Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ross?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,275

Ross?

Dec 10, 2020, 9:35 AM

Might be Germans but wasn’t he suppose to get checked out Tuesday? Any word.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rachel?

Dec 10, 2020, 9:40 AM

Don't expect any information, good or bad...

Dec 10, 2020, 9:50 AM

to be made available either from Ross himself or the University until at least Sunday (if then) which is Dabo's next scheduled presser.

That said and assuming everything went well, as someone who has been through two disc fusions, I think it is unrealistic to expect to see him on the field in uniform and taking hits before next Fall. The last thing he wants to do is rush back to the field and possibly compromise the success of the surgery. Of course, that just my opinion FWIW.

David Hood also posted a more detailed write-up on the circumstances with Ross earlier this week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Don't expect any information, good or bad...

Dec 10, 2020, 9:59 AM

It is very unlikely that Coach Swinney will comment on the availability of Ross OR anyone else prior to the game with Notre Dame. I can think of no reason why a coach would release this kind of information to the opposing coaching staff prior to a championship game. I would be 99.9 0/0 sure that Ross will not play anytime soon.GO Tigers

Dec 10, 2020, 10:04 AM

My guess is that he will reaffirm his previous statements that Ross will not be playing vs Notre Dame.

It won't change ND's preparation and it won't be new info since he has already stated it multiple times.

I do not think he will share any information from the recent doctor's appointment based on what DHood said in his recent post.

Dec 10, 2020, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Don't expect any information, good or bad... ]

So since you’ve been through it I have a question. Were you like Justyn and had a check up 6 months after surgery? If so did the doctor tell you? We’re you cleared to do any and everything you wanted to after the check up? I definitely want him to be completely healed so he can continue to live life free of pain and to it’s fullest. But if we’ve seen him play his last snaps then I wish him nothing but the best.

I don’t understand and hopefully someone could help me understand the situation. If your cleared by the doctor and are 100% healed what would be the point of waiting till next fall to try and play again? He’s already at practice going full speed and taking part. The only thing he isn’t doing is getting hit.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The surgeries I had...

Dec 10, 2020, 11:41 AM

and the surgery Ross had were a little different but the recovery is substantially similar.

The length and prognosis for a full recovery can and does vary greatly between patients based on things like age, weight, and overall physical condition.

Generally speaking, post-operative recovery is going to involve physical therapy to stretch and reintroduce various movements back into your regular routine. For me, that lasted three or four months with monthly check-ups with the surgeon. If all goes well, you'll be able to gradually resume normal activities.

However, even though you're no longer experiencing any pain or discomfort, the actual fusion takes about a year to fully heal during which time you are strongly encouraged to avoid lifting heavy objects and more intense physical activities.

Out of an abundance of caution and liability concerns, most if not all doctors will encourage patients to avoid collision sports like football and hockey.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The surgeries I had...

Dec 10, 2020, 2:30 PM

I appreciate your reply and thank you for breaking it down for me.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link

Dec 10, 2020, 10:02 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Justyn-Ross-checkup-2040865

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Ross?

Dec 10, 2020, 10:40 AM

if he is extremely lucky he will be cleared for contact next fall.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2020, 10:43 AM

He’s gonna look good hoisting all those trophies next season again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2020, 11:43 AM

I would say nothing. Let Notre Dame worry about it.

Dec 10, 2020, 11:54 AM

Thanks, thought something might have been said just could find anything.

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,275
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic