Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2020 Season: Defense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,194

2020 Season: Defense

Jan 14, 2020, 5:56 PM

I know many of us are disappointed that our team did not win. The loss is settling in. It should be motivation for the team do win it all next season. It is time to move on to 2020.

The defense needs to be reloaded and improved. Games against North Carolina, Ohio State, and LSU exposed flaws of standing around and doing nothing, not stopping drives, and not making the big plays to shut down offensive drives.

Where do we fill holes or improve the line and depth on defense?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2020 Season: Defense

Jan 14, 2020, 6:08 PM

See what we had to work with this year, and why we had to scheme teams and went to a 3-4...then look at the kids that red-shirted, and/or gained huge experience (see Tyler Davis)...and the incoming recruiting class. Saw one reporter mention that there's never been a DL haul in one recruiting class like what Clemson got. We have monsters coming in...we'll look like we did again next year, a 4-3 with monsters in the middle, huge and fast DEs, and elite size and speed at the LB and secondary. #11 is impossible to replace, but we'll have more of the key parts next year so it'll be an easier transition/loss.

Jan 14, 2020, 6:45 PM

I agree but also remember similar yet not as lofty claims of how to replace O’Daniel. Simmons grew into and beyond the position. Someone will fill those shoes soon enough. It’s next man up every year.

I was very proud of the defense and thought they

Jan 14, 2020, 6:09 PM

played very well in the early going. Venebles had them ready and they played hard and pushed LSU early. But you can not give up 3rd and 19 when trailing 21-17 in the waning moments of the half and you can't give up 3rd and 11 when trailing 28-25 and very much in the ballgame in the third quarter.

On the other side of the coin, the offense just can not go 1 for 11 on 3rd downs. That is the same stat that killed Bama in the two title wins we had over them. But our offense going 1 for 11 on 3rd down and many of those at midfield or slightly in LSU territory was a killer. That not only killed our drives, but put Burrow back on the field without answering their scores.

Very proud of the team. A #2 team in the nation final ranking and they competed hard last night. LSU was the better team and congrats to them.

WE need to spruce up our playbook a little and I do think Lawrence can win the Heisman next year. HE played better early on last night than he did later in the game.

Somebody on our staff should have called a timeout in first half so the replay people could take a look at the player hand that touched out of bounds. It was obvious the replay booth didn't have time to buzz because LSU was in hurry tempo. But a timeout should have been called there.

Galloway looked great at tight end.

Jan 14, 2020, 6:34 PM

We started the game undermanned by the loss of Nyles Pinckney then lost more as the game went on. I think if the offense had been working and kept LSU off the field we would have had a shot at winning. The defense as always played their hearts out against the best QB in the country that night.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,194
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic