Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question to SCAR fans on Tigernet
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 70
| visibility 1

Question to SCAR fans on Tigernet

Dec 20, 2018, 11:54 AM

Has WM ever accomplished anything at SC that was extraordinary? ie, any unanticipated victories, football upsets over top 25 teams, snagging recruits, anything at all?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It may be a rumor but I heard he

Dec 20, 2018, 12:00 PM

wrapped a toilet snake so long it actually coiled up and touched the lip of the terlit. It stayed intact too, no breakage. Didn't even wipe.

Does that count?

Obviously I don't have pigs or I'd post them.

I was shocked

Dec 20, 2018, 12:03 PM

when they came back and beat LA Tech last year

Re: I was shocked

Dec 20, 2018, 12:06 PM

You know, I had forgotten that incredible achievement.

Well, WiLL willed the Rain God to help defeat MOzoori Tigers!

Dec 20, 2018, 12:08 PM

Didn’t he?!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question to SCAR fans on Tigernet

Dec 20, 2018, 12:08 PM

Getting Pickens and Hilinski is probably a recruiting upset.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

^ YeP.. you zinged us there!

Dec 20, 2018, 12:10 PM

Good one & couple very good ones for the Coot Team.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea and just think...

Dec 20, 2018, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Question to SCAR fans on Tigernet ]

it only took paying off Pickens mother (a lifelong u5c fan) and giving Hilinski's brother a free ride to med school when no other med schools would admit him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Yea and just think...

Dec 20, 2018, 12:20 PM

What’s wrong with you Biggie, seriously? What went wrong in your life where you’re so willing to make up lies to convince yourself of something?

It’s pretty disgusting to insult the intelligence of a kid’s sibling because you don’t like the college the kid decided to play football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...bless your heart !!!!***

Dec 20, 2018, 12:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL...bless your heart !!!!***

Dec 20, 2018, 12:22 PM

Bless your heart. I hope you get help for whatever ails you.

Struck a nerve huh...

Dec 20, 2018, 12:27 PM

even after saying yourself that cheating (i.e, paying players and/or their parents) was perfectly acceptable conduct.

I think the fact that he had to settle for Scar's medical

Jun 15, 2021, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Yea and just think... ]

School says all you need to know about his intelligence.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

What's wrong with you? You're always here like a loser***

Dec 20, 2018, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Yea and just think... ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes and he is mama's boy like Belk

Dec 20, 2018, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Yea and just think... ]

at least, Pickens is a hard worker. 5 more years!!

Re: Yea and just think...

Dec 20, 2018, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Yea and just think... ]

Now I agree with the qb coming from ca. But Pickens went on social medic and said SC took care of him and his mama and she was moving with him to Columbia

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

I agree. Those players will now be upset for 4 years***

Dec 20, 2018, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Question to SCAR fans on Tigernet ]

Re: I agree. Those players will now be upset for 4 years***

Probably. I almost feel sorry for them.

Dec 20, 2018, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Question to SCAR fans on Tigernet ]

He has recruited several good players since he has been there. What have they accomplished. Were they players critical to the team

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

His record at CootU is far better than their historical

Dec 20, 2018, 12:09 PM

average. He is an upgrade from every coach other than maybe spur boltz and joe

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: His record at CootU is far better than their historical

Dec 20, 2018, 12:58 PM

So you're saying he's the 3rd best coach out of the 3 coaches they've had in the past 20 years?

Re: His record at CootU is far better than their historical

Dec 20, 2018, 6:19 PM

that's 4 coaches and 30+ years.

Dec 20, 2018, 12:09 PM

Allegedly, Kathleen flirted with him one time. Now, that's his word only, so likely false, but still it's a claimed achievement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

A more pertinent question for board coots...

WTPH are you doing here?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And

Dec 20, 2018, 12:39 PM

when are you going to LEAVE?

Dec 20, 2018, 12:21 PM

7-EEB656-B-39-F2-45-BD-A0-D5-CDC8-DC139-BDD.

Nothing spectacular on the field

Dec 20, 2018, 12:37 PM

But with what he inherited, I'm not sure there were high expectations by year 3.

If you can't acknowledge that recruiting and development are good with him, you're being disingenuous or you're looking only on the surface.

Regardless of what happens with him, he will leave South Carolina's program much better than he left it.

It takes time to build something, something Clemson fans seem to conveniently forget.

Re: Nothing spectacular on the field

Dec 20, 2018, 12:44 PM

I keep hearing what a poor team he inherited. Do you realize that the only people on the field next season that he inherited will be RS seniors?

Where were all the juniors and sophomores this season that are the result of his wonderful recruiting and developmental skills?

Also Clemson fans forget that building takes time?

Dabo won the division in his first full season. He had one down year and followed it by winning the conference in his third full year as head coach. That year began a streak that is still going of 10 win seasons.

What exactly took so long?

That means Dabo won the division twice, the conference once, and 10 games in the same number of years that Muschamp has been at scar.

Dec 20, 2018, 12:59 PM

It’s a lot easier to win the ACC than the SEC is it not?

Dec 20, 2018, 1:02 PM

maybe you idiots should have thought about that when you left.

Dec 20, 2018, 1:02 PM

If you remember...they couldn't win the ACC either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2018, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Nothing spectacular on the field ]

Since the conference comparison changes from year to year, and scar hasn't even won a division, would you care to compare wins vs teams with a winning record?

Dec 20, 2018, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Nothing spectacular on the field ]

Only due to the fact it goes through Bama. Your division isn’t great. If Clemson and Dabo were in the SEC East it would be no different except we may be recruiting at an even higher level. When you head coach has a vision, sells it to the BOT, the AD, and all the way down his staff the outside factors don’t matter. We would run the east division and compete against Bama for championships... sort of like how it happens every season.

Yea having to play Vandy, Tennessee, Mizzou and Ole Miss...

Dec 20, 2018, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Nothing spectacular on the field ]

must be brutal !!!!

Dec 20, 2018, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Nothing spectacular on the field ]

SEC East has been pretty terrible the last ten years aside from the Leghumpers the last two years. It's been so bad that Missouri came into the big bad SEC and won two division titles.

Y'all haven't done either, so how would you even know?***

Dec 20, 2018, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Nothing spectacular on the field ]

Dec 20, 2018, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Nothing spectacular on the field ]

Tommy Bowden: At Clemson, 7 wins gets you fired.

At South Carolina, 7 wins gets you a raise.

Some things never change.
Please make sure you hang on to your entire coaching staff forever.
Thanks.

COOT LOGIC

Dec 20, 2018, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Nothing spectacular on the field ]

Clemson's senior class has 4 losses total,
South Carolina's senior class has 4-5 losses just vs. Clemson

COOT LOGIC
(Grandpa voice) "I ever tell you the legend of Jake Bentley?
He led the gamecocks to records of 6-7, 9-4, 7-5... legendary numbers!... his legend grew so much that by 2018, they only lost to Clemson by 21!!!... can you believe that???"

We are the Cleveland Browns or Detroit Lions of college sports.

We can’t get of our own way of being stupid.

if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry christmas

Dec 20, 2018, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Nothing spectacular on the field ]

So easy in the ACC you won 1 championship and it was the worst ACC as a whole ever, 40 years before you graduated for that matter. Saban won a national champion ship in his 3rd year in the SEC.. Kirby Smart went to his 2nd SEC championship game and a national championship game by his 3rd season. Muschump required a makeup game against Akron to make his 2nd bowl game by that time, Muschump is on his worst recruiting class since his time at U5C so I wouldn't say recruiting would be showing signs of him building a program either, maybe OV's not on game day would be easier for him as at least he could show first half highlights when the fans are there and he could pretend U5C is about building a program not about yelling that their big brother is too good.

Dec 20, 2018, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Nothing spectacular on the field ]

This type of mentality is why y’all will never win an sec championship and be a middle of the pack team averaging 7-8 wins a year if that.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2018, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Nothing spectacular on the field ]

Also, what was so awful about what he took over?

South Carolina 247 recruiting class rankings:

-2016: 25th
-2015: 20th
-2014: 19th

Some of you have no interest in having a reasonable discussion, so I'll stop after this.

Dec 20, 2018, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Nothing spectacular on the field ]

1) South Carolina had no players close to drafted in 2016. There was no talent. I'm not sure why you think because he has had 3 recruiting classes, things should be righted by now.

2) I'm not trying to bash the ACC, but c'mon. That is not a fair metric. Clemson was not near the program in 2011 that they are now. Dabo absolutely went through a building process, and if you can't acknowledge that, you're not worth discussing anything with.

Again, I'm not sure how anything I said can be debated. South Carolina is improving. Who knows if that will mean better bowl games, because the SEC is improving too, but the program is getting better.

And Clemson was no juggernaut in year 3. Recruiting was grttung better, but give me a break. You guys just gloss over the 6-7 season, and you pretend fans never questioned Dabo.

Does anyone on here want to talk rationally or is every discussion black and white?

And my intent was never to compare the two programs or coaches

Dec 20, 2018, 1:21 PM

I was simply saying that there is a process of building a culture and standards, and Clemson fans should know that.

His teams have had bad performances, but I'm not ready to say that's all on him. Any objective person would consider South Carolina's stock moving up.

Re: And my intent was never to compare the two programs or coaches

Dec 20, 2018, 4:39 PM

Boom may be able to blame those performances partially on his laid back approach. Here you see him Gently persuading instead of just laying down the law.

Message was edited by: BloodbeOrange

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And my intent was never to compare the two programs or coaches

Dec 20, 2018, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Some of you have no interest in having a reasonable discussion, so I'll stop after this. ]

I was simply saying that there is a process of building a culture and standards, and Clemson fans should know that.

His teams have had bad performances, but I'm not ready to say that's all on him. Any objective person would consider South Carolina's stock moving up.

Re: And my intent was never to compare the two programs or coaches

Dec 20, 2018, 1:31 PM

Does this culture include deflecting beat downs by alleging racist remarks that were unable to be validated, players and coaches taking swipes at our QB while out of bounds, DBs trash talking our WRs while losing by 30+, allowing fans to throw things at our players...

I would say the most objective person really understands what kind of culture is being built and probably why SCar has never won anything meaningful in their existence as a program. But good try on selling the culture, you should quit listening to Dabo speeches wishing it was him coaching in the Roach instead of Muschamp.

Dude, get over yourself.

Dec 20, 2018, 1:38 PM

Both programs do things well and some things not so well. South Carolina players seem like good people and they graduate. You seem like you wear Clemson pajamas or do not own anything garnet colored in your house.

I don't see it's stock doing much more than

Dec 20, 2018, 4:43 PM [ in reply to And my intent was never to compare the two programs or coaches ]

staying the same. I really don't.. Recruiting rankings are pretty much the same, win totals pretty much the same, other divisional teams that have had their worst years in decades are starting to turn around (i.e. Florida). just about all of the teams on your schedule are recruiting on par or better....

Just seems pretty status quo to me.

GO TIGERS!!

Re: Some of you have no interest in having a reasonable discussion, so I'll stop after this.

Dec 20, 2018, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Some of you have no interest in having a reasonable discussion, so I'll stop after this. ]

Of course I would not compare the two programs now, but Clemson was better in 2011 than scar is now.

That was the comparison I was making based on you saying what is realistic to expect at this point.

Of course Clemson has gotten better since then but it didn't take more than 3 years to become relevant.

Didn't say Clemson wasn't better***

Dec 20, 2018, 1:42 PM

Re: Some of you have no interest in having a reasonable discussion, so I'll stop after this.

Dec 20, 2018, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Some of you have no interest in having a reasonable discussion, so I'll stop after this. ]

Sure let’s talk rationally.

Muschamps head coaching career:

At Florida: 7-6, 11-2, 4-8, 6-5. 36 players drafted into the NFL.

At SCar: 6-7, 9-4, 7-5 (currently). 0 players drafter with 3 potentially coming up.

So objectively, not making any significant progress in continuing to win more games year over year and not having any players drafted year over year... is that progress. Also for fun let’s project your W-L record for next year.

Losses at Bama, Uga, UF, A&M, and Clemson. Tossups Missouri, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky. Wins Charleston Southern, open date, and graciously I’ll give you App St altough that can be debated. You are staring down a good record of 6-6 type of year. Again... objectively is that progress?... objectively of course.

Dec 20, 2018, 2:25 PM

And three of their seven wins during the 2018 season were over powerhouses Coastal Carolina, Chattanooga and Akron. We can't brag because we had four patsies, Furman, Georgia Southern and a couple from the SEC.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

***Crickets******

Dec 20, 2018, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Some of you have no interest in having a reasonable discussion, so I'll stop after this. ]

How do you measure improvement...

Dec 20, 2018, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Some of you have no interest in having a reasonable discussion, so I'll stop after this. ]

Only at SCAR is it not measured by winning more games...

Dec 20, 2018, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Some of you have no interest in having a reasonable discussion, so I'll stop after this. ]

The talent has been there though based on the recruiting numbers. Perhaps it hasn't at the level of Clemson, but South Carolina has consistently recruited in the top 25 in the years before and after Muschamp took over, and yet they haven't sniffed a top 25 finish in the rankings during his time there. What exactly was his excuse at Florida? Did he not have any talent there either?

He's now had 7 seasons as a head coach, and all he has to show for it is 1 top 25 season(at Florida) a 50-37 overall record, and a 29-27 record in the SEC. Take away his second year at Florida when he went 11-2, and 7-1 in the SEC and he's only 39-35 overall and 22-26 in the SEC in his other 6 seasons. Maybe he's not the worst coach in the world, but 7 years of results shows that he's an average coach.

Dude is 1-11 against top 25 teams at South Carolina with the 1 win coming against an injury riddled Tennessee team. If he were such an amazing coach then wouldn't you figure he'd have at least an upset win or two in there somewhere?

Dec 20, 2018, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Some of you have no interest in having a reasonable discussion, so I'll stop after this. ]

No I agree with you. SC is improving. Mischa o is honestly doing better than I though because I thought that was going to turn into a dumpster fire. That being said I’m also not concerned about them catching up to us anytime soon. Which is why I find it easy to admit they are showing improvement.

Dec 20, 2018, 5:24 PM

That being said I don’t think the culture being built there is particularly promising.

Dec 20, 2018, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Nothing spectacular on the field ]

Maybe I should help you with a few things that you as a “Clemson” fan seemingly has forgotten.

In Dabo’s third full year as a head coach he won 10 games, a division title, and conference championship, and played in a BCS bowl game. Since that debacle, he has not won less than 10 games in his coaching career as a head coach while playing in 4 CFP seasons and winning 4 consecutive conference championships. His seniors have consecutively set records for wins in school history and with a national championship this year could be the winningest class in NCAA history.

So ya... I’d say we Clemson fans understand a thing or 2 about building a program. Dabo had less of an interim experience than Muschamp as he got to play interim head coach at Florida since in my opinion you can’t count that effort as real coaching. So check back in with me next year to see if Muschamp is building. If at Dabo’s pace he wins 10 games, something relevant like a division championship, and plays in a bowl game that people have heard of. I’m guessing 6-6 isn’t what you have in mind as progress though.

Dec 20, 2018, 12:49 PM

The only issue I have with your post if that Muschamp has already been at scar for 3 seasons. Comparing his record next year with Clemson's 2011 season is a year off.

Having said that I would be a little surprised by scar winning 10 games and the conference next season with their schedule.

Dec 20, 2018, 12:51 PM

Maybe let the idiocy of 08 post cloud my typing lol. Either way... a real Clemson fan hasn’t forgotten what building looks like. We live it everyday... something SCar won’t ever be able to say.

Dec 20, 2018, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Nothing spectacular on the field ]

I really hate when data ruins objectivity and 08 can’t ask me about my nightwear anymore. The cultures of the program and character of the kids can’t be compared. Not saying they haven’t had a few great kids come through... Lattimore and Shaw come to mind. But they have had way more Clowneys and Fenton’s compared to our Watson’s and CJ’s. Good thing I have wins and data to support me instead of hope and dreams like our friends in Columbia.

Is this the part where I find individual examples

Dec 20, 2018, 4:15 PM

of poor behavior by Clemson players? Follow it up with half-truths and generalizations to win an argument? You gotta love college football discussions. My team good your team bad.

I think its just fun to watch when you are defending a team

Dec 20, 2018, 4:23 PM

that is actually bad.

Re: Is this the part where I find individual examples

Dec 20, 2018, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Is this the part where I find individual examples ]

Hey 08... maybe you missed my half truths o page 3 you would like to respond to about black and white conversation... I’ve been waiting.

Lol. I can just see you slamming a keyboard.

Dec 20, 2018, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Nothing spectacular on the field ]

Again, Clemson and Dabo were building something. I have no idea how that can be debated. South Carolina is having to do that as well.

Take a deep breath. This was not an attack on your Tigers.

Dec 20, 2018, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Nothing spectacular on the field ]

But with what he inherited, I'm not sure there were high expectations by year 3.

If you can't acknowledge that recruiting and development are good with him, you're being disingenuous or you're looking only on the surface.

Regardless of what happens with him, he will leave South Carolina's program much better than he left it.

Honest to God I think I've read this exact statement about every coach you guys have trotted onto the field for the previous 30 years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2018, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Nothing spectacular on the field ]

"he will leave South Carolina's program much better than he left it."

You're lack of intelligence is showing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Question to TigerNet fans obsessed with SCAR?

Dec 20, 2018, 1:23 PM

Why are you obsessed with an inferior product?

Dec 20, 2018, 3:06 PM

He lost to Clemson several years in a row... looking back at Coot pre-game comments over the past 3 years, they seem to think losing to us this much is a "surprise".

He covered the spread against us this year...They gave him

Dec 20, 2018, 5:32 PM

a raise for that

Re: He covered the spread against us this year...They gave him

Dec 20, 2018, 5:44 PM

Haha this one post has accomplished more than all of 08’s posts combined. Muschamp did cover the spread this year only losing by 3 TDs. If that isn’t progress I honestly don’t know what is.

Replies: 70
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic