Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Quick reminder...this too shall pass.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,933

Quick reminder...this too shall pass.

Oct 17, 2020, 10:14 PM

And by “this”, I don’t mean our punter. I mean the Golden Era of Clemson football. It might be ten years from now but no program is elite forever. Beating GT on the road by the biggest margin in ACC history...and making it look easy...is something to be enjoyed and savored. It’s all well and good to point out mistakes, opportunities for improvements, lament that someone isn’t being utilized as much as you would prefer, etc. but don’t look this gift horse in the mouth. Don’t spend the Golden Era of Clemson Football nitpicking or focusing on negatives. Enjoy it.

And no, I’m not posting this because I saw any negativity on the board today. But we can get spoiled...any fan base with a run like ours could. I thought I’d post it because we just casually gave one of the biggest beat downs the conference has ever seen. It really is amazing what Dabo has built at Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I for one enjoyed it immensely!

Oct 17, 2020, 10:16 PM

:)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Quick reminder...this too shall pass.

Oct 17, 2020, 10:22 PM

Speaking for myself, getting used to (a bit spoiled) this level of success. The way Trevor is playing just doesn't happen many places ever. Had a brief gasp thinking about this offense without Trevor/Travis/Amari (next year). But Dabo will reload, and the defense is starting to look like it's going to be dominant the next few years

OP’s name is not Swarley...it’s

Oct 17, 2020, 10:29 PM

Debra Downer
??

Oct 17, 2020, 10:36 PM

Well said. Clemson has suffered many losses on that field (the grass, not their new crap turf). For the Tigers to win 3 in a row in Atlanta, I am savoring every second of it.

If anyone is having a problem being spoiled, just remember the 2014 game there.

You’re right - we can’t take this for granted

Oct 17, 2020, 10:42 PM

It’s a hard fall. I was in school for the swan song of the Danny era. The following ten+ years were hard to swallow after getting used to having a program that could play with anybody. How much harder will it be to lose a regular season game (or two!!) when that day comes.

I don’t see this program fading any time soon... but we should remember to savor it every day.

“All glory is fleeting”

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yup just look at the real usc, nebraska, v tech

Oct 17, 2020, 10:44 PM

fsu (they will be back soon), and so on hell bama was dog chit before saban came in

Oct 17, 2020, 11:01 PM

Hopefully it is not within the next decade that it comes to an end.The Tigers have still got to many more things left to accomplish,like winning more National Titles,more undefeated seasons,more ACC Titles,a first ever Sugar Bowl victory,winning the granddaddy of them all the Rose Bowl,a first ever Heisman Trophy and Dabo being inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2020, 11:13 PM

Oh yea and forgot to mention Dabo surpassing Frank Howard in Wins and reaching the 200 Win mark

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,933
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic