Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2021 Recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,422

2021 Recruiting

Sep 9, 2020, 1:50 PM

Are there any big names we have peaked interest from over the past couple of weeks?

On the OL, I know we are going after Tristan Leigh, especially after Nolan Rucci's commitment to Wisconsin in the last 24 hours. It looks to be that he would definitely be the only remaining OL prospect we are after, may be the only remaining recruit on the offensive side of the ball as well.

On the defensive side, I know Korey Foreman is the biggest name left out on the board but should we consider him a Dawg at this point? Really wouldn't mind him committing back to the Tigers. However, history has shown that we aren't very high on guys any longer after they decommit but maybe this is a different scenario.

Also looks like we could pick up Andrew Mukuba at safety.

Any other guys we are going after pretty hard? McKinstry, Green, Ryan???

Message was edited by: ClintonTiger88®

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2021 Recruiting

Sep 9, 2020, 2:18 PM

The staff is after Kamari Lassiter as well. I suspect that we will be offering other recruits on the coaches radar if we don’t land Mukuba or Nyland. We have to replace Nolan at safety. And we will likely have to replace DK at corner.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2020, 7:03 AM

Yes, Lassiter is definitely a guy that we will pursue, especially if Nyland pledges anywhere but to the Tigers. Truly is looking like we are only looking to fill secondary spots at the moment.

Sep 9, 2020, 3:52 PM

we dont have enough OL now. A couple years ago we only got two. Carman and McFadden I think. They are great but you need to get 3 or even better 4 per year. I though we worked our way through that but here we are again. We need to get this fixed

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

zero chance we take 3 or 4 OL next year

Sep 10, 2020, 7:06 AM

maybe 2 max

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2020, 7:12 AM [ in reply to Re: 2021 Recruiting ]

That's kind of how I feel about our OL, too. Tristan Leigh would be a huge pickup but it seems to be that LSU is leading the pack as of now.

Sep 10, 2020, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: 2021 Recruiting ]

We signed 4 in 2019, and 6 in 2020. We have 3 commits so far this year, with only one senior OL on scholarship. If everybody returns, plus the 3 commits, that would give us 17 OL on scholarship next year. That gives us a 3 deep, plus two. I think that’s enough.

Sep 9, 2020, 6:39 PM

Another interesting issue will be if anyone who would Have used up their last year of eligibility this season is willing, or able, to return next year. If so,would the team want them back and how would that impact our needs and recruiting? Do we have any Seniors who are great college players but aren't really top NFL prospects who all parties would agree on bringing back for another year? How will that even work?

Sep 10, 2020, 7:22 AM

It will be interesting to watch that play out over the next year. Particularly Jackson Carman after this year is over but I would think that he stays for another year for sure.

Sep 10, 2020, 11:11 AM

Most definitely not for sure he stays.

More than likely he leaves.

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,422
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic