Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Random Football thoughts from this weekend...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,426

Random Football thoughts from this weekend...

Sep 15, 2019, 10:19 AM

Clemson is the only team with 3 wins over Power 5 teams. One could argue that GA Tech shouldn't be considered a Power 5 team by the way they play and the "talent" on their roster but "it is what it is".

This was one weird weekend of football. Maybe it had something to do with the full moon on Friday the 13th. BC lost to Kansas, GA Tech lost to Citadel, NC State lost to WVU, Maryland lost to Temple, Miss State lost to Kansas State, Colorado lost to Air Force, Michigan State lost to Arizona State, and Wake Forest is 3-0.

Things I learned about Alabama this week: Bama's defensive front 4 (and the defense as a whole), are not nearly as good as they have been in previous years. Bama's scheme is dependent on generating pressure from their front 4 allowing their other 7 to lock down the rest of the field. That ain't happening with this year's Alabama team. Unless that front 4 gets a lot better they won't make it through their schedule without at least one loss. Tua is really good at throwing slants. Tua also folds like a lawn chair on the rare occasions an opposing defense puts him under pressure.

Things I learned about USuC this week: Five-head (Coot Bentley) will never start for the coots again - this year or any future year even if he redshirts. Hilinski is probably the first serviceable QB USuC has had since Spurrier ditched them for the retirement home. Coot Defense is not good - actually I think I already knew that....

ESPN and other press darlings with the easiest schedules so far this season: UGA, Ohio State, and Oklahoma. We really don't know how good these teams are (all look good on paper and stats). None of them have played a team with a pulse yet. I would say that UGA gets a test this week, but everyone knows that Notre Dame has failed to live up to their hype for the last 20 years and are gonna get exposed as frauds again next Saturday. Nope, UGA, Oklahoma, and Ohio State won't be tested until mid to late October so be prepared to hear the endless, unwarranted hype spewing out the talking heads about these 3 teams for the next 3 to six weeks.

Best quote so far from a Syracuse fan forum: "TD (Tommy DeVito) looked like the only female at a frat party" - used to describe how Clemson's defense got after DeVito all night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I light Wimmens..

Sep 15, 2019, 10:48 AM

but not Tommy!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for the "only female at a frat party" quote

Sep 15, 2019, 10:50 AM

about DeVito . . . Extremely apropos!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Random Football thoughts from this weekend...

Sep 15, 2019, 10:55 AM

Good stuff.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Random Football thoughts from this weekend...

Sep 15, 2019, 12:59 PM

Paragraph #2 of your post definitely puts things in perspective. That is, be happy for the win, even if we have an off night. We've also seen Tennessee lose to GA State and Michigan go to double OT at home against Army.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Not contradicting anything you said at all but I see two things

Sep 15, 2019, 1:11 PM

written a lot about Bamas passing game.

1) Tua is overrated, he just throws to wide open WRs

2) Alabamas WR corp is overrated

It must have occurred to somebody else that at least one of these things HAS to be false. Personally I think both are really, really good and they might have to carry that defense this year. Feels crazy to say that about a Saban team, but they didn't defend or run well yesterday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,426
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic