Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
1) D. Watson wasn’t good enough for UGA? 2)HOW did Watson not win...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

1) D. Watson wasn’t good enough for UGA? 2)HOW did Watson not win...

Jan 4, 2020, 10:36 PM

the Heisman?

Just unreal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1) D. Watson wasn’t good enough for UGA? 2)HOW did Watson not win...

Jan 4, 2020, 10:43 PM

It’s not that UGA didn’t recruit or offer him. He chose Clemson. He wasn’t coveting a UGA offer or something. Clemson University>Georgia. And yes he should have won the heisman, bUt it is a regular season award and Lamar Jackson won it because of his stats against UNC-Charlotte in their first season as an FBS team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2020, 10:45 PM

Yeah, 7 TDs against UNC Charlotte and a few other highly overmatched opponents did the trick. Although in fairness, he played a heck of a game late against us.

Jan 4, 2020, 10:46 PM

Who won?

Pretty sure Lamar cried the loudest from Ben's headlock***

Jan 4, 2020, 10:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the better team***

Jan 5, 2020, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: 1) D. Watson wasn’t good enough for UGA? 2)HOW did Watson not win... ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2020, 10:49 PM [ in reply to Re: 1) D. Watson wasn’t good enough for UGA? 2)HOW did Watson not win... ]

I think Jackson won it that game he ran all over Syracuse and hurdled a would be tackler. ESPN played that on a continuous loop. And I’m thinking that was maybe one of their first four or five games

Jan 5, 2020, 7:31 AM [ in reply to Re: 1) D. Watson wasn’t good enough for UGA? 2)HOW did Watson not win... ]

I've got a hunch we are more upset about it than he is now.

Jan 5, 2020, 7:24 AM

DW4 is a prime example of why the Heisman should be voted on after the last game is played.

Jan 5, 2020, 9:08 AM

They still give out the Heisman?

Jan 5, 2020, 10:00 AM

Ikr

Jan 5, 2020, 9:16 AM

Enough with D. Watson....he was great but not half as good as what we have now...tough..hell yes, great QB..of course! This kid now has a better arm, better manager and seems to run at least as well and he's just a sophomore! Won the natty as a freshman against the Pachyderm GOAT and did it with poise and grace...Watson is a Texan now not at Clemson...enough with 'old times there are not forgotten', lets move forward...we have lots of great players to praise and many more NATTYs to win in the future! If the best is yet to come....lets live with that! Dabo coaches forward not behind but some of you have your behinds in front of you! Give it a rest!

Re: Give it a rest!

Jan 5, 2020, 9:20 AM

Um Hierster, maybe you should log out til you've had your coffee? Some of us like to keep up with our fellow alumni.

Re: Give it a rest!

Jan 5, 2020, 9:51 AM

Agree with you about keeping up with fellow Alumni but this seems to border on Watson worship and is not healthy (in my humble opinion) for a team that hopes to win multiple NATTYs in the next few years with other great QB's and great teams...We still have the greatest coaches and a program that everyone should want to copy! Just so you know the war is over and we lost...but Clemson is still winning!

There’s no way that you...

Jan 5, 2020, 12:47 PM

are a real Clemson fan... because no real Clemson fan would say something like that about him. Recent bandwagon fan, maybe... if so, you’re pathetic. Go back to Jersey or wherever you came from and leave us alone.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, there is no way a true Clemson fan forgets

Jan 5, 2020, 1:45 PM

DW4. The dude brought us the first natty in 34 years of mediocrity. Anyone who doesn’t revere that is a fool.

Also, we are talking about because it’s the subject of the OP.

The eighties were not mediocre years

Jan 5, 2020, 2:26 PM

The early 80’s were tainted by probation, but we were still a strong program, especially in the mid to late 80’s. That was a time when no one wanted to play Clemson. We beat some very good teams (Penn State, Oklahoma, FSU) dominated the ACC and the coots. We had some great players during those years.

yes , I know. No room to break down every year in my post

Jan 5, 2020, 4:40 PM

Still doesn’t change the fact that no natty in 34 years till dw4 to hr13.

Jan 5, 2020, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: 1) D. Watson wasn’t good enough for UGA? 2)HOW did Watson not win... ]

Once a Tiger always a tiger. I often think about a lot of great plays and players that were at Clemson and will continue to do so. Sorry you want to abandon them as soon as they leave the campus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2020, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: 1) D. Watson wasn’t good enough for UGA? 2)HOW did Watson not win... ]

Watson is not half as good as Lawrence? HALF!? You couldn’t be more wrong.

Spoken like a true Johnny come lately "fan"

Jan 5, 2020, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: 1) D. Watson wasn’t good enough for UGA? 2)HOW did Watson not win... ]

Apparently his Clemson days aren't forgotten by the NFL broadcast team. Was awesome to see DW throw the winning TD to HR again on national TV last night.

As a newbie Tnetter, do you have any other words of wisdom for us?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2020, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: 1) D. Watson wasn’t good enough for UGA? 2)HOW did Watson not win... ]

Watson will always be a tiger unlike you. Your feathers are showing may want to tuck them in.

UGA Offense at the time didn't really favor DW4.

Jan 5, 2020, 10:00 AM

Similar to Fields

Clemson

Jan 5, 2020, 12:43 PM

Which would y'all rather have - Heismans or Nattys ??

Jan 5, 2020, 1:37 PM

Winning the Heisman is basically like winning an election. You have to spend millions on marketing, lobbying, and shady deals with ESPN to get one of your players the honor. I am proud that Clemson chooses not to participate. An award you have to market yourself for is no award at all. It is no wonder it has the reputation of being the kiss of death for a player's pro career.

Jan 5, 2020, 1:56 PM

I see alot of posts about how the Heisman is a joke followed by "I can't believe DW didn't win it". It's been 3-4 years and Deshaun was beat out by Derrick Henry, Christian McCaffrey, and Lamar Jackson. Given what those three and Watson have accomplished, can we at least agree nobody was robbed and that those are 4 pretty incredible players? I wish DW4 had won too, but the Natty's and CFP's are much better

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic