Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RIP Eddie Money...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

RIP Eddie Money...

Sep 13, 2019, 10:52 AM

One of the great ones, or at a minimum, one of the good ones.

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I guess he has 2 tickets to paradise***

Sep 13, 2019, 11:01 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

... "pack a bag of leaves tonight".***

Sep 13, 2019, 11:05 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I guess he has 2 tickets to paradise***

Sep 13, 2019, 11:51 AM [ in reply to I guess he has 2 tickets to paradise*** ]

Who is he taking with him?

You only take your sole, no passengers, no money...

Sep 13, 2019, 2:48 PM [ in reply to I guess he has 2 tickets to paradise*** ]

When I go, I'm going broke.

Re: You only take your sole, no passengers, no money...

Sep 13, 2019, 2:58 PM

Soul

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He came to Clemson for a concert

Sep 13, 2019, 11:04 AM

about 10 years ago and threw out the first pitch for a baseball game on the Friday night before. Nice guy. Spent about a half hour in the bullpen warming up for the first pitch. Him and his buddies looked much older in daylight than their publicity photos.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

He went everywhere for a concert.

Sep 13, 2019, 12:36 PM

The man never stopped touring. He was touring last year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: He came to Clemson for a concert

Sep 13, 2019, 5:07 PM [ in reply to He came to Clemson for a concert ]

Do you remember who he played with? My husband and I were trying to remember...

Re: He came to Clemson for a concert

Sep 13, 2019, 6:26 PM

I think it was Heart
I caught Eddie’s harmonica at that show
Still have it!

"I got two chickens to paralyze"

Sep 13, 2019, 11:05 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

One of the greats of what?

Sep 13, 2019, 11:09 AM

Because he certainly was not "one of the greats" at singing or playing music.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: One of the greats of what?

Sep 13, 2019, 11:15 AM

Keep it classy

Are you suggesting that it's not classy to suggest

Sep 13, 2019, 11:18 AM

that Eddie Money was not one of the greatest singers/musicians of all time?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Anyone who puts him above Rick Astley, is a stoopid idjit

Sep 13, 2019, 11:24 AM

moran that knows absolutely zero about good music.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Are you suggesting that it's not classy to suggest

Sep 13, 2019, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Are you suggesting that it's not classy to suggest ]

No. It's your timing. Dude just died.

That's nothing, you should've heard what I said about

Sep 13, 2019, 11:32 AM

Ted Kennedy right after he died.

“Take Me Home Tonight” is a great song.

Sep 13, 2019, 11:17 AM [ in reply to One of the greats of what? ]

So are 4-5 others.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I had a Shakin' feeling you would like that one.

Sep 13, 2019, 11:31 AM

nm.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How can you not like Skakin? Awesome drumming ... .

Sep 13, 2019, 11:50 AM [ in reply to One of the greats of what? ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tcD_dVcXE4

Did I say I didn't like it? I don't remember saying that.***

Sep 13, 2019, 11:56 AM

Re: How can you not like Skakin? Awesome drumming ... .

Sep 13, 2019, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Re: How can you not like Skakin? Awesome drumming ... . ]

Yep my favorite -- man made a living ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that was Prince's girlfriend Appolonia in

Sep 13, 2019, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: How can you not like Skakin? Awesome drumming ... . ]

the video for Shakin, right? I haven't worn my ruffled cravat and purple boots since When Doves Cry.

Re: One of the greats of what?

Sep 13, 2019, 1:55 PM [ in reply to One of the greats of what? ]

THat's your ignorant opinion. Some of us know more.

That's your ignorant opinion.

Sep 13, 2019, 2:18 PM

I know more.

I saw him in Atlanta in 1978

Sep 13, 2019, 11:37 AM

live, outdoors at Grant Field. He had a great band and put on a really good show. Never thought of him as one of the greats though.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Keep it classy***

Sep 13, 2019, 11:45 AM

Re: RIP Eddie Money...

Sep 13, 2019, 11:41 AM

He was a pop-rock guy ... so not one of my favorites but I can't say that he did not make catchy tunes .

Just like Ronny says.... take me home tonight .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 13, 2019, 12:42 PM

Ronnie is one of the greats. No one can woh oh ho .... like her. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufN_vLL1oNE

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2019, 2:00 PM

I'm a huge Ronnie Spector fan. I get posts from her. because of that, I knew Eddie wasn't doing well, since Ronnie sent out something a couple weeks ago. She a classy lady. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrVbawRPO7I

Sep 13, 2019, 2:53 PM

the audio was good, but the video kept flickering. Is there a subliminal message, or an I having a stroke ?

She's excellent.

Sep 13, 2019, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: RIP Eddie Money... ]

The 1st "woh oh ho", gave me the chills LOL. Haven't heard that one in ages.

Sep 13, 2019, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Re: RIP Eddie Money... ]

Ronnie

Sep 13, 2019, 2:12 PM

I loved Eddie Money...he got me through college!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2019, 2:26 PM

He was good, but he was no Huey Lewis or Michael Bolton.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would have been a rock singer,

Sep 13, 2019, 2:31 PM

but decided at a young age that life on the road would not be kind to my incredible good looks.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aw man. That is an absolute bummer.

Sep 13, 2019, 2:36 PM

Baby hold on to me. Whatever will be will be. The future's not ours to see.

Sep 13, 2019, 2:47 PM

.... anyone on the soundtrack of my Clemson days is a GREAT one!

+1 FM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Sep 13, 2019, 2:49 PM
Money.jpg(73.3 K)

The wife and I met Eddie at the concert in Clemson back in 2009 when the storm caused it to be canceled after just a couple of songs. He was one of my favorites. His best songs were the ones that never got radio time. Very talented musician. RIP Eddie. You will be missed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2019, 2:48 PM

I had forgotten he had the Popeye singing out of side of his mouth style. RIP

Saw him in Greenville. Opened for 38 Special. Good show!

Sep 13, 2019, 4:09 PM

Sad news indeed that he is gone.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saw him in Greenville. Opened for 38 Special. Good show!

Sep 13, 2019, 5:29 PM

I saw him play in Littlejohn Colliseum, back in the 80's, don't recall the year, but he opened for Heart as I recall.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of '87

Re: Saw him in Greenville. Opened for 38 Special. Good show!

Sep 13, 2019, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Saw him in Greenville. Opened for 38 Special. Good show! ]

Ronnie Spector
3 hrs ·
Eddie’s voice was soulful Rock & Roll, I just loved it. That’s really why we got together in the first place. I loved his voice, he loved mine. He introduced me to a whole new generation of fans in the 1980s with our recording and video of ‘Take Me Home Tonight’. Working in the studio with Eddie was way different from any other sessions I’ve been involved in. He had a crazy, great sense of humor, and was a real character, with the kind of positive vibe that we don’t see today, but we sure could use more of. Eddie brought joy to a lot people with his music and performing, and he never stopped. My heart is with his wife Laurie and their children. Rest gently, Eddie. Love, Ronnie.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic