Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Quick scoop.....Clemson dropping 2 sports
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Quick scoop.....Clemson dropping 2 sports

Nov 5, 2020, 2:29 PM

I have been told by a reliable source that Clemson is making plans to drop Men's Cross Country and Men's Track. I'm not sure of the timetable but I have been told a press release from the school is imminent. Also hearing AD Dan Radakovich will have a comment later today.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow! Sorry to hear.

Nov 5, 2020, 2:31 PM

Hard times call for tough choices.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Quick scoop.....Clemson dropping 2 sports

Nov 5, 2020, 2:32 PM

Gonna be the first of many with the loss of revenue, but I wonder how many women sports will be cut or will Title 9 be to big a hurdle?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2020, 2:35 PM

If it has to be equal through Title-9 , then I suspect 2 women's sports are already on the chopping block .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

It isn’t the number of sports but

Nov 5, 2020, 2:47 PM

The number of scholarships. A men’s T&F and cross country team has 12.6 scholarships (uses the same pool of scholarships) while the women’s team has 18. So they can’t for example drop the men’s and women’s team and remain compliant with Title IX.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2020, 2:35 PM

They should all just claim to be trans women and keep competing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Clemson dropping 2 sports . . . It’s a shame.

Nov 5, 2020, 2:37 PM

We all understand the reasoning they will give . . . but it’s still a shame.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well that sucks

Nov 5, 2020, 2:41 PM

our track team has been very good in some years

not sure about men's cross country

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

hate to hear that!!***

Nov 5, 2020, 2:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They should have never started the rowing program

Nov 5, 2020, 3:08 PM

I understand that it probably cost less to have that program, but what did we actually gain from having it?

Have we even come close to being competitive in this sport?

Men's and women's lacrosse might be better, and we just might be competitive too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Before Softball, it was a place to catch up with wimmens

Nov 5, 2020, 3:53 PM

schollies

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sad to see Olympic sports go....

Nov 5, 2020, 3:11 PM

Re: Sad to see Olympic sports go....

Nov 5, 2020, 3:24 PM

I assume it’s just the Men. The women’s Olympic sports should be fine. Because equality.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Assume you are right.....

Nov 5, 2020, 3:46 PM

Considering that is what the article said.

Why the dig about equailty?

Because it's not really about equality.***

Nov 5, 2020, 3:47 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Nov 5, 2020, 3:24 PM

DavidHood®

Would you mind asking Dan Radakovich which Prong is Clemson currently following to Satisfy Title IX requirements.

There are 3:

- Proportionality
- Expansion
- Accommodating Interests

By far, most schools satisfy requirements by "Expansion". As long as Clemson has a track record of adding opportunities, this can come in the form of new sports (Rowing, Softball more recently come to mind), or, more budget, or, more scholarships, or, more roster spots, or just about anything one could imagine, then there literally 0% chance of getting sued & losing a lawsuit under these provisions.

Nobody uses "Accommodating Interest" b/c you're literally taking a survey each year and asking students what needs they have that are not currently available. If some random girl says "bowling", and you don't add it, you could be found liable.

Very few use "Proportionality" b/c it's too difficult to stay current with the changes on the student body %, and each year you have to reset budget to match, exactly, what the % of student body is. For example, if you student body is 60% women, 40% men, then that's how what your budget, roster spots and scholarship numbers should reflect.

For example, UNC Chapel Hill has a student ratio that is consistently near 60% Female, 40% male. However, their numbers in the athletic department show there are 473 men & 394 women, AND, they spend $11,495,623 on their women's sports and nearly 3x as much on their Men's ($30,406,989). Even with the numbers in hand, they have never been found to be in violation b/c they slowly add to the women's programs each year. Despite the fact they spent nearly 3x more money on Men's and have 20% more men participants than women, their school, with 25 athletic programs, has never been found in violation.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic