Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rainy weather effect on the game?????
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Rainy weather effect on the game?????

Oct 9, 2020, 8:54 AM

How do you see a wet field/rain affecting the game tomorrow night? Is it an advantage for us or for them or for neither? Who do you think it will hurt the most?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It probably depends on whether it rains on

Oct 9, 2020, 9:02 AM

just our side of the field or not.

That definitely had an effect on the outcome of the Notre Dame game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Let's assume it rains on BOTH sides of the field***

Oct 9, 2020, 9:12 AM

Frank Howard Field has excellent drainage, so I doubt the

Oct 9, 2020, 9:23 AM

rain will have a significant impact on the game.

Unless it's a downpour or heavy wind.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or lightning and tornadoes.

Oct 9, 2020, 9:29 AM

It is 2020, right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Hurricane, tornado, and lightning at the same time...

Oct 9, 2020, 9:41 AM

would be quite a trifecta

Let's assume...

Oct 9, 2020, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Let's assume it rains on BOTH sides of the field*** ]

cutigerbob® knows nothing about football and even less about Clemson. I think that approach would serve us better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Rainy weather effect on the game?????

Oct 9, 2020, 9:13 AM

My guesses.

For years the adage was "Rain is the great equalizer." So, that would lead you to believe that Miami would benefit.

But, rain should make it harder for King to run around and make the "scramble plays."

It has also been said that a wet field helps the receiver. "He knows where he's going; the defender doesn't." Ilike TL throwing the ball on a sloppy field more than I like King doing so.

Earlier in the week I predicted a score of 45-14, Clemson. With the current forecast, I'll change it. 52-14.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2020, 9:16 AM

That is a good question. Wet weather can greatly affect the kicking game. I guess the team that best protects the ball will have the advantage. UM has created turnovers this season so it is vital that the Tigers take care of the ball. A short field will help anyone. Hopefully it stays dry and the Tigers run wild!

Oct 9, 2020, 11:48 AM

I believe people will get wet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2020, 12:41 PM

Rain and mud usually benefits the better rushing team. Passing in the wind and rain can get kind of dicey, unless you have a gifted quarterback. I don't see Miami doing well in a rain, so long as we don't turn the ball over, or make special team gaffes. Miami might be in a lot of trouble!

Oct 9, 2020, 1:00 PM

Rain usually helps the slower team. If so, Clemson may have to grind it out on the ground.

It will affect us BIG TIME.

Oct 9, 2020, 1:09 PM

We won't be able to see hardly any of the Miami tears. :(

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic