RB- C+

Just my take...
I know we'll get better, but its fun to debate it.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic