Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who Rates the Recruiting Raters?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Who Rates the Recruiting Raters?

Jan 29, 2020, 12:02 PM

I am very curious. Does anyone (or any service) look backward at the track record of the various entities/individuals who assign “stars” to recruits? Not really talking about the coaches here. I’m referring to the 24/7s, ESPNs, Rivals, etc. of the world. How accurate did they turn out to be in their recruiting stars ratings?

We get all spun up on the recruiting wars, and how the Tigers do in the class rankings. It’s a lot of fun, and provides for a lot of debate. But at the end of the day, the fuel for this is these “raters” assessments and opinions.

So, who holds them accountable for how accurate they were in their projections? Granted, some 3,4, and 5 star recruits never develop and reach their potential. But I think it’s fair to expect that some majority do. Or, is that really the case?

These guys make their projections, it gets everyone hot and bothered, but once it’s over, I’ve not seen a comprehensive review afterwards of how accurate those projections were. At the end of their college career, did that player line up with his recruiting ranking? Seems it’s largely forgotten about and the focus shifts to the next year. Some of these recruiting guys are likely more talking heads. It would be great to see what their report card is.

Anyone?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reranking,only links I could find quickly

Jan 29, 2020, 12:11 PM

https://www.si.com/college/2019/02/28/signing-day-2016-recruiting-rankings-alabama-oklahoma

https://www.si.com/college/2019/02/25/recruiting-class-2015-rankings-clemson-alabama

Re: Reranking,only links I could find quickly

Jan 29, 2020, 12:32 PM

That first article, where Clemson is “re-ranked” to #4. I don’t get it. That Clemson class had a better overall record than any of the other teams. I guess I’m supposed to believe that - wins don’t matter, conference championships don’t matter, playoff appearances don’t matter, playoff wins don’t matter, and National Championships don’t matter. Since none of that matters......I’m gonna go ahead and say that New Mexico State had the #1 recruiting class in 2016.

Re: Who Rates the Recruiting Raters?

Jan 29, 2020, 1:05 PM

They prob stroke each other to ensure enough controversy to keep all their site clicks high.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who Rates the Recruiting Raters?

Jan 29, 2020, 1:08 PM

Tigernet.....

The CFP committee***

Jan 29, 2020, 1:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Renfrow, Humphries, Jarrett, Beasley, etc... We all know.***

Jan 30, 2020, 7:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

247 shares accuracy ratings for their experts

Jan 30, 2020, 9:07 AM

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/ExpertRankings/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 247 shares accuracy ratings for their experts

Jan 30, 2020, 9:33 AM

Sorry, but what exactly is this ranking? I don’t see an explanation of how they are defining “accuracy”. Thanks.

The same people who rate weather men.***

Jan 30, 2020, 11:02 AM

People's wallets i would assume***

Jan 30, 2020, 11:04 AM

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic