Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spoiled fanbase....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

Spoiled fanbase....

Sep 28, 2019, 6:57 PM

A few years ago, we’d have loved a win like this, but no more. We get everyone’s best shot and lost a ton of guys off the national champ team, but it’s NEVER good enough for our fans.

We won... period... go hug someone and drink and stop your b*tching.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Difference in a few years ago? Way too much talent on

Sep 28, 2019, 7:00 PM

this team compared to those years you're referring to. This year's we just wanted a win. This team is playing for a national title.

You mean YOUNG talent and we’re

Sep 28, 2019, 7:07 PM

Still playing for a national title. Good grief.

Re: You mean YOUNG talent and we’re

Sep 28, 2019, 7:08 PM

We have a veteran OL that can’t run block!

Re: You mean YOUNG talent and we’re

Sep 28, 2019, 10:39 PM

We were getting 4 - 5 yards a carry and would then call a pass and get behind the chains. The O Line and running game never got in rhythm.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We averaged 4 yards per carry. Not flashy, but not the end

Sep 29, 2019, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Re: You mean YOUNG talent and we’re ]

of the world either. Dumb penalties are a much bigger issue than run blocking. Also we made zero attempt to commit to the run at any point.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually - I think we were at 5 per carry when

Sep 29, 2019, 9:40 AM

You just look at designed runs. The sacks/busted pass plays w Trevor should come out.

Offense is not young. Veteran line, TL, ETN, and WR's

Sep 28, 2019, 7:12 PM [ in reply to You mean YOUNG talent and we’re ]

have enough experience to not use young as an excuse for lack of execution

Last week fans were complaining...

Sep 28, 2019, 7:15 PM [ in reply to You mean YOUNG talent and we’re ]

that the first team wasn’t getting enough playing. So, they fixed that. Can’t please these guys.

Re: Last week fans were complaining...

Sep 28, 2019, 10:33 PM

Honestly, that may be something the staff wants to look at. TL is still young. The offense seemed rusty and out of sync. This could be a product of not enough live reps through the first 5 games. And playing only 1 quarter last week?

Developing depth and young talent is important, but do not do it at the expense of getting the first teams fine tuned.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Last week fans were complaining...

Sep 29, 2019, 9:44 AM

You would be the first to B itch if the starters got hurt

Re: Difference in a few years ago? Way too much talent on

Sep 28, 2019, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Difference in a few years ago? Way too much talent on ]

We have 80 freshman and sophomores. Talent, yes, but we get everyone’s best shot every time. Clearly there’s a TON to fix, I’m just saying WE WON. Talk play calling, penalties, etc., but don’t act like we should cover the spread every week or else the team and coaches are disappointments.

I’ll take 5-0 without enough style points.

Sep 29, 2019, 2:05 AM

ONE point more than the other team will always be a win, and I will take it and being 5-0 any day but, we came one play and just a few very short yards of losing to a team that lost to Wake Forest and Miami, with their only two wins to a 2-3 coot team that has only beat Charleston Southern and a 2-3 Kentucky team that has only beat Toledo and Eastern Michigan. Yes I'll take the 1 point and be very glad that we have it in our rear view mirror. But we are still talking about the #1 team in the country that came 1 down, 1 play, and a very short few yards of losing to a very bad UNCheat team that hasn't beaten anybody that has beat anybody, but yet a lot of our fans are making excuses to why we almost lost. There is more to fix than I believe some believe that we need to fix. We can say we were in this same situation last year, but we really wasn't, we won all 15 games last year, and come close to losing with our starting QB out the game, and it was to a a very good 9-3 Syracuse who only loss to us, ND, and Pitt in OT...

If whatever our problems are that showed up today isn't fixed quick, we are looking at possibly not making it to the playoffs, and if we do, we will lose in the first round, and the excuses and blasting the fans that are very concerned about what we saw today will seem like a horrible joke come November, or December, and January won't even be a discussion other than what if!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have 52 scholarship Fresh and Soph including the ones

Sep 29, 2019, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Difference in a few years ago? Way too much talent on ]

that are redshirting. 80 sounds good, but everybody has a bunch of walk-ons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2019, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Difference in a few years ago? Way too much talent on ]

We have 80 freshman and sophomores. Talent, yes, but we get everyone’s best shot every time. Clearly there’s a TON to fix, I’m just saying WE WON. Talk play calling, penalties, etc., but don’t act like we should cover the spread every week or else the team and coaches are disappointments.

I’ll take 5-0 without enough style points.

Sep 28, 2019, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Difference in a few years ago? Way too much talent on ]

Gees dude, we lost 6 defensive dudes to the NFL, won the natty, and have 80 Freshmen and Sophmores, and you think we should clobber every team we play? FYI, UNC played with heart today and Clemson did NOT. We still won! ### do you want, blow out every team? It's not realistic!

Re: Spoiled fanbase....

Sep 28, 2019, 7:09 PM

I know the standard has changed and all but watching this game at Carolina ale house in Greenville was almost unbearable. I can’t help but think either Clemson fans have become much more whiny or we have a huge amount of bandwagon fans. There is no way these people would have been able to make it through Clemson in the 90’s and early 2000s.

Sep 28, 2019, 7:12 PM

Johnny come lately fans. Not true believers. Have not suffered.

Get outta here with that. Today was ugly, this isn’t 2002 and

Sep 28, 2019, 7:18 PM

this game felt exactly like that. It happens, usually due in large part to I’ll prepared week. And we have a bye coming up, no excuse whatsoever for today. Carolina missed many chances on underthrown wide open receivers today. Do not watch this game over, just throw it the hell away

Re: Get outta here with that. Today was ugly, this isn’t 2002 and

Sep 28, 2019, 7:23 PM

Ok today was ugly. I never said it wasn’t but you can’t play perfect every Saturday. We got the W and Clemson. Will grow from this game so chill out and enjoy the football season.

Sep 28, 2019, 11:07 PM [ in reply to Get outta here with that. Today was ugly, this isn’t 2002 and ]

It's ok, go kick your dog and burn some leaves. We'll be fine and crush FSU in 2 weeks.

In 2002 if we had made that many mistakes we

Sep 29, 2019, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Get outta here with that. Today was ugly, this isn’t 2002 and ]

would have lost by 17.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2019, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Get outta here with that. Today was ugly, this isn’t 2002 and ]

Did you just watch one side of the game. Clemson played terribly with missed field goal, procedures, fumble and missed pass for TD... and still won. Whiney fans like you can go pull for the coots

Sep 28, 2019, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Spoiled fanbase.... ]

Yep. This is heaven compared to the Hatfield and West years.

Sep 28, 2019, 7:10 PM

It wouldn’t be natural to not want more. This team has all the makings to be great but have a lot to work on. If you don’t see that you’re living in a world full of sunshine and rainbows. Glad to have a win but definitely not there best effort.

Sep 28, 2019, 7:10 PM

Agreed man. I enjoyed the game today. I like watching good football games. These people who demand perfection every week ruin it.

Sep 28, 2019, 7:18 PM

"I like watching good football games"

LOL. LOL. LOL. LOL.

Sep 28, 2019, 7:11 PM

Amen brother.

THIS!!!!***

Sep 28, 2019, 7:11 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you honestly think Clemson is same team as 5 or 10 years ago

Sep 28, 2019, 7:14 PM

I’m pretty sure the talent gap is as big as it was today on the field. Fanbase can think/feel disappointed in a game that was a 28 point favorite. Today was very possibly 2 yards from an L. I’m not overtly excited about that ?????

Re: Do you honestly think Clemson is same team as 5 or 10 years ago

Sep 28, 2019, 7:16 PM

They are not robots. On the road against a well coached team with nothing to lose. Not surprised at all that it was a battle. We have one or two every year in the ACC and then we go out and demolish the best of the Big 12 or Big 10.

The talking heads like to ignore that.

snowflake fanbase....

Sep 28, 2019, 7:16 PM

I bet you weren't a fan a couple years ago.

#### off, bitching is what got us rid of Bowden

Sep 28, 2019, 7:17 PM

and every other coaching change. This team coached and played like ####. We walked out a win because we have 2 heisman contenders and a more talented roster, though you couldn’t tell it. #### poor play calling and self inflicted penalties all #### day.

We’re #### lucky we only played a team that won 2 games last year because had we played Bama or a top team they would have crushed us convincingly.

Re: #### off, bitching is what got us rid of Bowden

Sep 28, 2019, 7:23 PM

You’re one of those guys at your kids games too. Lighten up Francis... go be a Bama fan, they don’t celebrate wins either unless they’re “good enough for the fanbase and coach”.

One thing to keep in mind... impatient bitching is almost what got rid of Dabo early on as well. Put the 2016 & 2018 Natty DVRs on and go pet your dog instead of kicking him.

Sep 28, 2019, 7:24 PM [ in reply to #### off, bitching is what got us rid of Bowden ]

Really. The Tigers played like garbage against the chickens last year. Our D got gashed. But can you remind me how we finished off the year playing against say Alabama.

Sep 28, 2019, 10:28 PM

you talking bout that game we won by 21, right? Scored like, i dunno, over 50, right?

Sep 28, 2019, 11:09 PM [ in reply to #### off, bitching is what got us rid of Bowden ]

go kick your dog and burn some leaves. We'll be fine and crush FSU in 2 weeks.

Sep 29, 2019, 2:51 PM [ in reply to #### off, bitching is what got us rid of Bowden ]

We didn't play bama, and if we did we would have won just like last year when we beat the snot out of the so-called greatest college football team ever. If frogs had wings... and you wouldn't be a so-called Clemson fan, but one can only wish. We won, get over it. Who has bama played?

Exactly... 2 years ago, we lose this game. This new generation...

Sep 28, 2019, 7:21 PM

GO TIGERS! GREAT WIN!

I'm immune to being "spoiled"

Sep 28, 2019, 7:22 PM

Having been raised below the poverty level, and being pretty well off now, I would still be okay if I lost everything. Not happy, but I could cope with it because I've been there. Until I got married and had kids of my own, I was not aware that kids are supposed to have birthday parties. I always found it odd when office co-workers wanted to recognize my birthday. I had no idea why someone would do that.

The same applies to football. I was there when CLEMSON did well to avoid being the WORST team in the ACC, and watching Bama beat the ever-loving crap out of us. I'm enjoying the awesome run we're on right now, but if we lose a lot, I could cope with it. I would not like it, but I would not act "spoiled".

Sep 28, 2019, 10:37 PM

Yep. A wIn is a win. We played bad. UNC played the game of their life at home. We won.

Sep 28, 2019, 10:48 PM

I agree,I was watching every game in1998 when we were getting our brains beat out. I love us winning games by 1 or 100

Sep 28, 2019, 10:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Spoiled fanbase.... ]

I think less than two years ago we lost to Bama playing the same way. I’ll take the W anytime. I bet y’all birdie every hole In golf, make every free throw and bowl strikes every time. Probably fuss after sex too. Get over it! Count your blessings.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its called reality..with our talent

Sep 28, 2019, 10:51 PM

and coaches we should be dusting a team like unc and not winning by one point..its not spoiled its called expecting the best week in and week out..remember best is the standard.

Re: its called reality..with our talent

Sep 28, 2019, 11:03 PM

They are kids. They make mistakes. Veteran OL make mistakes. Just as much as rookies. These are growing pains. We have two weeks to prepare and get ready for FSU. They will fix their problems. It’s september. Now if it was December doing this we would have a problem.

Re: its called reality..with our talent

Sep 28, 2019, 11:09 PM

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
A tough ACC game has confronted CLEMSON the past 4 seasons. I'm good with the 2 CFB Championships the past 4 years, with a darn good opportunity to add another one.

Sep 29, 2019, 3:25 AM

We got a wake up call and still won. Just what we needed !

Sep 29, 2019, 8:09 AM

Not long ago and , The Tigers lost many close games. Talented they are , but they are babies 80 fresh, soph. They will not blow every one out. Teams are gunning for them . Being number 1 puts a mark on you. I can't remember the last time the Tigers lost. I'm happy about that. Since 77' . I have seen some losses , Heartbreakers. Some beatdowns. So for you bandwagon fans stop the complaining. Be All In. Be thankful for the win . That game will help our babies grow and catch up with their talent. 5-0 , Go Tigers. I'm enjoying the ride!!

Sep 29, 2019, 8:39 AM

The Tigers are young and will improve. UNC started a freshman QB who played well! They aren’t exactly a seasoned team loaded with five stars!

Sep 29, 2019, 9:46 AM

POTD......Go Tigers!!!!!

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic