Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
28 year old abducted and found murdered in INMAN?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

28 year old abducted and found murdered in INMAN?

Mar 3, 2020, 10:17 AM

If the police, and I support them 100%, they have a thankless and woefully underpaid job, knew this guy was probably almost assuredly involved with her abduction. Why did they let him get out of their sight, get all the way back to Inman with her and then go to his house and find her and him dead? I know I will get the got to follow the evidence, got to follow a certain set of rules, but geez, at some point doesn't the urgency and danger outweigh the paperwork. I don't know if they would have found her alive or not but if that was my daughter or hell if it was someone I knew and I thought they were in danger I would go to where I thought she was at and check on her. People are getting crazier and crazier by the dang minute!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 28 year old abducted and found murdered in INMAN?

Mar 3, 2020, 11:17 AM

mighty easy to criticize when you don't know all the facts nor the evidence

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Laws

Mar 3, 2020, 11:31 AM

You should write to your politicians and ask them to pass a law authorizing the police to detain people at their sole discretion if they "think the suspect might be up to no good."

We try to strike a balance between restrictive laws and individual liberty. Unfortunately, sometimes, bad things happen. Gun control comes to mind as a fair example. How much liberty are you willing to sacrifice for a little more security? That has been "the" question for 250 years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Laws

Mar 3, 2020, 11:42 AM

I doubt gun control laws would have stopped this idiot.

Mar 3, 2020, 1:40 PM

I was referencing the topic of gun control laws in the context of sacrificing liberty for security. I'm a CCP holder and very much fall on the side of liberty before security.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2020, 9:28 PM

Liberty IS security.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2020, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Laws ]

You tell’em Bernie

They already have that right if they think there is an

Mar 3, 2020, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Laws ]

"imminent threat."

Mar 3, 2020, 11:44 AM

I understand what you both are saying and I am probably the biggest 2 Amend. supporter you will find. But if he was an immediate threat or person of interest, I believe I would have used every tool in the toolbox to uncover his part in this.

I won't ever infringe on the rights of others as long as they don't infringe on mine. But when there is someone missing and there is any possible chance, no matter how minute, that you know someone may have been involved in their disappearance then detain and search. If nothing is found then there is no harm done, but you just may save some.

I wasn't criticizing, I was rendering an opinion, even though I may have worded it badly. I have many LEO's in my family from town police to an FBI agent and every type in between, I support them everyday.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I completely agree...

Mar 3, 2020, 12:42 PM

I have a similar attitude and mentality when it comes to interrogating terrorists.

If it saves just one American life, whatever means or methods used are entirely justified as far as I am concerned.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Mar 3, 2020, 10:56 PM

One reason I retired early. The red tape was maddening.

In case someone hasn't seen the story:

Mar 3, 2020, 11:45 PM

https://www.wistv.com/2020/03/03/missing-charleston-womans-body-found-spartanburg/

Beautiful young lady.

Re: In case someone hasn't seen the story:

Mar 4, 2020, 2:23 PM

Yep, she was a few years behind me but we went to the same high school up in Massachusetts. We had a common friend and crossed paths a few times at parties back in the day...she was a very nice person. Very sad to see something so terrible happen to her.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic