Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
0.04%
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

0.04%

Aug 8, 2020, 11:21 PM

Why in the heck would anyone cancel anything ever in the history of time because of a 0.04% chance of dying?

Has everyone absolutely lost the ever loving minds?

For you fact checking liberals...
162k deaths / 350M ppl in US = 0.04% chance that any person dies from this made up over reported over blown BS.

I’m guessing those odds are closer to absolut zero for a twenty year old super fit college athlete.

Just let the dems ruin everything I guess.

Stay in your house with a mask on and wait for a vaccine for the 0.04% killer.

SUPER DANGEROUS!

Seriously. What is wrong with you people?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s all about forcing “mail in” voting.

Aug 8, 2020, 11:26 PM

The democraps know that fraud is their only chance to win the election.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YeP, at my age (79.3) there’s a 90% chance I can’t have a

Aug 8, 2020, 11:40 PM

good BM every day especially if I eat lots of cheese & no fiber for bulk.

LOL but life is tough.

PS: That 0.04 would be cut by 80-90% for young healthy football players. Saying, probably safer playing ball under strict safety guidelines than driving their car home long distance to visit family.

Saying.. it’s about liability, responsibility, fear, no one with guts (well, some players do), the unknown, lawsuits, etc.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s all about forcing “mail in” voting.

Aug 9, 2020, 12:31 AM [ in reply to It’s all about forcing “mail in” voting. ]

Fraud is the only way trump can win the election and he has built a strong enough swamp (Barr, et al) that he has a chance to pull it off.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s all about forcing “mail in” voting.

Aug 9, 2020, 12:46 AM

Sucks when your candidate is too stupid to rig an election .... but gave it the old college try. Do you remember ole Bill and Loretta Lynch accidentally winding up at the same airport at the same time ..... didn't think so?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 0.04%

Aug 8, 2020, 11:46 PM

It’s the leftist way of swYing an election. It has absolutely nothing to do with safety and everting to do with denying trump another 4 years. I’m all for safety but you mask loving nut jobs used to walk into Zaxbys a year ago. Not wash hands and stick your dirty chubby fingers in your mouth while you eat fried chicken. Now you’re all health experts. This has gone to far. Stand up and fight back or they will litteraly burn It all to ground. He will win again by a landslide so call your local blue koolaid chugging rep and give em a big populist thanks. ????

Aug 9, 2020, 12:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2020, 11:56 PM

The Killer Hornets are coming in as Plan B.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a lot less than that for well-conditioned 20-year-olds

Aug 9, 2020, 12:00 AM

using conditional probability.

Aug 9, 2020, 12:09 AM

Pretty simple.

If a Republicans in the W.H., liberals demand 100% assurance that they will never get sick and must not die before the date of their choosing

If a Democrats in office, you die when the liberals decide you cant be taxed anymore until your dead

Aug 9, 2020, 12:14 AM

I think things have gotten very political but your reasoning for that math is insanely stupid. There’s no doubt stuff has been overblown by the left, but the mortality rate of this virus is not 0.04%...the official number is something like 3.5% but I’m sure that’s inflated because there are many people who never even show symptoms. Even if we were to inflate the total cases by 10x, it’s still more than 13 times higher than what you’re trying to frame.

Here’s the problem: while I firmly believe the democrats are doing things to make this seem worse than it is, people like you, who are firmly planting your head in the ground just to spite their claims, are making things much worse! It may not be as bad as they say, but globally over 700,000 people have died from this particular virus. You don’t have to believe every word that the democrats say, but put your fcking mask on and keep your distance if you want to have football.

The democrats, who are making this into a political issue, are certainly part of the problem...but you, as someone who’s trying to pass the virus off as a giant farse, are just as big of a problem!

Aug 9, 2020, 12:37 AM

88.04% of the anti mask crowd are actually Russian trolls successfully dividing and conquering clueless Americans. Sad.

Aug 9, 2020, 12:53 AM

Ugh, enough with the Russia thing.

You get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!

The unfortunate truth is that Americans are screwing Americans over through a large pipeline of misinformation and giving people what they WANT to hear instead of what they NEED to hear. This goes for both sides. The left will listen to MSNBC & CNN and all they will think is that Trump is a pawn who is being controlled by the ####### HAPLESS Russians. On the right, listening to Fox & Breitbart and unfortunately a lot more unsavory sources than the left (somehow this is true despite CNN being a complete dumpster fire), you’ll believe that the left is a bunch of Commies who are foolishly carrying out China’s plan for world domination.

Coincidentally, both China & Russia are allies who hate the USA...maybe there’s something to all this and they’re working together to #### us all over. The Russians manipulating the right, and the Chinese manipulating the left. No matter what the situation, the anger is all misplaced and America is worse off because of it.

If democrats are to blame, then who forced the rest

Aug 9, 2020, 1:57 AM [ in reply to Re: 0.04% ]

of the world to shut down? Australian democrats? Singapore democrats? Italian democrats? Spanish democrats? Paraguayan and Uruguayan democrats? Iranian democrats? Chinese democrats? Philippine democrats? New Zealand Democrats? Swiss and Dutch democrats? British democrats? Turkish democrats? Israeli democrats? Indian democrats? German democrats? Russian democrats? List goes on and on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If democrats are to blame, then who forced the rest

Aug 9, 2020, 2:10 AM

Exactly. It's nuts what some people will believe.

Aug 9, 2020, 2:14 AM [ in reply to If democrats are to blame, then who forced the rest ]

Did you even read my post?

I never said the Democrats are to blame for all the problems we’re experiencing, I only suggested that they may be over-doing it at times to embellish just how hard it has hit the US...at the same time, I said that people like the poster I was responding to was making things much worse because everything about this virus is legit and that people like him are letting their politics drive them so far in the opposite direction that they don’t think the virus even exists.

I fully acknowledged that there is an enormous problem that we’re facing at a global level. I do believe that it’s still possible for political agendas to become involved and make things worse, but that doesn’t downplay the seriousness of the problem at hand.

Aug 9, 2020, 2:26 AM

Tiggity is on your same page.

Yeah, was a rhetorical question.***

Aug 9, 2020, 9:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, was a rhetorical question.***

Aug 9, 2020, 4:02 PM

Whoops, my bad

Aug 10, 2020, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: 0.04% ]

700,000 divided by 9,500.000,000 is

0.07%.

By your math that is the total not 3.5%

150k americans dead. That’s nothing

Aug 9, 2020, 2:04 AM

Remember 9/11 when 3k died?

Re: 150k americans dead. That’s nothing

Aug 9, 2020, 6:02 AM

Remember 9/11?

Seems most in New York and the rest of the country have forgot what happened on 9/11 as the ones who rushed in to save the lives of anyone they could reach are now being spit on and told their all racist murderers.

Didn't mean to hijack your agenda driven remembrance though

PDNY & FDNY are all being called racist murderers? Who knew?***

Aug 9, 2020, 7:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2020, 4:05 AM

You numbers are completely wrong! You are assuming the entire country has already gotten the virus. Currently there are 5 million cases

If you go just by the currently reported cases:
162,000 divide by 5 million = 3.24% Death rate

But those are just reported if there is more cases like 10 million people already:
162,000 divide by 10 million = 1.62% Death rate

Or if 35,000,000 have already had it (1/10th of pop):
162,000 diodes by 35 million = .46%

The did Antibody testing in Italy and that indicated that roughly 1.5 million Italians had COVID-19, so that mortality rate is 2.3%
They are predicting another 150,000 in the US will die by the end of the year at the rate we are going. So if it runs rampant it will be devastating. That is a lot of people. And it's so strange to me why people act the way they do about mask wearing and social distancing.
It has nothing to do with democrats that is just an ill-informed comment. In fact it seems it is right wing people that are against all these rules but you are killing a lot of good people. We always say "Who do you want in a foxhole with you?" That is someone who has my back and I got theirs, understands the seriousness of the situation/threat and is not a fuck-ing #######. Which person are you?

Aug 9, 2020, 4:50 AM

Nailed it, LtCol.

Aug 9, 2020, 5:28 AM [ in reply to Re: 0.04% ]

LtCol, you can’t argue with these people. Like Mark Twain said, don’t argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2020, 4:48 AM

162k is probably way too generous as some have died from something else and they put Covid as the cause of death.

Aug 10, 2020, 4:10 AM

So every coroner and doctor in the country is engaged in some grand conspiracy to increase the death statistics, is that your theory? Give me a break, because that is what it would take.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2020, 5:30 AM [ in reply to Re: 0.04% ]

Then what did they die of?

If COVID deaths were being statistically mis-attributed, we'd see a massive difference in the number of deaths our actuarial tables would have said we should have, right?

Actually it goes the other way. The medical community says the number of higher-than-expected deaths is WORSE than the COVID numbers...meaning we're probably actually undercounting COVID deaths, not the other way around.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2767980

Unless CNN and MSNBC tell me what to do

Aug 9, 2020, 7:27 AM

I’m not doing it.

We all should wait until CNN and MSNBC tell us what to do.

Aug 9, 2020, 7:32 AM

Correction...that’s 350 million DOCUMENTED people in the US. The actual population is closer to 380 since the presumption is 30+ undocumented people live here also. So it’s a bit lower.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2020, 8:57 AM

88.4% of the anti mask folks can’t do basic math (RunJumpCatch) and therefore think we should fully open up are actually Russian trolls (not RunJumpCatch) that are successfully dividing and conquering clueless Americans. Sad.

They are just plain illegals and it's closer to 50 mil than

Aug 9, 2020, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Re: 0.04% ]

30 million now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They are just plain illegals and it's closer to 50 mil than

Aug 9, 2020, 6:59 PM

Wow, better build a wall, oh no, never mind, they’re building a wall to keep covid infected gringos out of their country. I hear trump is gonna pay for it.

I really hope you don’t have a job in analytics or anything

Aug 9, 2020, 6:55 PM

where your company relies on you to do math.

It is really disgusting how idiots like you associate

Aug 9, 2020, 7:42 PM

yourself with my University.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Aug 9, 2020, 8:12 PM

I don't like it, but I do understand it.

My son is a D1 player - not Clemson. He went came home after Spring practice was scrubbed and went back in July. He faced a 10-day mandatory quarantine, tested negative, and went back to workouts.

Then the girl's volleyball team had themselves a party...and the entire team ended up testing positive. And of course, there were football players at that party...and the next thing you know it was running through the football team at a wondrous rate; something like 40+ players either tested positive or showed symptoms (there was some weirdness with the tests, they weren't sure of a lot of the results. A lot of those tests are flat garbage.)

Most of the players were asymptomatic or had very mild symptoms. My son was the one exception. He was very sick for a week and almost wound up in the hospital a couple times. They did an EKG to make sure his heart wasn't damaged and also ran tests on his lungs. Thankfully, he did end up being okay...but it was touch and go for awhile. And this is a kid with the immune system of a moose who has hardly been sick in his life...and he's also blood type O, supposedly less vulnerable to COVID. Go figure.

But what if he hadn't been fine? I can tell you it freaked us out, more than a little. And all it takes is one severe case that winds up with heart damage or permanent lung damage, and that's a massive lawsuit, that already cash-strapped athletic programs simply can't afford. And if a player actually dies of COVID their families will end up owning the University; every ambulance chaser across America would be circling to take that case.

This isn't about politics at all. This is, IMHO, purely about the presidents' concern over liability...and I also suspect there's a financial motivation in play as well. For Fall season most places are talking 20%-40% capacity, max. That's a lot of gate the colleges aren't making. By Spring a vaccine could be in play, the bug is likely to be on the decline, and the colleges might well be able to fill some stadiums again.

So as always, I think it's ultimately about the money.

Aug 10, 2020, 4:19 AM

I am so happy that your son is on the mend, and avoided the potential long term effects of the virus. That is what I worry about as a parent.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic