Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rashan Gary - good overview
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 3,798

Rashan Gary - good overview

Jan 27, 2016, 2:58 PM

Clemson

Clemson has a proven track record of recruiting top-flight defensive linemen, so Gary’s interest seemed only natural. He has family that lives a stone’s throw from campus and really likes the people, players and coaches. Brent Venables and the defensive staff have done a tremendous job of making it clear that Gary should be a Clemson Tiger. Two things concern Gary and his family as they head into their final official visit.

The first is whether or not the coaching staff is stable. There is some concern that one of the defensive coaches could leave for another job. The second concern is playing time. Former five-star Christian Wilkins had a breakout freshman season and Clemson also has a commitment from this year’s Rivals100 No. 2 prospect Dexter Lawrence, a defensive tackle from North Carolina. The way the Clemson staff responds to those questions will go a long way to determining if they have a real shot at landing Gary’s commitment and making sure this last official visit isn’t just a glorified trip to see family.

https://n.rivals.com/news/to-the-wire-latest-news-on-no-1-rashan-gary

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rashan Gary - good overview

Jan 27, 2016, 3:00 PM

"There is some concern that one of the defensive coaches could leave for another job. "

What ?

Jan 27, 2016, 3:05 PM

I assume they're talking about Venables, but I could be wrong. There's constant media speculation of him accepting a HC job

Jan 27, 2016, 3:20 PM

Everybody knows that the stability of great program is keeping your coaching staff together. And I think that Dabo and Clemson would match any price for Hobby or Brooks. And Brent Venables ain't going any where bc he has stated many times how happy he is at Clemson, that he is making enough money at a place that he would work at for less money. I believe he is cemented at Clemson!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good except for the questioning the staff's stability.

Jan 27, 2016, 3:29 PM

I don't know Venables or Hobby very well, but do speak to Coach Brooks an a weekly basis. During our last conversation, coincidently, he told me how happy he and all of the staff are here at Clemson.

Not sure where that guy's information came from, but I'm sure that any questions that the family may have will certainly be answered during the visit.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good except for the questioning the staff's stability.

Jan 27, 2016, 3:39 PM

I am certainly the dumbest jerk on Tnet but I have a strange feeling that the number one prospect in America would probably find his way onto the playing field rather quickly! But what do I know?

Jan 27, 2016, 3:42 PM

I'm pretty dumb as well. I live in Virginia and have no connections or insider info. Thank you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2016, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Good except for the questioning the staff's stability. ]

Gary's ability to learn the play book will be the key to when he will play!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Adam Friedman is turning out to be a complete chode.***

Jan 27, 2016, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Good except for the questioning the staff's stability. ]

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Adam Friedman is turning out to be a complete chode.***

Jan 27, 2016, 5:07 PM

He is a Usuck graduate. So yes, he reeks of choadetude...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Misinformation most likely from other schools' recruiters

Jan 27, 2016, 5:16 PM [ in reply to Good except for the questioning the staff's stability. ]

Some will do or say anything to get an advantage with a recruit, as we well know.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 27, 2016, 3:47 PM

If R Gary were to commit to the Tigers he would be playing with two other 5 star and a 4 star on the defensive line. Michigan has not recruited even a 4 star DL since 2013 and he is no longer on the roster. He would have only 3 star recruits to help him.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2016, 5:50 PM

Sometime all you have to do is help a person feel at ease.He will not find a more functional and therefore comfortable group of Coaches and Players than Clemson.Now the Logistics.Young people feel more comfortable with easy access to Parents,which explains why you get a large number of players from the area within 300 miles.Clemson has a ace in the hole with Mr.Gary.Amtrak has the crescent which runs from N.Y. to New Orleans with a stop in Greenville S.C..I do not fly so naturally the train is my choice for long trips.The Crescent has wonderful food,large comfortable seats or sleeper cars with private rooms and baths.Very retro 70s but very cool.The stop in New Jersey is near his home and the stop in Greenville is on top of Clemson.Easy Logistics.I love the train,the sites along the way,the Engineer calling out the towns as you pass.Mom could step onto the Train and be rested when she arrived on game day.Mr. Gary as one of the fans I look forward to seeing you in Orange.We will welcome you like Family and you will be treated like Family from now on.

Jan 28, 2016, 11:32 AM

A few things with this article, Amtrak takes 5 times as long to get to NJ versus the plane and three times more expensive. Even to catch a train the hours are all over the place and there are no direct trail from SC to his home. It is very nice that many of you and I have been down here since 2009 has talked about a family atmosphere, one of the many reasons that I wanted them to come down here instead of going to Mich., my hope is that they will come my way, but if not I will fully support my sister's decision

Replies: 13
| visibility 3,798
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic