Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
#1 Ranked Player of 2022 (a QB) Decommits from UT. Our Turn?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

#1 Ranked Player of 2022 (a QB) Decommits from UT. Our Turn?

Oct 28, 2020, 11:18 PM

Quinn Ewers decommits from Texas. This is yet another nail in Tom Herman's coffin.

He would be the perfect prospect for us to make a major splash here in Texas. He's class of 2022 and would fit right in 2 years after DJ.

Most folks here probably don't care about this but it's a REALLY big deal.

It would cause an earthquake if he chose Clemson and could create a Texas pipeline. Not enough folks down here talk about Clemson. We gotta change that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: #1 Ranked Player of 2022 (a QB) Decommits from UT. Our Turn?

Oct 28, 2020, 11:30 PM

Wow when Herman went there he was Mr Cant Miss but he sure has. I wonder what the deal is at Texas. It started sliding w Mack and the Longhorn Network's start. every year they are proclaimed to be back and they never are

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe kissing the players like he does is not a good thing.***

Oct 29, 2020, 6:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always thought he was a dirtbag and probably wouldn’t make it.***

Oct 29, 2020, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: #1 Ranked Player of 2022 (a QB) Decommits from UT. Our Turn? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2020, 11:30 PM

He just received a ton cbs to OSU on 247. Apparently they came in 2nd the first time around. Long way to go though.

its hard to out bid O31O***

Oct 29, 2020, 8:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2020, 12:02 AM

The guy I want us to get in 2022 is Arch Manning! he is considered hands-down the top prospect and top quarterback in that class! And this is one of the hottest recruiting battles ever! It would be a huge coup for Clemson if we could get him given his Pedegree and growing up in that family and in SEC country!

I have no idea whether he’ll be as good as TL, but getting him to come to Clemson would probably be bigger from a news & publicity standpoint than Trevor!

Oct 29, 2020, 3:07 AM

Arch Manning is 2023.

Oct 29, 2020, 3:57 AM

OK. Thanks!

I was thinking he was a sophomore last year, but I looked it up and saw where he is a sophomore this year! Seems like they’ve been talking about this kid for years, which is crazy when you realize he is only a sophomore. But TL was getting talked about in the eighth and ninth grade too!

Oct 29, 2020, 8:00 AM

Pedigree don’t always pan out.Just saying

True, but a grandfather and two uncles

Oct 29, 2020, 8:02 AM

Are rather strong indicators!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2020, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: #1 Ranked Player of 2022 (a QB) Decommits from UT. Our Turn? ]

Pedegree is up there with the race doesn’t always go to the fastest nor the battle to the strongest, but that’s the way the bet!

If you know anything about horse breeding and racing and about cattle you know that it’s a big business and sperm is very expensive but only from the right stud!

The thing about arch Manning is not only does he have the genetics But he gets to benefit from a grandfather And two uncles that have been extremely successful as his teachers coaches and mentors!

It’s the same with recruiting. Star rankings aren’t perfect but I think we can all agree the teams with the most four and five star recruits are consistently superior to the teams that don’t have four and five star recruits! Doesn’t guarantee success but I’m pretty sure you’re not going to bet against it!

Like Jim Kelly ?***

Oct 29, 2020, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: #1 Ranked Player of 2022 (a QB) Decommits from UT. Our Turn? ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Like Jim Kelly ?***

Oct 29, 2020, 10:04 AM

Jim Kelly was a talented jerk during his playing days and his nephew was a talented jerk during his playing days.

I would say that lined up exactly as expected according to pedigree.

Also the Manning family has a little more class than what we have seen from the Kelly family.

Oct 29, 2020, 10:12 AM

I would love it if this kid gave us a look. I just wanted to say though that I always find it interesting how in situations like this our fans hope that a player considers us after decommitting from another school. However, if a player decommits from us some of those same fans will say that player has poor character because he is all about drama and can't keep his word.

Oct 29, 2020, 10:36 AM

Just to add a different outlook to your very valid point

This kid is de-committing from a Texas team that is falling on its face while none of the Clemson commits who have started to look around can point to on-field performance as a reason for de-committing.

I can completely understand a young man having second thoughts about his college choice if the school he commits to appears to he headed in the wrong direction internally and on the field.

Oct 29, 2020, 10:44 AM

The kid I REALLY would love for Clemson to get is Ty Simpson! This kid is legit. Already got a CB from Anna H too. Go Tigers!! Beat BC!!

Oct 29, 2020, 1:43 PM

We just stole another lineman from Ohio. Now we need to steal Ewers from Ohio State.

That said, Ty Simpson wouldn't be a bad fallback position.

I doubt he'll commit without an offer lol

Oct 29, 2020, 1:49 PM

And we've already offered two QBs for 2022. He could always get a late one I guess.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic