Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
10 or 11 penalties against KC 1 against TB! Is the game fixed???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

10 or 11 penalties against KC 1 against TB! Is the game fixed???

Feb 7, 2021, 9:13 PM

I say most definitely. 1 penalty against TB . I call BS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorta ... KC fixin' to lose!***

Feb 7, 2021, 9:16 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: 10 or 11 penalties against KC 1 against TB! Is the game fixed???

Feb 7, 2021, 9:18 PM

Have you actually watched the game? These penalties on KC aren’t ticky tack. They’re no doubters. And I have no dog in this fight, I just want to see a close game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually watch the NFL

Feb 7, 2021, 9:20 PM

And KC secondary is very handsy. Not surprised they are getting called. And Tampa bay is almost playing a prevent defense plus it doesn’t help KC that their receivers are dropping wide open passes

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I actually watch the NFL

Feb 8, 2021, 2:22 PM

An article that lends support to my view of the game and the quality of officiating.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2021-super-bowl-patrick-mahomes-mom-calls-out-refs-on-twitter-tags-tom-bradys-wife-gisele-in-tweet/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2021, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: 10 or 11 penalties against KC 1 against TB! Is the game fixed??? ]

Most of them would not be called during the regular season. Even the halftime show guys said the Refs had to much involvement in the game, were calling a lot of unnecessary calls against KC. There is a lot of holding by TB’s LB’s and DB’s Ana a lot of push on both sides.

So you think TB has only committed 1 (one) penalty in over 3 quarters??? ??????

This is a Tom Brady Fix!!!

The refs job was done in the first half. They don’t need to

Feb 7, 2021, 9:45 PM

call any more. Well, maybe worthless make up calls to make the final box stats look more balanced after the game is in hand. Like ACC BB refs do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Feb 7, 2021, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: 10 or 11 penalties against KC 1 against TB! Is the game fixed??? ]

First of all, yes most of those defensive holding calls would have been called during the regular season. But even if not, it doesn’t matter. Those were clear holding calls that seriously impeded the receivers from getting to the ball. So that’s irrelevant either way. KCs secondary is known for just they, being handsy and holding and I’m sure these refs were aware of that. KC can’t make it so obvious.

The offsides on the fg attempt was obvious. So was the offensive holding call. The refs have to call penalties if they see them.

The refs can’t make TB commit fouls, so it really doesn’t matter how many TB had in the first half. Do you remember any they missed? I don’t but I could have missed one.

Feb 7, 2021, 11:41 PM

THIS ****

I don't agree with the 'let the players play" argument. If it's a penalty / foul in the 1st minute, it's a penalty / foul in the last minute.

I don't recall which season, but our DBs had a problem with holding. Dabo had them practice with boxing gloves on, they had to learn correct technique.

Part of Brady's genius at this point in his career is to

Feb 8, 2021, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Re: 10 or 11 penalties against KC 1 against TB! Is the game fixed??? ]

calmly walk over to officials and point out exactly where the defensive holding is happening. He has more than enough cred at this point for them to listen. Then, they make the call the next time they see it. Is it an advantage? You bet your ar$e it is. And, the refs are going to give it to any other QB Brady's age who is still playing at a high level. Oh, wait a minute, THERE AREN"T ANY.

Feb 8, 2021, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: 10 or 11 penalties against KC 1 against TB! Is the game fixed??? ]

At least 1 PI, offensive holding several times, a face mask call missed, and some we both missed. Look back at past NFL games to see where a team had 1 / 5 yard penalty through 3 plus quarters. I say it was a Tom Brady Fix. A defense as bad a TB’s just does not become great overnight without some help from somebody. Maybe official’s??

Feb 8, 2021, 3:05 PM

Ok man now you’re losing all credibility and it seems like you just have an ax to grind.

TB had one of the best defenses in the NFL. They were 6th in total yards per game, 1st in rush defense, 4th in sacks, and 8th in points per game.

TB had 4 penalties in the game, it doesn’t matter when they came (KC only had 1 in the second half, the same amount TB had in the first half). There were SIX teams that averaged 5 or less penalties per game (New England averaged less than 4 penalties per game for the YEAR) so for TB to only have 4 penalties is not unusual at all.

Feb 7, 2021, 9:25 PM

Could and should be a lot worse. They are holding on practically every play.

Feb 7, 2021, 10:00 PM

The game is in TB. What did you think was going to happen. Lol. Possibly Arians last game. Could be Brady's last, but i doubt it.

Feb 7, 2021, 10:04 PM

I call it a butt kicking. Tampa totally dominated the Chiefs backup lineman and Mahomes never had a chance.

Teams that are outmatched tend to commit more penalties***

Feb 8, 2021, 8:20 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Teams that are outmatched tend to commit more penalties***

Feb 8, 2021, 3:06 PM

Bingo!!

I thought some of the PI calls were very questionable***

Feb 8, 2021, 8:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I don't think it mattered at all. The KC OL was completely

Feb 8, 2021, 3:46 PM

over-matched. They got blown out because they got destroyed at the LOS (really on both sides of the ball), not because a few questionable calls went against them.

Feb 8, 2021, 3:46 PM

They knew who was going to win before the kickoff

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic