Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question on game clock
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,585

Question on game clock

Dec 3, 2018, 8:29 PM

I assume this has probably been mentioned on here already, but right before the third quarter ended, Trevor ran the ball and stepped out of bounds with about 30 seconds on the game clock.The clock did not stop when he went out of bounds and continued til there was only 3 or 4 seconds left when the next play began. Why did the clock not stop when he stepped out?
I saw this from the stands and came home to watch the recording of the game and was surprised there was no mention of this from the announcers or from the coaches.
What am I missing here?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good question

Dec 3, 2018, 8:43 PM

looking at the clock rules, it would appear the clock should stop

https://naiafb.arbitersports.com/Groups/109471/Library/files/Clock_Tutorial_CFO.pdf

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: Question on game clock

Dec 3, 2018, 8:50 PM

I believe that the clock stops only long enough to set the ball and is restarted until the last 2 minutes of the 2nd quarter and last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 9:07 PM

No, I think that is the pro rule. The college rule is that it stops the final two minutes of both first and second half.

ACC Refs are incompetent?***

Dec 3, 2018, 9:30 PM

Dec 3, 2018, 9:56 PM

Very simple. With 2:00 minutes remaining in each half, the clock will stop until it is snapped again. Outside of those times, if a player goes out of bounds, clock only stops long enough to reset the ball for play.

I saw exactly what you did, and the refs did Not stop the clock until the ball was re-spotted by the refs. They screwed up. Cost us about 5-6 seconds, but as it turned out it didn’t matter since we got the snap off before the 3rd quarter ended.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,585
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic