Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
10/26/74 @ Neyland Stadium vs UT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,360

10/26/74 @ Neyland Stadium vs UT

Dec 1, 2019, 12:55 PM

The Stanley Morgan trick play that day was brought to mind when listening to Saban whine about being tricked by Gus Malzahn/Auburn last nite!
Bunch of us were at the '74 UT game and morgan stepped off the sidelines just before the snap and went long for what was the deciding score in a 29-28 CU loss. we were as pizzed as Saban!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was there. It was basically an illegal formation, as I

Dec 1, 2019, 1:03 PM

recall. In the days before replay/review, or even before most games being televised, SEC home cooking was served on a regular basis. It was particularly bad at UT.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: 10/26/74 @ Neyland Stadium vs UT

Dec 1, 2019, 1:26 PM

We listened to it on the radio in The Dorm. Am I disremembering or did their QB complete a miracle pass while falling backwards as we were sacking him?

Dec 1, 2019, 1:30 PM

Was there also - Billy ... Yes you are correct ... Also pretty sure there were illegal receivers down field on their two point conversion ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Dec 1, 2019, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Re: 10/26/74 @ Neyland Stadium vs UT ]

Yes on the 2 point conversion. There were UT offensive linemen in the end zone thinking the QB Holloway would run. Should have been 15 yard penalty for illegal lineman downfield. We got rooked on the 2 point play big time.

Dec 1, 2019, 1:39 PM

I was at that game and was so mad at what happened I checked out of the hotel and drove back to Myrtle Beach. Had some Vol fans saying the refs screwed Clemson. Couldn't agree more with them. I just couldn't stay there any longer. Also my seats were in the very top row and on the end. Worse seats ever.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2019, 1:46 PM

We were in Gatlinburg and listened to it on the radio. I was never a Morgan fan since he played for Easley against Daniel.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2019, 2:54 PM

Never forget that. It was an illegal play. I was listening on radio.
Jim Phillips was apoplectic over it. Ruined great game by Bennie Cunningham.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,360
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic