Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
107.5 pulling a slick one about CJ Fuller
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 6,435

107.5 pulling a slick one about CJ Fuller

Oct 4, 2018, 2:27 PM

About 20 mins ago on 107.5 the game they brought up the CJ Fuller situation and was doing the whole thoughts and prayers thing. Well then discussing what happened, for whatever reason they just had bring up his troubles with the law and people trying to connect the dots with that, but then said in no way were they saying that was related to what happened and they just don't know at this time until the autopsy is complete.

I mean seriously? Was it even necessary to bring that up? Did that make them feel better to say it in that way? I could see that coming from a fan, but the actual radio hosts. It might not be much, but that had me boiling!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They've had players shoot themselves on accident

Oct 4, 2018, 2:41 PM

so many they always assume it's related

Clemson

That was no accident***

Oct 4, 2018, 2:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: 107.5 pulling a slick one about CJ Fuller

Oct 4, 2018, 2:52 PM

The State (uscjr) paper did the same thing. There was as much or more in the article about the charges as there was about his death.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is simply a matter of telling their audience what they

Oct 4, 2018, 3:00 PM

to hear. The majority of the folks in their market want to hear and believe bad things about CU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is simply a matter of telling their audience what they

Oct 4, 2018, 6:16 PM

Was there not eye witnesses and video evidence of him participating in an armed robbery? Was he not facing a potential 30 year sentence? It’s probably not related, but how can you not expect someone to bring it up?

Oct 4, 2018, 3:03 PM

I have run into 4 people now that say they saw it or heard that he was shot, I told them it was a blood clot or from seizures . It had nothing to do with any trouble. One said “we’ll he got busted for robbing a liquor store the other day” I told him” No he didn’t, he hasn’t been in trouble since May. It’s just depressing that people, no matter who you pull for would smear someone that passed away.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2018, 3:11 PM

I respected C.J. as an athlete. I don't really know anything about His personal life. All I know is who he was on the field. His family is in my prayers. I don't know what happened with the charges and I do not know how he died. I do know that death does not suddenly make someone a saint. Our lives are a book with good chapters and bad. Death does not erase the bad. I think it is distasteful to overly dwell on the bad, but at the same time, I think it is dishonest to attempt to completely erase the bad and pretend they never happened. I think the problem is the Coots relish the bad chapter and try to define C.J. by that single incident.

Oct 4, 2018, 3:16 PM

It's "The Media".......why were you surprised?

Oct 4, 2018, 3:45 PM

orbulus said:

It's "The Media".......why were you surprised?

If coming from CNN or MSNBC....probably shot. Otherwise, it was a blood clot/seizure.

Oct 4, 2018, 3:56 PM

But if TMZ can take the time to get it right....

Are they the new standard in "journalistic excellence "?

Someone told me they read it was complications from surgery

Oct 4, 2018, 4:03 PM

I figured it wasn’t anything to do with homicide because they didn’t release any info. I would think they want the public to know and come forward with any info if it were something of that nature.

They needed something new...

Oct 4, 2018, 4:04 PM

They have grown weary of moaning about Bentley and Muschamp. Our sorrow lifts their deflated spirits.

Re: They needed something new...

Oct 4, 2018, 4:10 PM

One word explains all of this. MEDIA. There existence is right below whale shik

Should be a difference between 'observing' and 'judging'

Oct 4, 2018, 5:16 PM

We're all guilty of it unfortunately.

For example, we can observe that CJ Fuller died. He has family and friends that love him regardless of circumstances.

Judging is when people make assumptions about his life, cause of death, and the 'he brought it upon himself' nonsense. This happens all the time with victim shaming across all spectrums.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 6,435
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic