Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rather play ND in ACC championship or CFP?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,739

Rather play ND in ACC championship or CFP?

Nov 28, 2020, 10:45 PM

The ACC has let it be known they will declare a champ with or without the ACC championship game..

The CFP will announce final pairings on Dec 20..if for some reason the ACC championship can’t be played on the 19th . .. then it won’t be played...

So....assuming the season is completed and we both win out ..., ND finishes 2nd in CFP and we finish 3rd...

Would you rather skip the ACC championship (due to a yet unforeseen circumstance) and face ND in the CFP? Or the ACC championship?

Logically - in this weird Covid season ....it’s probably better to just play in the semifinal...

But personally I can’t stomach the thought of ND winning the ACC and hope the tigers can knock them off before the CFP..

What do you prefer?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rather play ND in ACC championship or CFP?

Nov 28, 2020, 10:47 PM

Prefer beating ND in ACCCG.

No way do we want ND getting an ACC Championship trophy by not playing.

Our backups took them to 2OT, at home. They are not the best team in the conference. If Ian Book is out with COVID they must be forced to play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 28, 2020, 10:50 PM

Prefer beating ND in ACCCG.

No way do we want ND getting an ACC Championship trophy by not playing.

Our backups took them to 2OT at home. They are not the best team in the conference.

I will ??% agree

thing i am wondering say notre dame cant play

Nov 28, 2020, 10:48 PM

the acc title game due to covid..does that count as a forfeit meaning we both have the same record and share the conference title? that scenario will put the committee in a bind especially if florida were to beat bama close

Nov 28, 2020, 11:01 PM

TLDR, Clemson beats that hack squad next meet.
Nigh Nigh.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2020, 11:07 PM

The ACC Championship game

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Nov 28, 2020, 11:38 PM

Both

Nov 29, 2020, 12:04 AM

I would prefer we beat them by a touchdown in the ACC Championship. Then the seeding might look something like this:
1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. Ohio St
4. Notre Dame

Then we play Notre Dame again for the Natty and beat them by 4 touchdowns. Dream scenario.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have 2 teams ever played 3 times in one season?

Nov 29, 2020, 12:20 AM

That would be extremely weird especially considering
the shortened season due to Covid. Clemson will
probably play somewhere between 11 to 14 games this
season; crazy to think that about one-fourth of them
could be against ND.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would be much better in the CFP

Nov 29, 2020, 12:12 AM

IMO, ND is clearly inferior to Alabama and Ohio State. They are the easiest CFP opponent possible. If Tyler, Skalski and Mike Jones all play in the rematch, we would beat them convincingly.

Who gives a care about the ACC championship trophy? Let them have it. Smacking ND down again in the CFP would be the equivalent of breaking that trophy on their heads.

The ACC doesn't mean a thing to me. It's just a step-ladder for Clemson football team to make the CFP and win national championships.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,739
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic