Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2 Juveniles arrested in Charleston shooting yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

2 Juveniles arrested in Charleston shooting yesterday

Jul 18, 2020, 7:20 AM

The kids were 15 and 16 years old and robbed and shot a retired provost from University of North Dakota on King Street near Clifford Street (just 2 blocks south of Market Street). This is an area that locals walk and jog early in the morning before businesses open. His wife was recently named provost at College of Charleston. Very sad story. You would think the kids' parents would have had a better watch on them seeing how this crime happened yesterday at 6AM?

https://abcnews4.com/news/local/cpd-2-juveniles-arrested-for-killing-husband-of-college-of-charleston-provost

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2 Juveniles arrested in Charleston shooting yesterday

Jul 18, 2020, 8:28 AM

And just think some idiots want to defund the police. Everyone of these people should serve as a police officer for a couple of weeks. Then maybe they will understand most police officers are good people.

Growing up I was taught by my mom and dad to respect authority and adults. If not I was punished. I thank God that I was raised in a loving Christian home.

I hope many will be praying for both families. Because no one wins when something like this happens.

I hope it does not become another racial incident.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It won’t become a racial incident. Half of the equation is

Jul 18, 2020, 11:43 AM

Already such that it won’t. Now if the known half were reversed, the identity of the perpetrators would be demanded and all he’ll would break loose in the the meantime

Re: It won’t become a racial incident. Half of the equation is

Jul 18, 2020, 1:13 PM

You are wise in how you said everything without saying everything

Well thanks, and I will say anyone who has been

Jul 18, 2020, 1:39 PM

Awake the last couple weeks and is based in logic would have a difficult time disputing that.

Meant months***

Jul 18, 2020, 1:42 PM

First question: "Where did you get the pistol?"***

Jul 18, 2020, 8:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2020, 8:50 AM

That is so awful. Hopefully they can be charged as adults and get life without parole.

Jul 18, 2020, 9:22 AM

Such a waste of a good person and tragedy for the family. You won't see this CNN or MSNBC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2020, 9:57 AM

Will you see it on Fox?

Jul 18, 2020, 11:49 AM

ZOIKS!!!

You liberals lose again...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/college-of-charleston-provosts-husband-killed-in-robbery-try-2-teens-arrested

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jul 18, 2020, 11:59 AM

Once their lawyers convince the judge they were just peacefully protesting, they will be released without bond.

Jul 18, 2020, 1:21 PM

They were just about to graduate high school soon and go to college. Great kids that the system let down. Am I doing it right?

Jul 18, 2020, 5:04 PM

Probably are both active in their church.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Jul 20, 2020, 11:06 PM

Any idea on the status of the case near 5 points where the guy stabbed the college co-Ed to death when she initially thought he was her Uber ride?

Jul 21, 2020, 11:12 PM [ in reply to Re: 2 Juveniles arrested in Charleston shooting yesterday ]

What’s da church have to do wid it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2020, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: 2 Juveniles arrested in Charleston shooting yesterday ]

Sweet. It was just a question. It will be interesting to see of CNN or MSNBC cover it in the next couple of days.

Jul 21, 2020, 6:53 AM

Well a few days have passed. Nothing on CNN or MSNBC that I could find.

Jul 21, 2020, 7:40 AM

So sad...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Are you making fun of a liberal being murdered?

Jul 21, 2020, 7:00 AM [ in reply to Re: 2 Juveniles arrested in Charleston shooting yesterday ]

That’s pretty despicable.

Jul 21, 2020, 6:33 AM [ in reply to Re: 2 Juveniles arrested in Charleston shooting yesterday ]

Hahaha.

Fox doesn’t have a full national news service,

Jul 21, 2020, 6:59 AM [ in reply to Re: 2 Juveniles arrested in Charleston shooting yesterday ]

like CNN or NBC. They depend on affiliates to do most of the work, but also monitor CNN and the networks for news that they need to cover.

Jul 18, 2020, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: 2 Juveniles arrested in Charleston shooting yesterday ]

One was charged with charges that qualifies for the death penalty. One is also charged with possession of a deadly weapon during the commission of a violent crime. If there was a death, that charge can allow prosecutors to ask for the death penalty. With the armed robbery attached, no doubt the prosecution will be asking for the death penalty!!! That is if they aren't forgiven bc of all the time they have spent protesting with BLM movement!!! It seems to work for getting passing grades, it will most likely work in a criminal case also....

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2020, 1:00 PM

No matter their race I hope they both get the death penalty. Those of you against the death penalty think about this for a moment.

If you are a murder or a hardened criminal and you get life without parole what incentive do you have to obey the rules, not commit murders in prison, plus it puts the prison guards life in greater jeopardy, lifers are more likely to sale drugs and commit more crimes in prison. IMO a lifer especially a murderer is more likely. What do they really have to lose??

They probably think what else can they do to me. Take away some privileges , put them in isolation or take away visits.

Now there is another problem less attorneys are going to be willing to donate their time to see if there were mistakes made or if the person is possibly innocent.

I did some research on these issues through the internet. I suggest you do the same. It may just change your mind.

The death penalty serves as a valuable Penalty for some criminals for several reasons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very unlikely that 15 and 16 year olds get

Jul 18, 2020, 1:50 PM

the death penalty IMO.

I knew SCOTUS had outlawed the death penalty for juveniles

Jul 21, 2020, 11:04 PM

it was 2005 for 18 and younger. 15 and younger was outlawed in 1988.

Jul 18, 2020, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: 2 Juveniles arrested in Charleston shooting yesterday ]

I agree, but they won't get the death penalty. I wish they could just be put down today though.

We are the only western country with the death penalty

Jul 21, 2020, 7:13 AM [ in reply to Re: 2 Juveniles arrested in Charleston shooting yesterday ]

None of the others will extradite here for capital crimes for that reason. We also have the highest crime rates of any western country. The “deterrent” argument has been disproven ad infinitum.

Re: We are the only western country with the death penalty

Jul 21, 2020, 7:46 AM

I agree... The death penalty does not work. It is not enough of a deterrent.
If they want the crime rate to drop dramatically, bring back hard labor sentences. A few years of breaking rocks with a sledge hammer is a much better deterrent than the death penalty.

That would reduce recidivism for sure***

Jul 21, 2020, 8:14 AM

Re: That would reduce recidivism for sure***

Jul 21, 2020, 9:14 AM

Dadgum right it would. Word would spread real fast.

Most, but admittedly not all, kids who’d do something like this

Jul 18, 2020, 9:53 AM

Have parents who probably rarely know where their kids are and what they are doing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2020, 5:23 PM

The violent crime rate in Charleston has been a dirty secret for decades. It's just not safe there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SC has the 9th highest violent crime rate,

Jul 21, 2020, 7:55 PM

6th highest murder rate, and the 9th highest poverty rate. Charleston proper actually has a lower murder rate than the state as a whole at 7.29 per 100k vs 7.7. North Charleson is the city with a high murder rate at 22.7, about the same as Chicago but still way lower than New Orleans.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic